These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video Project] One Man Crew - Collective Solo PvP

First post First post First post
Author
Franky Saken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#141 - 2014-01-16 13:13:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Franky Saken
If people need help with setting up OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for recording you can send me an ingame mail. It's free and it records pretty well.

Also I can't read: when is the deadline?
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#142 - 2014-01-16 13:13:52 UTC
Franky Saken wrote:
If people need help with setting up OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for recording you can send me an ingame mail. I'ts free and it records pretty well.

Awesome.

Thanks mate.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Za'afiel
Imperceptible Bedevilment
#143 - 2014-01-16 18:17:54 UTC
Franky Saken wrote:
If people need help with setting up OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for recording you can send me an ingame mail. It's free and it records pretty well.

20th of February

Shoot them all! Be polite.

Hanshiro Arashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#144 - 2014-01-19 03:08:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hanshiro Arashi
This is a great idea! Eve online has the best online community I've ever participated with. I'm fairly new and learning the game still and watched this game and it's environment shift and change constantly. Vibrant is an understatement. Thanks for putting this event together and sharing it with everyone.

I haven't started Pvp as of yet but I've been right on the edgeShocked. This event of sorts has really catapulted my ambitions to try and Pvp and get a kill if I'm lucky. I have been killed once or twice already, but not in intentional Pvp situations lol just noob relatedCool. So once again I express sincere my gratitude for this event and eve as a whole.

-Flysafe \o/
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#145 - 2014-01-19 11:54:30 UTC
Hanshiro Arashi wrote:
This is a great idea! Eve online has the best online community I've ever participated with. I'm fairly new and learning the game still and watched this game and it's environment shift and change constantly. Vibrant is an understatement. Thanks for putting this event together and sharing it with everyone.

I haven't started Pvp as of yet but I've been right on the edgeShocked. This event of sorts has really catapulted my ambitions to try and Pvp and get a kill if I'm lucky. I have been killed once or twice already, but not in intentional Pvp situations lol just noob relatedCool. So once again I express sincere my gratitude for this event and eve as a whole.

-Flysafe \o/

Go for it! Shoot stuff and laugh in the process.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Hanshiro Arashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#146 - 2014-01-19 12:09:25 UTC
Aldap wrote:
Just released a new video explaining the updated prize pool.
Includes two kickass fights as well, by Logan Durandal and Syss7 :-)

I'm addicted to your vids! I like the walls of text and the incredible ingenuity you share with us noobs! Just found your youtube channel recently. Cool Keep'em coming!
Ghost 096
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#147 - 2014-01-20 22:31:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghost 096
random question. if you have a good fight where you get close to killing things but they warp off and then at the end you dont lose your ship but neither do they you just survived does that count? or if your trying to fend off targets but at the end you end up getting caught and losing lol just asking questions that came to mind
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#148 - 2014-01-20 22:42:14 UTC
Ghost 096 wrote:
random question. if you have a good fight where you get close to killing things but they warp off and then at the end you dont lose your ship but neither do they you just survived does that count? or if your trying to fend off targets but at the end you end up getting caught and losing lol just asking questions that came to mind

It counts. Just make sure to still include your fit.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#149 - 2014-01-21 11:28:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Daneel Trevize
It certainly counts. I may be biased, but the first example that springs to mind is from 8mins into Logan's recent Used and Abused vid, an AB Sac vs drake, falcon, 2 basis, thorax, hookbill, cynabal. 2minutes of accelerated footage, intense struggling and eventual break-out & escape, for no kills.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#150 - 2014-01-21 11:49:57 UTC
Daneel Trevize wrote:
It certainly counts. I may be biased, but the first example that springs to mind is from 8mins into Logan's recent Used and Abused vid, an AB Sac vs drake, falcon, 2 basis, thorax, hookbill, cynabal. 2minutes of accelerated footage, intense struggling and eventual break-out & escape, for no kills.

