These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The ESS has to go

First post First post
Author
Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#61 - 2014-01-30 15:11:15 UTC
Do these deployables send any notifications to the owner (aside from message in local) when they are accessed/shot at via the in game mailing system ?

If so I can see a use for an ESS deployed in a ratting system on the far side of my null hole :)

Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#62 - 2014-01-30 15:17:12 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHa

What a gigantic douche dildo of an idea. Let's make a deployable which is used for sov carrier ratting carebears anchorble in w-space.

how about it requires sov to anchor.

This, honestly, will be the end of wormholes. Already I get more PVP than most of the know-nothing useless gusset stains who QQ on here, but that's because the ESS isn't widespread knowledge. Soon even one as mighty as I will have to settle for <20 kills a month, mostly in dullsec, when every idiot and his alt can anchor an ESS on any and all wormholes.

Cheeses, CCP. Get with the program you dullards.

No, our corp will get more than 20 kills per month. This just means we'll start targeting for eviction any corp we catch using these in w-space to be risk averse.
M Thomas
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#63 - 2014-01-30 15:26:34 UTC
Rall Mekin wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHa

What a gigantic douche dildo of an idea. Let's make a deployable which is used for sov carrier ratting carebears anchorble in w-space.

This, honestly, will be the end of wormholes. Already I get more PVP than most of the know-nothing useless gusset stains who QQ on here, but that's because the ESS isn't widespread knowledge. Soon even one as mighty as I will have to settle for <20 kills a month, mostly in dullsec, when every idiot and his alt can anchor an ESS on any and all wormholes.

No, our corp will get more than 20 kills per month. This just means we'll start targeting for eviction any corp we catch using these in w-space to be risk averse.

Now I have to anchor one.
Ayden Messura
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2014-01-30 15:29:56 UTC
This "feature" needs to go. Not only have they wasted their time developing the ESS rather than fix mechanics that entice fights in low and null, they are also crapping on our no local parade due to improper testing prior to release... Seems to be a trend here.
Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#65 - 2014-01-30 15:40:37 UTC
M Thomas wrote:
Rall Mekin wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHa

End-of-Line does not evict PvP corps, and I wouldn't dare attempt to evict Adhocracy.

What I mean is, we will consider use of the ESS as a high priority when determining what carebear corp gets removed from C5 space each month. We do monthly evictions... October, November, and December thus far. We've missed January since we moved earlier this month and need a break. We will however begin doing them towards the end of January/beginning of March.
Caius Beriat
O'Coin Enterprises
#66 - 2014-01-30 16:03:22 UTC
Rall Mekin wrote:
M Thomas wrote:
Rall Mekin wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHa

End-of-Line does not evict PvP corps, and I wouldn't dare attempt to evict Adhocracy.

What I mean is, we will consider use of the ESS as a high priority when determining what carebear corp gets removed from C5 space each month. We do monthly evictions... October, November, and December thus far. We've missed January since we moved earlier this month and need a break. We will however begin doing them towards the end of January/beginning of March.

So you're the new Bitten?

By removing these corps you are still harming your cause even more. Less farmers means less capitals to gank.

Oh great, another empty c5/c6, go you!
Nikki Vix
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#67 - 2014-01-30 16:37:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nikki Vix
Rall Mekin wrote:
M Thomas wrote:
Rall Mekin wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHa

you are always good for a laugh, are you the wormhole poilice? maybe someone should give you dudes the boot ?

PS: chitsa, you guys are sleeping on the job, get on this :)
James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#68 - 2014-01-30 16:39:30 UTC
Caius Beriat wrote:
The question is, will the CSM be able to get them to fix this?

Ugh

That depends on whether or not there's an overwhelming consensus about it. Honestly, I'm not wholly convinced that it needs to go. It provides a very new mechanic and we're not sure how much that will be used or to whose advantage. Clearly there's a strong negative trend about it so far, but I don't want to just reject any new content because it's new and it's not exactly what we asked for.

Derath Ellecon wrote:
Atlantis Fuanan wrote:
Didn't Chitsa has written some pages ago that this was redirected to CCP?

Yes and that is great that it got noticed by someone on the CSM. It also takes almost no time to fill out an in game bug report and I would recommend everyone doing that as well.

