These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suspenders for EVE

First post
Author
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#41 - 2014-01-29 16:06:58 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Mizhir wrote:
They should also add stockings for us ladies. Sometimes it gets a little bit cold for our legs.

Credit for that image goes to Commissar Kate

Yes, stockings please.

Oh and those suspenders are cool too.

*sighs* can somebody tell me why men like stockings so much? I really hate them...

That being said... if people like them, I'll think of something... given a proper explanation what they trigger inside your minds. That would help me understand it. ^^

coz they cover hairy legs.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#42 - 2014-01-29 16:07:14 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Contrast. Deliberate artistic contrast that draws the eye and attention.
You're not telling me what it draws attention to. The stockings? Flesh not curtained by stockings? Makes no sense.

And the braces... I hate that stuff too. I mean those that hold stockings. I don't get that either.

EXPLAIN IT LIKE I'M FIVE! Or... maybe 16. *cough*

Yes. The flesh. A visual (and textural) contrast between smooth warm flesh and the fabric. Drawing attention to the shape of the legs, emphasizing them. And yes, the suspender belts do frame the crotch and focus attention there, too. or the bum, taken from the opposite angle. Plus the little bit about things partially-concealed being more enticing than things fully revealed.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#43 - 2014-01-29 16:20:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
silens vesica wrote:
the little bit about things partially-concealed being more enticing than things fully revealed.
Scantily clad > nekkid, leaves more to the imagination and because the reality sometimes sucks. Pushup Sheepdog Bras on the other hand should be banned, it's false advertising.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-01-29 16:22:16 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Contrast. Deliberate artistic contrast that draws the eye and attention.
You're not telling me what it draws attention to. The stockings? Flesh not curtained by stockings? Makes no sense.

And the braces... I hate that stuff too. I mean those that hold stockings. I don't get that either.

EXPLAIN IT LIKE I'M FIVE! Or... maybe 16. *cough*

Yes. The flesh. A visual (and textural) contrast between smooth warm flesh and the fabric. Drawing attention to the shape of the legs, emphasizing them. And yes, the suspender belts do frame the crotch and focus attention there, too. or the bum, taken from the opposite angle. Plus the little bit about things partially-concealed being more enticing than things fully revealed.
I think it's ugly as **** and people have a perverted sense for erotic. .... but that's just me. ^^

I'll never get to finish anything. *sighs*

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Rand Haginen
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#45 - 2014-01-29 16:24:27 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Came expecting scantily clad ladies wearing suspenders, ended up looking at Freddie Mercury in braces What?

Relevant

It seems I accidentally created a bit of traffic. Sorry m8 Big smile

[URL=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=316640&find=unread]Suspenders for EVE[/URL]

Rand Haginen
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#46 - 2014-01-29 16:26:00 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
One of the best male avatars I've ever seen.

ROFL

[URL=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=316640&find=unread]Suspenders for EVE[/URL]

Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#47 - 2014-01-29 18:23:20 UTC
Rand Haginen wrote:
I'm always worried when on station to loose my pants. Therefore EVE needs suspenders. Apart from obvious practical reasons they look pretty cool.

Strangely enough they do look pretty fetching. +1

(And the hats! When, oh when? I still want that small white top hat.)

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Arduemont
The State of War.
#48 - 2014-01-29 19:28:27 UTC
I wouldn't wear them, but they look awesome never the less. Make it so.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Ryack Adaria
The Congregation
Same Great Taste
#49 - 2014-01-29 22:17:37 UTC
Well done Rand. After hearing you rant about this idea in comms for the past week, your dream is realized.

+1

Waiting on CCP to reply to this post and make it a reality.

Cheers mate.
Kat Ayclism
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#50 - 2014-01-29 22:48:06 UTC
Eve needs fedoras and patchy facial (read: neck) hair options as well.
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#51 - 2014-01-29 22:59:03 UTC
Suspenders and brown coats.
And revolver handguns.

And a Minmatar industrial class should be renamed.

I'd make a good dozen male avatars. I might even open the NeX store!!
Billy McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#52 - 2014-01-29 23:07:54 UTC
Alphea Abbra wrote:
Suspenders and brown coats.
And revolver handguns.

And a Minmatar industrial class should be renamed.

I'd make a good dozen male avatars. I might even open the NeX store!!

i lieked blackes sevn two

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2014-01-29 23:12:26 UTC
Its bowties that are cool.

... and Fezzes
Erien Rand
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#54 - 2014-01-29 23:20:55 UTC
Well done, now you can stay at theY....M...C...A...!!!!
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#55 - 2014-01-29 23:41:11 UTC
Good tailors are hard to come by, especially on the more remote stations. As such these 'suspenders' could be really handy, now and again.
I mean, do you have any idea what running away from an angry forum mob does to your waistline? Exactly.....Shocked

Therefore, to have any chance this actually gets implemented in EvE, this thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Rand Haginen
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#56 - 2014-01-29 23:44:58 UTC
Ryack Adaria wrote:
Well done Rand. After hearing you rant about this idea in comms for the past week, your dream is realized.

+1

Waiting on CCP to reply to this post and make it a reality.

Cheers mate.

thanks mate.

Rand Haginen
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#57 - 2014-01-29 23:58:05 UTC
Erien Rand wrote:
Well done, now you can stay at theY....M...C...A...!!!!

If there are some Cowboys, Construction workers, etc. left we are rather open and recruiting.....just saying.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#58 - 2014-01-30 06:44:48 UTC
Kat Ayclism wrote:
Eve needs fedoras and patchy facial (read: neck) hair options as well.

Too many neckbeards in here already. P

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#59 - 2014-01-30 08:58:53 UTC
Rand Haginen wrote:
I'm always worried when on station to loose my pants. Therefore EVE needs suspenders. Apart from obvious practical reasons they look pretty cool.

You, sir, are the king of cool.

CCP! Hire this gentleman to create all the cool clothing that people want but don't need!

Excellent mock up :)

Rab See
Fool Mental Junket
#60 - 2014-01-30 09:58:49 UTC
Ugh - I clicked on that picture expecting .. well, you know, some fetching sussies and stockings. Something I appreciate a lot. Sadly 'braces' in the UK, not suspenders ... worn by old men holding up their non elasticated oversized trousers (pants for USA).