These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

When does your Corp or Alliance fight?

Author
Ayden Messura
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-01-31 06:49:57 UTC
Being a newer entity to the c5 scene, we typically will fight on every occasion we get; however, typically due to our size we will attempt to arrange either a cap limit or a pilot limit so that its not suicide for us. Not easy replacing a t3 fleet when your just getting started but typically we will engage and try our luck at a fight with what we have if no arrangement can be made.

I will say this though, we are much more willing to fight if we dont see caps ready to come in on the other side of the hole. While they are commonly used in wh fights in lower numbers, if people come into our hole we dont know enough about their intentions to feel comfortable. We only just used caps in our hole for pvp this week for the first time which was awesome might I add, but the experience comfort that you gain from fights is not where it would need to be to, for lack of a better word, be careless about how we engage.

So far every entity we have fought though have been good sports for the most part and have even gotten some of our pilots exits out when trapped etc, so thanks to those we have fought for the courtesy given after a good brawl, it goes a long way with us as far as the community is concearned.

See you on the battlefield.
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#22 - 2014-01-31 08:30:26 UTC
We engage when we feel like it
Dmitry Wizard
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#23 - 2014-01-31 08:38:56 UTC
when ever a good fight is to be expected. We dont engage TLC anymore. "TLC? Assume Archons"

"Wormhole corps are like a bunch of homeschooled kids"

Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-01-31 11:52:34 UTC
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
when ever a good fight is to be expected. We dont engage TLC anymore. "TLC? Assume Archons"

Could be worse Dmitry, play with Adhoc, they'll roll you into their hole after baiting you to fight them, drop multiple caps on you and then try to ransom you to pay for their losses :P

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Jay Joringer
#25 - 2014-01-31 12:20:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jay Joringer
Svodola Darkfury wrote:
Jay Joringer wrote:
We will fight if it's a trap and obviously a trap. Especially if it's mentioned on comms before everyone warps in that there is no way that it is not a trap.

But this is only because we can't figure out how else to find out how big a trap it is.

Same for Heaven's End. We will rarely fight on an unscouted chain vs. a well-known entity's PVP fleet though, because we simply don't have intel about whether or not they are really a 5 man gang or a 30 man fleet. Given our limited number of pilots we have to be pretty choosy about our engagements. For example, last time we tried to fight 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' without good intel they dropped 40 pilots on our 8 man gang, so we're much more cautious now.

Svo.

So... it's not the same then. I didn't mention 'intel' or 'scouting' since they are sensible things to do that might lead us to the conclusion that we'd lose. It's more fun to dive headlong into something then see if you can bail if you bite off more than you can chew. Besides, there's always free cheese in a mousetrap. Running away with that cheese is the challenge.
M Thomas
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#26 - 2014-01-31 14:56:51 UTC
Sith1s Spectre wrote:
Dmitry Wizard wrote:

Could be worse Dmitry, play with Adhoc, they'll roll you into their hole after baiting you to fight them, drop multiple caps on you and then try to ransom you to pay for their losses :P

umad bra?
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#27 - 2014-01-31 15:15:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Nucleus
If the shoe fits...

No trolling please

M Thomas
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#28 - 2014-01-31 15:26:29 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
If the shoe fits...

Show me on the dolly were the capitals touched you...
larf1986
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
Unspoken Alliance.
#29 - 2014-01-31 17:44:16 UTC
Ayden Messura wrote:
Being a newer entity to the c5 scene, we typically will fight on every occasion we get; however, typically due to our size we will attempt to arrange either a cap limit or a pilot limit so that its not suicide for us. Not easy replacing a t3 fleet when your just getting started but typically we will engage and try our luck at a fight with what we have if no arrangement can be made.

I will say this though, we are much more willing to fight if we dont see caps ready to come in on the other side of the hole. While they are commonly used in wh fights in lower numbers, if people come into our hole we dont know enough about their intentions to feel comfortable. We only just used caps in our hole for pvp this week for the first time which was awesome might I add, but the experience comfort that you gain from fights is not where it would need to be to, for lack of a better word, be careless about how we engage.

So far every entity we have fought though have been good sports for the most part and have even gotten some of our pilots exits out when trapped etc, so thanks to those we have fought for the courtesy given after a good brawl, it goes a long way with us as far as the community is concearned.