Yeah I mentioned it in the Superfriends chat yesterday as well. :D

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#69 - 2014-01-30 16:41:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Rall Mekin
James Arget wrote:
Caius Beriat wrote:

Ugh

That depends on whether or not there's an overwhelming consensus about it. Honestly, I'm not wholly convinced that it needs to go. It provides a very new mechanic and we're not sure how much that will be used or to whose advantage. Clearly there's a strong negative trend about it so far, but I don't want to just reject any new content because it's new and it's not exactly what we asked for.

Derath Ellecon wrote:
Atlantis Fuanan wrote:

Yes and that is great that it got noticed by someone on the CSM. It also takes almost no time to fill out an in game bug report and I would recommend everyone doing that as well.

So, you are saying, as our representative of the wormhole community, you support warnings IN LOCAL to let people bear in safety?

Good luck on the next election cycle. I honestly expected better out of SSC...
Dmitry Wizard
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#70 - 2014-01-30 16:46:32 UTC
the thing defiles everything we love about wormhole pvp. this makes our pvp even harder to get than it already is. Local isnt a thing I dot ant it to be a thing... The CSM should be rallying to make our space better not worse. If we allow this thing to saty we might as well embrace and allow all the other stupid deployables to be made

wormhole stbillizer

wormhole jump bridge

wormhole cyno

wormhole local activator.

ALL of it

"Wormhole corps are like a bunch of homeschooled kids"

James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#71 - 2014-01-30 16:48:00 UTC
Rall Mekin wrote:
James Arget wrote:
Caius Beriat wrote:

Ugh

Derath Ellecon wrote:
Atlantis Fuanan wrote:

So, you are saying, as our representative of the wormhole community, you support warnings IN LOCAL to let people bear in safety?

Good luck on the next election cycle. I honestly expected better out of SSC...

I support :emergentgameplay:, and I don't want to immediately reject whatever new content isn't purpose built for us.

Right now I'm most likely going to advise CCP to add the same anchor distance limitation as exists for stations. Other options would be to disallow anchoring in wspace entirely, or to turn off the local broadcasting, but I like the fact that I can drop one at the star and anyone dumb enough to warp to it has just announced themselves in local.

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#72 - 2014-01-30 16:49:01 UTC
James Arget wrote:
Caius Beriat wrote:

Ugh

You better be kidding me with that.

Read me:

Wormholes
and instant-local
doesn't mix

So please treat it like the mistake it is, and don't pretend this could be anywhere near acceptable.
Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#73 - 2014-01-30 16:50:11 UTC
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
the thing defiles everything we love about wormhole pvp. this makes our pvp even harder to get than it already is. Local isnt a thing I dot ant it to be a thing... The CSM should be rallying to make our space better not worse. If we allow this thing to saty we might as well embrace and allow all the other stupid deployables to be made

wormhole stbillizer

wormhole jump bridge

wormhole cyno

wormhole local activator.

ALL of it

I support Dmitry Wizard for the next CSM.
Dmitry Wizard
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#74 - 2014-01-30 16:53:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Dmitry Wizard
Ill be running for CSM. This thing is herecy being allowed on holes.,. Its a kspace thing keep it there or let me take sov in wormholes and give me local so i can quit the game entirely

Dixxon Harass
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2014-01-30 16:58:58 UTC
Stop making things worse. Start making things better.

Focus on:

POS OVERHAUL!

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2014-01-30 17:00:51 UTC
just dont allow it to be anchored some distance from WH, problem solved
Dmitry Wizard
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#77 - 2014-01-30 17:05:41 UTC
Axloth Okiah wrote:

The standard 3000 km and i will be a happy Wormholer

Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#78 - 2014-01-30 17:12:23 UTC
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
Axloth Okiah wrote:

Agree
Tasiv Deka
Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.
Kybernauts Clade
#79 - 2014-01-30 17:16:52 UTC
Wasn't it supposed to only be anchorable in null sec... i mean i could be mistaken in thinking this but shouldn't null sec and wormhole space be two different boxes when it comes to "allowable in" seems to me that its ccp just being sloppy on coding... so someone please tell me you've posted about it in the issues forum (cant remember its full name) and if CCP says "nah we like it this way" well then i say we do something about it

Oh, Do go on... no seriously ive got nothing better to do then listen to all the petty arguments and feeble trolling attempts... 

The sad thing is i'm not sure if i'm telling the truth.

calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#80 - 2014-01-30 17:21:32 UTC
Rall Mekin wrote:
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
Axloth Okiah wrote:

Agree

agree aswell