These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Royal (Khanid) Navy Faction Ships

Author
Actaeon Versaea
#1 - 2014-01-31 00:25:02 UTC
I had quite an eleborate version of this written, but then the EVE fourms save draft feature ate it up...

Basicly, this is the 3,421st Khanid Battleship post, in disguise. I searched before posting. Big smile

I believe that we should have a line of Royal Khanid Navy (RKN) Faction ships in game, despite the fact that they are a minor faction, for the following reasons:

1. Everything looks better in Khanid colours. Even the Minmitar Hulls.
  2. Khanid ships offer a unique play style with armor and close range missiles, that I find quite enjoyable (I hope others do, or this post will crash and burn Ugh)
  3. The current Khanid Invitations Tech II line up lacks a BS Hull, ann CCP has no immediate plans to release another Tech II BS. (Although in a Q and A sessions a Dev did say they were looking into another Tech II BS in the long term)
  4. The Kingdom is, in lore at least, essentially an independent state - more so that any other minor factions.
  5. Awesome paint job, although I already mentioned it. CCP, give the person in art department, whom thought it up, a cookie.

I suggest they be based on the following hulls:
Frigate: Cruor, as the RKN NPCs have Khanid Coloured Cruors on gates

Destroyer, If we add navy destroyers: Dragoon, as has no faction/Tech II cousins.

Cruiser:Omen, to avoid competing visually with the Curse and Sacrilege; The RKN Omen NPC also looks good. See point 1 in my list of reasons.

Battlecruiser:Oracle or Harbinger, not too fussy... Possibly Oracle as the Harbinger already has a Faction version... Hmm.. Should the RKN Oracle be able to fit torpedoes? Cool

Battleship:Abaddon, as per popular opinion.

I'm not too fussed about balancing, but I might venture they trend towards 7.5% (Standard Navy Issue Bonus) to the relevant missile range and flight time, to avoid competing with existing Khanid Invitations Ship.