These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NPC Insta Lock

Author
UltimateAmbush
Moon Iron Corporation
#1 - 2014-01-31 01:55:06 UTC
First i am sorry if i posted it in wrong section but couldnt where this belongs.

NPC insta locking, i have heard of players doing this but never NPC. My fellow alliance members also had this problems. I travel through low quite often going form one place to other. So on a normal routine trip, NPC's locked and scram me in a sec. I was flying Hookbill, it is fitted to have under 2s align/warpout timer and 8.6au speed, I jumped systems, I am cloaked from jump at the 30km off gate, from my overview i select jumpgate option to go to next system, meanwhile i am still cloaked from the jump. my ship starts aligning and gaining speed but next second I see blood raider ships had me scram. I killed him off and left. the thing here is i have made many jumps in low sec where NPC frigs are at gate and have warpped out with no problem while having the cloak from system jump. This was first time that a NPC ship insta lock me and scram me in a sec of where ship is aligning and gaining speed. My alliance mates have lost 2 blockade runners and 1 interceptor to same problem of insta lock. after they have jumped system.
I hope i explain myself enough.
Actaeon Versaea
#2 - 2014-01-31 04:15:58 UTC
Meh, In all honesty, the NPCs on gates are never very strong.... A combat ship should make cake of them, and a transport really ought to have warp core stabs fitted on low/null flights. I can't see what the issue is.

Targeting and killing a gate spawn takes prehaps 60 seconds in a badly fitted ship. 20 sec in something decent. Warping out with stabilizers takes no more delay than normal. Isn't thank bad.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#3 - 2014-01-31 05:39:43 UTC
Its very rare, but I have seen people get scrambled by rats on a gate before. Whats unusual is how fast they locked you. Typically even if they could lock you fast, it would take a few seconds to aggro.

Be glad they weren't incursion rats. They will instalock you, tackle you, and then blow you away.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

UltimateAmbush
Moon Iron Corporation
#4 - 2014-01-31 06:53:29 UTC
What my alliance mates lost were to incursion rats. So do they insta lock you?

Problem is I was equipped enough to kill the rats but when I was done doing that a rifter came in who than followed me for 6 systems after I manage to outrun him. My fit wasnt meant to pvp, so the time needed to kill NPC = time someone can come to you accidentaly or find you and than pvp side of game begins, which i wasnt ready and fit to do.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#5 - 2014-01-31 08:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregor Parud
All NPC cheat and aren't limited by stats or mechanics that us players have to abide by, incursion NPC don't only cheat but are also on PCP. Also, player insta lock doesn't exist.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-01-31 17:11:57 UTC
cannot say about gate NPCs.

However faction NPC lock, web, damp and kill you WITH BLASTERS from 263km. I bug-reported such case like 1 month ago. Haven't received any results....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Kay Ahn
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-01-31 18:22:08 UTC
UltimateAmbush wrote:
I was flying Hookbill, it is fitted to have under 2s align/warpout timer and 8.6au speed

Out of curiosity, how do you fit Hookbill to have under 2s align? I was unable to do it even with implants (which were not used judging by "it is fitted")?
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#8 - 2014-01-31 19:44:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
Kay Ahn wrote:
UltimateAmbush wrote:
I was flying Hookbill, it is fitted to have under 2s align/warpout timer and 8.6au speed

Out of curiosity, how do you fit Hookbill to have under 2s align? I was unable to do it even with implants (which were not used judging by "it is fitted")?

Two instabs and 2 T1 LFNJs will get you bellow 2 ticks without implants. Same goes for 1 instab (or two nanos) and a nomad set without rigs, as well as a lot of combinations of implants, rigs and modules in general.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-01-31 22:10:21 UTC
I lost a cov ops to this once and a few times took some damage but was able to get away. Usually NPC's won't aggro before you warp out, even in slow aligning ship but very rarely, at soon as you break gate cloak its instantaneous.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Kay Ahn
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-02-01 10:15:20 UTC
Bertrand Butler wrote:
and a nomad set

Ah, yes, Nomad it is. Thanks. I guess without Nomad it is not possible (under 2s align and 8.6 AU warp).
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#11 - 2014-02-01 10:20:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
Kay Ahn wrote:
Bertrand Butler wrote:
and a nomad set

Ah, yes, Nomad it is. Thanks. I guess without Nomad it is not possible (under 2s align and 8.6 AU warp).

Yes, it is. Blink

[Caldari Navy Hookbill, dff]

Local Hull Conversion Inertial Stabilizers I
Local Hull Conversion Inertial Stabilizers I

[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Warp Drive Speed WS-610
Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Evasive Maneuvering EM-703

1.97s align, 8.59au/s warp speed.
Kay Ahn
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-02-01 11:06:11 UTC
Bertrand Butler wrote:

Well, that's not 8.6 Blink But yeah Smile
Layla Firoue
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-02-01 13:36:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Layla Firoue
Kay Ahn wrote:
Bertrand Butler wrote:

Well, that's not 8.6 Blink But yeah Smile

Nitpicking for the sake of the argument is kinda pathetic.

Oh and if you manage to find Eifyr WS 618 and EM 706 + the already mentioned fitting
its 1.9 align and 9.2 au warp speed ......Booosh