These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Change Field Command Ship models to Tier II Battlecruiser models.

Author
Julia Connor
P R O M E T H E U S
#21 - 2011-11-21 20:47:20 UTC
Ermm... good idea but can I haz the sleip the way it is.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2011-11-22 10:24:07 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
How about this:

Command ships remain as they are.

Instead we change tier2 battlecruisers so that they aren't OP anymore:

- harbinger gets one turret, one one hi-slot and one low-slot removed; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly; dronebay is now 25m3
- drake loses one launcher, one hi-slot and one medium slot; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly; shield resistance bonus is swapped for something more appropriate
- myrmydon loses one low-slot; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly
- hurricane loses one high- and one low-slot; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly; dronebay is now 15m3

Since when are they overpowered?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#23 - 2011-11-22 11:09:40 UTC
Andski wrote:

Since the introduction.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2011-11-22 14:29:48 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Andski wrote:

Since the introduction.

You're pretty dumb

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Aineko Macx
#25 - 2011-11-23 07:36:00 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
How about this:
Instead we change tier2 battlecruisers so that they aren't OP anymore

I'm not sure about the exact proposed nerfs, but I tend to agree that the Drake and to a lesser extent the Cane are overpowered.
If you do this for balancing, you also have to nerf command T3's.
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#26 - 2011-11-23 10:23:35 UTC
Nighthawk should always be the ferox hull, see enough drakes as it is Roll
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#27 - 2011-11-23 13:22:43 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
How about this:

Instead we change tier2 battlecruisers so that they aren't OP anymore:

- harbinger gets one turret, one one hi-slot and one low-slot removed; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly; dronebay is now 25m3
- drake loses one launcher, one hi-slot and one medium slot; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly; shield resistance bonus is swapped for something more appropriate
- myrmydon loses one low-slot; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly
- hurricane loses one high- and one low-slot; CPU and grid are reduced accordingly; dronebay is now 15m3

I think that these nerfs are a little bit too steep. I'd much rather the tier 2 BC be treated as the benchmark that the entire class strive for. This would mean an increase to tier 1 BC performance with a possible increase to production cost to keep things balanced. I also believe that Field Commands should be re-evaluated and slightly improved as the introduction of tier 2 bcs and tech 3 cruisers has more or less removed any advantage these ships once had. At the very least Field and Fleet Command ships should be given the hp buff that was applied to BC hulls back in 2006ish, for some reason this hp buff was missed on the t2 ships.

As for changing the field command ships models to tier 2 bcs... Why is it needed?
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#28 - 2011-11-23 18:16:11 UTC
Whilst I am pleased the thread is getting some attention, this is about simply changing the models of Field Command Ships to Tier II Bruiser models.

By all means start a thread about Bruiser balancing if you think they need it.
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#29 - 2011-11-23 18:18:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Saul Dhampir
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:

As for changing the field command ships models to tier 2 bcs... Why is it needed?

There is no need at all.

However I think they would look very good and it would create a very clear distinction between the Field and Fleet variants.
Takara Mora
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-11-24 16:29:08 UTC
Saul Dhampir wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:

There is no need at all.

However I think they would look very good and it would create a very clear distinction between the Field and Fleet variants.

Heck Yeah!

I'd fly a T2 Myrm just for the looks ... the T2 (and T1) Brutix hull is simply ugly ... will never use it ... please do this!!

Anshio Tamark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2011-11-24 17:04:28 UTC
I'm strangely fine with that idea. I've been thinking of getting a Nighthawk myself, but I don't like the Ferox's hull. On the other hand, neither me nor my CEO like the Hurricane's design, so there would probably come a Sleipnir up for sale somewhere.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#32 - 2011-11-24 20:59:18 UTC
Supported on condition that the Myrmidon hull becomes the Eos and not the Astarte.
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#33 - 2011-11-25 17:56:09 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Supported on condition that the Myrmidon hull becomes the Eos and not the Astarte.

Hmm, well, if that was to happen you would have to be making the Fleet Command ships adopt the Tier II hulls as opposed to the Field Command ships. Thus you would have:

Amarr: Damnation - Harbinger hull (A black Habi)
Minmater: Claymore - Hurricane hull (Pale camo with blue lighting)
Gallente: Eos - Myrmidon hull (Dark green and grey Myrm)
Caldari: Vulture - Drake hull ('Tehno Camo')

Amarr: Absolution - Prophecy hull (As normal)
Minmater: Sleipnir - Cyclone hull (As normal)
Gallente: Astarte - Brutix hull (As normal)
Caldari: Nighthawk - Ferox hull (As normal)

I would not be opposed to this either. I'm just biased as I tend to fly Field Command ships.

Hmm now to decide it I should photoshop those up as well...
Tsubutai
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2011-11-25 18:21:52 UTC
Would be neat, but should be done as part of a broader rebalancing of CS as a whole.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#35 - 2011-11-26 05:57:40 UTC
Saul Dhampir wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

Hmm, well, if that was to happen you would have to be making the Fleet Command ships adopt the Tier II hulls as opposed to the Field Command ships.

No, no, no... Smile

The others are fine. But the Eos is a drone boat... the Astarte is a blaster platform. It makes more sense that the Myrm hull becomes a more specialized done ship than a pure gunboat.
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#36 - 2011-11-26 11:22:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Saul Dhampir
ShahFluffers wrote:

The others are fine. But the Eos is a drone boat... the Astarte is a blaster platform. It makes more sense that the Myrm hull becomes a more specialized done ship than a pure gunboat.

Mate, this has already come up in the thread and been covered.

Nowhere is it written that T2/Fraction ships have to follow the format of there T1 hull counterpart:

Ferox - Gunship
Nighthawk - Missileboat

Prophecy - Gunship
Damnation - Missleboat

Scorpion - EW Platform
Navy Issue Scorpion - Missileboat
Rattlesnake - Missile/Drone boat

Just because a Myrm is a drone boat it does not mean that any ship that used the same model has to follow suit.
Previous page12