See you on the battlefield.

Confirming these guys like a fight Big smileBig smileBig smile

We will try to fight everything we can when were on
Klarion Sythis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-01-31 18:11:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Klarion Sythis
M Thomas wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
If the shoe fits...

Show me on the dolly were the capitals touched you...

=/

Good times with EVE-Kill comments.

If TLC and Adhoc go all sandbox about it and overkill to win it only matters in that they might get less fights or if someone ***** their pants so hard they try to evict.

Other than that it's a lot of drive by middle fingers.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#31 - 2014-01-31 18:41:18 UTC
M Thomas wrote:
Sith1s Spectre wrote:
Dmitry Wizard wrote:

umad bra?

This bears uncanny resemblance to that alliance formerly known as REPO.
Xar Pahineh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-01-31 20:25:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Xar Pahineh
^^ agree

Suicide likes to fight, we fight whenever we can, isn't that the reason we're in a WH?

That being said - we'll scout, look for a good fight either down the chain or in k-space. We went out in a BS fleet last friday, got our asses handed to us but it was fun.

We've fought most of you guys over the past few months, some we won, some we haven't.

it's all about the fun in the end, and fighting is fun, so we bring the fight whenever we can.
Quinn Diaz
DON'T DO IT DAD
#33 - 2014-01-31 20:42:17 UTC
Page 2 and I'm the first one to confess that I am risk averse?

Me and my friends normally jump on every opportunity to score a gank, while trying to bait smaller escalations. We will not however take any fight we know we will lose, since we normally roll with 2-4 dps ships and no logistics (but a bunch of scout/tackle alts).

This doesn't mean that we run from everything that looks remotely dangerous however. With good intel and going in aggressive you can get some nice results with a much smaller fleet, since the first reaction for most people is to run away when someone is confident enough to go HAM on you. With this technique we have managed to fight half a fleet, and kill off their reinforcements returning 1 by 1 when they realize we actually didn't have a large fleet.

But then comes the times when you face the fleets with as many or more dps t3, backed up by tackle/bubbles and logis. These times we are the cowards cloaking up/posing up, hoping to catch a lone straggler or set a trap by rolling a hole when we know a smaller group is out roaming, hoping to catch them where their path home used to be.
Akatori Nalelmir
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2014-01-31 20:48:25 UTC
We like to form up big fleets and not fight, because we are "too passive", True Story
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-01-31 21:24:43 UTC
M Thomas wrote:
Sith1s Spectre wrote:
Dmitry Wizard wrote:

umad bra?

Not really no. We'll take the hard fights and jump in without any hesitation ballsdeep into your home.

It's your sandbox and you can crap in it however you want. For us personally, it just changes what sort of fleet we bring next time.

Regards,

Sith

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

M Thomas
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#36 - 2014-01-31 22:00:05 UTC
Your space courage and honor is obviously unmatchable.

Respects,

M
Glyndi
Doom Generation
Best Intentions.
#37 - 2014-01-31 22:06:26 UTC
We take all the fights, because not fighting is against our GSI (Give a **** Index).
JamesWyh
Probe Patrol
#38 - 2014-02-01 13:51:10 UTC
Backing what my fellow corp man Rek says. I aim for my corp to have fun and take fights wherever we can. We shall back away from suicide but we have found that it is the hard fights that your learn from. We want to learn to be better and that is what we try. Often with mixed success.

I agree with what mr bane says (scarily) about it not people a fault when you just can't fight. We tried on NoHos the other day, made an error then hit the retreat button. Similarly Adhoc rolled into us ready but they were just honest and said we had too much online so left them to it.

My aims are fun and education. Normally not mixed but for this they shall be !

In other news I am enjoying the diversity away from t3 fleets that seems to be spreading. It makes stuff more interesting indeed.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#39 - 2014-02-01 15:16:03 UTC
After nearly four years of faring the unknown, this is what I've noticed... Those trying to make a name for themselves (new/reformed corps/alliances) will more than likely give you a good fight, but then they become prima donnas. Is there anyone left out there who truly does not give a f***?
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#40 - 2014-02-01 18:20:10 UTC
I didn't want that salvage legion anyway....

No trolling please