These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Congratulations to [ISH] Ishukone Corpor

Author
Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#21 - 2014-01-29 20:34:54 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
And here I thought you tended to forward thinking, Lady Vitalia. It seems-- wasteful, perhaps? --to continue to bellyache over Ishukone Okusaika's past lack of apparent interest in repairing the Malkalen station, when we now see that very same station repaired, and when there were valid reasons to not invest the funds.

As for lauding the effort-- well, of course we laud a deed done. Is a thing done not worth lauding?

I have the distinct feeling there will be few circumstances in which you will find fault with anything Ishukone does, yes?

That sort of logic shown in your statement tends to try and shoo people away from examining a larger context.

Much like saying "This person was wrongly imprisoned for 5 decades; but he's been released now, so there is no problem and there has never been a problem"

In any case congratulations on what I'm sure is a very shiny and fresh structure.

I imagine one can barely still smell any charred human remains, so there's that at least.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#22 - 2014-01-29 20:53:36 UTC
When there's fault to find, then I will agree that there is fault. In this case, Lady Vitalia, it's as if you're searching for fault to find. What fault is there on the part of a victim of an attack? What fault is there in not going insolvent undertaking repairs? Is it Ishukone Okusaika's fault that the Wandering Saint rammed the station? If so, I really must see the dress the station was wearing that night.

No, no. I think you're reaching. Come now. Try harder, if you're going to try to mock us on a good day.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#23 - 2014-01-29 21:05:38 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
When there's fault to find, then I will agree that there is fault. In this case, Lady Vitalia, it's as if you're searching for fault to find. What fault is there on the part of a victim of an attack? What fault is there in not going insolvent undertaking repairs? Is it Ishukone Okusaika's fault that the Wandering Saint rammed the station? If so, I really must see the dress the station was wearing that night.

No, no. I think you're reaching. Come now. Try harder, if you're going to try to mock us on a good day.

Mocking is not my intent, believe it or not. I occasionally am interested in soft-balls and praise aimed at the powers-that-be, however.

I'm reminded of a slightly similar situation in the Empire when they went for years and years without a new Emperor. Attempts at an honest criticism were always deemed inappropriate, and that the Theology Council would of course deal with the situation "when the time was right."

That took years and years and years of no action, and then of course resounding praise for the New Empress.

You are an Empyrean and you carry some weight where your gaze is fixed. Sometimes that gaze serves more when it holds the powers-that-be to the fire a bit for inaction.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#24 - 2014-01-29 21:19:27 UTC
Alright. Now that's a fair and reasonable critique, and I thank you for it.

Still, the only solution that I as a capsuleer could propose is this: that capsuleer funds and resources be employed to repair the station, to allow for its restoration with no damage done to the budget and cashflow of Ishukone Okusaika. As I personally had allowed my license to lapse for several years, and the Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive had its eye on expanding its asset base in the Syndicate area of operations, this was in fact not an option that we were able to propose directly.

Indeed, it may not have been in Ishukone Okusaika's interest to solicit investment and assistance from capsuleers in this venture. While capsuleer assistance has been solicited before, and was also in the immediate repairs to the station, the final repairs may have been something that management decided must be handled by the okusaika itself to ensure no further fallout for the brand and the name.

Ultimately, though, it's neither here nor there. The station is repaired. Ishukone Okusaika's prospects brighten. We have renewed pledges to follow the path set by Gariushi-haan. Whatever came before, today is a good day.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Korsavius
Revenent Defence Corperation
#25 - 2014-01-30 00:25:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Korsavius
It is about time they started the process of repairing the damn thing. I never liked participating in occasions that were hosted on the station when it was still in complete disrepair... too many bad memories.

Cold Wind's Blade || Follow the I-RED Newsfeed & visit the I-RED GalNet site!

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-01-30 02:39:12 UTC
Congratulations to Ishukone and all it's employees. May the memory of the deceased never be forgotten and may Ishukone continue to be an example for all Caldari to follow.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Erys Charantes
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-01-31 02:44:47 UTC
A day of days, to be sure! What is lost cannot be regained, but by moving forward, more will be found that helps us heal. It does my heart good to see this.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#28 - 2014-01-31 04:08:21 UTC
As far as I've understood, the repairs have only started, and are not complete yet.
Still, good thing that Ishukone is now ready to repair their HQ.
Saya Ishikari
Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#29 - 2014-01-31 05:06:14 UTC
Che Biko wrote:
As far as I've understood, the repairs have only started, and are not complete yet.
Still, good thing that Ishukone is now ready to repair their HQ.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

Previous page12