These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Congratulations to [ISH] Ishukone Corpor

Author
Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#1 - 2014-01-29 01:47:34 UTC
I thought it appropriate to congratulate Ishukone on their recent reconstruction efforts in Malkalen. I just came back from inspecting the work, and the tireless efforts of your employees has resulted in amazing progress. You remain an example for the State and for the Cluster at large. Congratulations, and best wishes for another successful quarter!
Saya Ishikari
Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute
#2 - 2014-01-29 01:56:53 UTC
My best wishes for their success in this endeavor. Perhaps, in healing the physical wound, they may find some peace of mind in the emotional scars left behind. Moitte, and may your Ancestors watch over you.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
#3 - 2014-01-29 02:07:49 UTC
I was there at the announcement speech in person, and I have rarely seen such an emotional showing by the crowd. It was a very moving experience for all of us. One of the proudest moments of my life.

Katrina Oniseki

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#4 - 2014-01-29 02:08:26 UTC
A toast!

Speaking of Ishukone's engineering successes, would now be a good time to inquire about trans-cranial micro... doodads? I've a special need for some possessing improved tensile and thermal transfer characteristics, with field response sensitivity suitable, perhaps, for electron halo twinning? That's right, sweetie, cube the root and carry... where was I? Telepathy? Yes? Maybe?
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#5 - 2014-01-29 08:54:36 UTC
And it took them 6 years to get this idea executed, followed by 24 hours to complete it (meaning it obviously wasn't a big deal)?

Now that's some really absurd bureaucracy. Don't get me wrong, congratulations on repairing the station and all... but you still made yourself look rather incompetent, Ishukone.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-01-29 09:05:33 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
And it took them 6 years to get this idea executed, followed by 24 hours to complete it (meaning it obviously wasn't a big deal)?

Now that's some really absurd bureaucracy. Don't get me wrong, congratulations on repairing the station and all... but you still made yourself look rather incompetent, Ishukone.

I fail to see the incompetence here. In fact it's rather efficient, spending the time necessary even if it took five years through effective planning, simulation, and calculation that the final repair only take one day because of the care and due diligence put into the effort beforehand.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Aelisha
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#7 - 2014-01-29 10:11:04 UTC
I have only had time to make a fly-by of the station, but it seems that Ishukone have outdone themselves. Congratulations, and all the best in your continuing regeneration of this iconic station.

CEO of the Achura-Waschi Exchange

Intaki Reborn

Independent Capsuleer

Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-01-29 11:54:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
We heal, we move on, we grow. If we are wise, we never forget... but the time comes when scars fade and the rubble is clear, and we can turn our thoughts to the future.

Today is a good day to be Ishukone.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#9 - 2014-01-29 12:09:56 UTC
It's good to see any of the okusaiken making such strides forward. Ishukone's new focus and direction returns to full volume a voice that was recently too muted in State politics.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Desiderya
Blue Canary
Watch This
#10 - 2014-01-29 12:40:12 UTC
Finally, a focus on things at home can't be a bad thing.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Alizabeth Vea
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-01-29 12:49:58 UTC
I was happy to read of the repairs. May the dead rest in peace.

Retainer of Lady Newelle and House Sarum.

"Those who step into the light shall be redeemed, the sins of their past cleansed, so that they may know salvation." -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#12 - 2014-01-29 18:29:06 UTC
And we move forward, always.

As for the repairs, it is indeed impressive that they were accomplished so quickly. I can only assume that Ishukone Okusaika felt that until now it didn't have the room in its budget to execute repairs without putting undue strain on cash flow; a reasonable and reasonably cautious approach, considering that a corporation rightly has an interest in solvency.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#13 - 2014-01-29 19:14:35 UTC
Interesting, the number of people who think that the repairs were held off on an economic basis or a practical basis. Surely, if they could be encompassed in roughly 24-hours, this was a question of ideology, of cleaning the monument part of Malkalen station aside as part of Ishukone's new direction?

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Makoto Priano
#14 - 2014-01-29 19:26:38 UTC
Tuulinen-haan, modularized station construction makes this as much an issue of stockpiled components as labor. The article both mentions that the station remained in 'a severe state of disrepair due to the corporation's precarious financial situation' and that the station remained a 'scarred tribute to the resolve and determination of every Ishukone employee.'

Really, then, we're both right, and both lack an important part of the picture.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#15 - 2014-01-29 19:37:52 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Tuulinen-haan, modularized station construction makes this as much an issue of stockpiled components as labor. The article both mentions that the station remained in 'a severe state of disrepair due to the corporation's precarious financial situation' and that the station remained a 'scarred tribute to the resolve and determination of every Ishukone employee.'

Really, then, we're both right, and both lack an important part of the picture.

*chuckles* A collective effort then, Priano-haani?

Makoto Priano
#16 - 2014-01-29 19:39:51 UTC
Collaborating for the greater good, eh?

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-01-29 19:47:03 UTC
A master-class in spin-doctoring from Ishukone and the lot of you.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Makoto Priano
#18 - 2014-01-29 19:55:14 UTC
Hm! Curious, Lady Vitalia. That seems to imply that what we're saying is untrue. Is it not true that Ishukone Okusaika has finally affected repairs at its Malkalen headquarters? Or that it is more fiscally sound than before? Or that it was considered a monument to the many thousands who died at the Gallente-Caldari economic summit?

Come now. I'd expect barbs from you, but I know you can do better than that.

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-01-29 20:01:09 UTC
"Spin" in this connotation means directing commentary towards certain things and away from other things.

It's sort of like when an Imperial Emperor does something moderately beneficial and is lauded as the greatest thing since sliced-bakery goods, and the populace has a collective amnesia about gaping problem "x".

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Makoto Priano
#20 - 2014-01-29 20:24:14 UTC
And here I thought you tended to forward thinking, Lady Vitalia. It seems-- wasteful, perhaps? --to continue to bellyache over Ishukone Okusaika's past lack of apparent interest in repairing the Malkalen station, when we now see that very same station repaired, and when there were valid reasons to not invest the funds.

As for lauding the effort-- well, of course we laud a deed done. Is a thing done not worth lauding?

12Next page