Well, there is my Thorax vs Wolf and SFI fight as well. I didn't kill anything, I was only close on killing the wolf, but it was still one of the best fights I have had.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Subsparx
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#151 - 2014-01-24 20:08:06 UTC
Love this concept. I've watched a lot of solo PVP videos for EVE in the past, even dabbled it in myself a couple times, and I have high hopes for this. We featured it over on http://factionwarfare.com/one-man-crew/.

CEO of Crimson Serpent Syndicate - www.crimsonserpent.com

Chairman of Heiian Conglomerate - www.heiian.com

Owner of FWC - www.factionwarfare.com

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#152 - 2014-01-24 20:11:43 UTC
Subsparx wrote:
Love this concept. I've watched a lot of solo PVP videos for EVE in the past, even dabbled it in myself a couple times, and I have high hopes for this. We featured it over on http://factionwarfare.com/one-man-crew/.

Awesome thanks mate.

Make sure to inform Gallente militia ppl about the parallel GalFed award that is running: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=308747&find=unread

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Subsparx
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#153 - 2014-01-24 20:32:02 UTC
Wow, impressive. I will go ahead and add that to the post. Thank you Mizhir.

CEO of Crimson Serpent Syndicate - www.crimsonserpent.com

Chairman of Heiian Conglomerate - www.heiian.com

Owner of FWC - www.factionwarfare.com

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#154 - 2014-01-25 18:11:33 UTC
OK, I had finally time to lose my last cruiser. Made 4 videos and already discounted 2 for the project. (One had ****** quality, the second is me accidentally executing myself, which may be funny, but sure as hell isn't a fight.)

Now I have a video where I lose my Maller because a) I forgot to switch on my rep until far too late and b) my T2-fit Maller sucked out his energy reserves far faster then I accounted for.

Then I have a video where I fight a trio of frigates using an Vampire-Arbitrator and get owned hard. It's the best video, but since I fight frigates instead of cruisers I'm not sure it's OK to send in this video. Or is the no-frigates-, no-destroyers-rule only for the ships we use ourselves?

By the way: Is it bad if I send in my video in a .mkv-format? My original .avi-files are all in crisp, sharp quality but also ludicruosly large.

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#155 - 2014-01-25 18:16:37 UTC
The ship restriction is only your own ship. So it doesn't matter what kind of ships you fight.

I had some problems with .mkv files for sony vegas. Is it possible for you to compress it to a Mp4 file instead? Check the tutorial that is linked in the first post of this thread.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#156 - 2014-01-25 18:26:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Owen Levanth
Mizhir wrote:
The ship restriction is only your own ship. So it doesn't matter what kind of ships you fight.

I had some problems with .mkv files for sony vegas. Is it possible for you to compress it to a Mp4 file instead? Check the tutorial that is linked in the first post of this thread.

I looked into my rendering software and yes, I can compress it to mp4 instead. Already starting on it right now.

Edit:

OK, my entry is finished and ready to go. New problem: I'm supposed to upload the video to Eve-files.com, right? Well, I wanted to register, but apparently the registration is temporarily disabled. So what am I supposed to do now? Waiting and hoping it works before the contest is over?

Edit2:

I did a look around at Eve-files and apparently I can upload stuff without needing an account. But: Uploading is also disabled. What the hell?
Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#157 - 2014-01-27 19:51:42 UTC
Eve-files had a drive corruption issue, we're in communication with them and considering our options, w.r.t. alternative hosts & the extra time it may take people to account for this complication.
No doubt Miz will update this thread as things progress. Smile
Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#158 - 2014-01-29 22:06:35 UTC
Due to problems with EVE-files we have extended the submission deadline with 1 week.
It is now February 27th.
We will announce when the upload function is up again. If you already got your submission ready you are welcome to send the mail with the details now and then the video later.

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

Tabs27
Eclipse Strike Unit
#159 - 2014-02-08 13:06:41 UTC
I approve of this contest!
Holden Salinger
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2014-02-09 15:31:41 UTC
Awesome contest, can't wait to see the final video!