These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

is the ESS actually used?

Author
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#1 - 2014-01-31 15:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Aquila Sagitta
Out in various nullsex looking for ESS to rob and I've only found one. Which had 1.2mil in it which I stole. Went back couple hours later and it was gone (presumably scooped).

Also curious if there's any way to find ESS without being in system with it? Is there a map setting like for cynos?
Answer: No there is no waying of knowing where an ESS is unless your in system with it.

Update: Since making this thread I've found a few ESS. Most are empty or have very little isk in them.
Current Total ESS Winnings

Attention ESS now does give km! much happy Big smile

Update: To answer the question 'is the ESS actually used?' It is gaining popularity. Been seeing these more often now that null has had time to get them out to their space. Trying to rob them is nearly impossible with a smart player tho. The 30 second share timer is very difficult to beat with intel chats even in a ceptor.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2 - 2014-01-31 15:47:07 UTC
Quote:
Also curious if there's any way to find ESS without being in system with it? Is there a map setting like for cynos?

Rofl.

Someone asked me a little while ago if the ESS could possibly be worse. Now I have an answer.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#3 - 2014-01-31 15:49:50 UTC
I imagine it will be a long while before it's used much, and when it is it will be in very few systems. It's pretty pointless, since all it's doing is basically taxing you a bit into a pool which you might get later, or might not depending on who accessed it. I'm really not sure what the thinking was behind it. It's certainly not going to be a major conflict driver. You're more likely to be able to find and rob people's MTUs.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#4 - 2014-01-31 15:51:37 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

Rofl.

Someone asked me a little while ago if the ESS could possibly be worse. Now I have an answer.

I think every jump drive capable ship should see them as friendly cynos, and be able to bridge/jump to them by mistake
Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-01-31 15:51:44 UTC
Erm maybe you should search in systems that have military on 4 or higher. And at the moment that thing is bugged and being used as wormhole scout. And LP are not correctly given for killing rats so the interest in using them is low.
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#6 - 2014-01-31 15:54:12 UTC
Update: Just found and stole 45 mil Big smile

I'M RICH *****
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#7 - 2014-01-31 15:54:23 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:
and being used as wormhole scout.
HAHA! That is truly genius. Some times I love the EVE community (only sometimes), such a creative bunch.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#8 - 2014-01-31 16:00:32 UTC
Don't give us that much credit, that was only one person
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-01-31 16:02:35 UTC
Stealing is wrong.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#10 - 2014-01-31 16:03:05 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Out in various nullsex looking for ESS to rob and I've only found one. Which had 1.2mil in it which I stole. Went back couple hours later and it was gone (presumably scooped).

I've experienced the ESS once. An alliance mate put up and Amarr ESS and it caused some "discussion" in local but we all decided to leave it up and give it a go. The owner sat a cyno alt on the thing at zero and as soon as hostiles showed up next door he hit share. The cyno alt was able to get away, we all got our isk and LP and the hostiles didn't even bother to shoot the ESS.

So much for "driving conflict" though lol. The total risk on our part was 1 25 mil ESS (owned by one guy not the alliance) and his cyno alt who had his clone set for the system we were in so even if it and it's noob ship died, no big whoop. The ESS should have never left the drawing board is was born on.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#11 - 2014-01-31 16:18:08 UTC
In the live stream yesterday CCP gave a figure for the number of times an ESS had been deployed in the first 2 days of the patch. I think it was about 1000 times.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#12 - 2014-01-31 16:23:54 UTC
we killed one on a roam during the standings outage

my only complaint is CCP not pushing out art assets to the KB community... AGAIN!
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#13 - 2014-01-31 16:30:41 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
The ESS should have never left the drawing board is was born on.
I'm kinda surprised it wasn't laughed out of the room when first introduced beyond the creating team.
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#14 - 2014-01-31 16:34:33 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm kinda surprised it wasn't laughed out of the room when first introduced beyond the creating team.

I think its a great idea. Just need to make it good enough so that bears use them.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#15 - 2014-01-31 16:43:35 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

I think its a great idea. Just need to make it good enough so that bears use them.

Suggestions, then?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#16 - 2014-01-31 16:46:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Aquila Sagitta
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Suggestions, then?

Make the ESS boost payouts to 105% by just dropping it then increase to 110% over time

OOO just had a thought. What if you had to hack the ESS to get it to boost payouts?
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#17 - 2014-01-31 17:12:02 UTC
Or if you have no contributed to the ESS then to get to the money you have to play a hacking minigame.
Tarpedo
Incursionista
#18 - 2014-01-31 17:25:27 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Suggestions, then?

Add +25% while lowering direct payout to 66% of norm and people will use and rob them like there is no tomorrow.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#19 - 2014-01-31 17:27:25 UTC
Tarpedo wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Suggestions, then?

Add +25% while lowering direct payout to 66% of norm and people will use and rob them like there is no tomorrow.

If you drop payment to 66% of normal, people will simply desert nullsec.

That's the problem in the first place.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2014-01-31 17:35:31 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

If you drop payment to 66% of normal, people will simply desert nullsec.

That's the problem in the first place.

not true.. lazynnes is still the most powerful force in the universe. But the direction is correct. Base payout should be even lower and the reward should be even higher. Also the time to hit share should not be THAT fast. Should take at least like 1 min.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

123Next pageLast page