These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suspenders for EVE

First post
Author
Treborr MintingtonJr
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-01-29 12:36:58 UTC
What a hipster :-P just add some vans classic slip ons and a farmers cap as well
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#22 - 2014-01-29 12:58:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruskarn Andedare
Rand Haginen wrote:
I'm always worried when on station to loose my pants. Therefore EVE needs suspenders. Apart from obvious practical reasons they look pretty cool.

Looking good - nice one

(even if 'suspenders on pants' should read 'bracers on trousers' Big smile )
Jay Joringer
Enigma Project
#23 - 2014-01-29 13:14:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Rand Haginen wrote:
I'm always worried when on station to loose my pants.

I have this problem a lot. Thankfully, CCP haven't unlocked 'the door', so no one has noticed, but those would certainly go a long way to alleviate station anxiety.

Fixed actual quoting. ISD Ezwal.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-01-29 13:21:08 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
They should also add stockings for us ladies. Sometimes it gets a little bit cold for our legs.

Credit for that image goes to Commissar Kate

Although you look awesomely sexy in that outfit... *sighs* ... stockings... ewwwwww -.-

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#25 - 2014-01-29 13:22:29 UTC
Go nude saves the headaches... No bathrooms anyhow.. P

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

You have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you really are!”

Demica Diaz
SE-1
#26 - 2014-01-29 13:28:05 UTC
Hehe OP, your avatar looks like Freddie Mercury and thanks for good laugh. Lol
Tiberius StarGazer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-01-29 13:30:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiberius StarGazer
Blue Harrier wrote:
Now see this is where we have a situation of ‘Lost in Translation’, to a British person ‘Suspenders’ are things that hold up a woman’s stockings (Nylons to the USA) and not items that hold up trousers, (Pants to USA, Strides to Australia), and ‘Pants’ by the way are undergarments worn under trousers in the UK.

Shocked Confusing or what?

Yep pretty much clicked on this thinking the same thing and expecting pictures of ladies to perv over, not a freddie mercury lookalike.

(I joke, I couldn't help it.)

But oh noes... no one wants to play with avatars, so I doubt it will ever happen unless its made a special promo item.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-01-29 13:42:02 UTC
Tiberius StarGazer wrote:
Blue Harrier wrote:
Now see this is where we have a situation of ‘Lost in Translation’, to a British person ‘Suspenders’ are things that hold up a woman’s stockings (Nylons to the USA) and not items that hold up trousers, (Pants to USA, Strides to Australia), and ‘Pants’ by the way are undergarments worn under trousers in the UK.

Shocked Confusing or what?

Yep pretty much clicked on this thinking the same thing and expecting pictures of ladies to perv over, not a freddie mercury lookalike.

(I joke, I couldn't help it.)

But oh noes... no one wants to play with avatars, so I doubt it will ever happen unless its made a special promo item.

Except that many do.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#29 - 2014-01-29 14:10:09 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
They should also add stockings for us ladies. Sometimes it gets a little bit cold for our legs.

Yes, stockings please.

Oh and those suspenders are cool too.
Linna Baresi
#30 - 2014-01-29 14:46:52 UTC
Rand Haginen wrote:
I'm always worried when on station to loose my pants. Therefore EVE needs suspenders. Apart from obvious practical reasons they look pretty cool.

Seconded, but only if they simultaneously introduce tweed jackets, bow ties, and maybe a fez. P

Member of since 2003 fated.europefreeforum.com

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-01-29 15:08:37 UTC
Commissar Kate wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

Yes, stockings please.

*sighs* can somebody tell me why men like stockings so much? I really hate them...

That being said... if people like them, I'll think of something... given a proper explanation what they trigger inside your minds. That would help me understand it. ^^

Clementina
Coreli Corporation
#32 - 2014-01-29 15:16:18 UTC
The suspenders would have to be in the same list as any belts, to prevent people from picking both a belt and a set of suspenders.
Rand Haginen
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#33 - 2014-01-29 15:34:29 UTC
Clementina wrote:
The suspenders would have to be in the same list as any belts, to prevent people from picking both a belt and a set of suspenders.

lol. Why not. Could be an option for the extra daring pilot.

[URL=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=316640&find=unread]Suspenders for EVE[/URL]

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#34 - 2014-01-29 15:36:29 UTC
Only if we get regular glasses and some knee high socks to match.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#35 - 2014-01-29 15:49:36 UTC
Rand Haginen wrote:

Braces, mate. Braces.
Suspenders use a belt to hold up stockings (or more rarely, socks).
Garters do the same with an elastic cinch for stockings and shirt sleeves.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#36 - 2014-01-29 15:51:02 UTC
Came expecting scantily clad ladies wearing suspenders, ended up looking at Freddie Mercury in braces What?

Relevant

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Cauled Redan
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-01-29 15:56:17 UTC
Rand Haginen wrote:

You look like Freddie Mercury from Queen.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#38 - 2014-01-29 15:56:38 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

Yes, stockings please.

*sighs* can somebody tell me why men like stockings so much? I really hate them...

That being said... if people like them, I'll think of something... given a proper explanation what they trigger inside your minds. That would help me understand it. ^^
Contrast. Deliberate artistic contrast that draws the eye and attention.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Pix Severus
Empty You
#39 - 2014-01-29 16:01:38 UTC
One of the best male avatars I've ever seen.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-01-29 16:02:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelica Dreamstar
silens vesica wrote:
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

Yes, stockings please.

Contrast. Deliberate artistic contrast that draws the eye and attention.
You're not telling me what it draws attention to. The stockings? Flesh not curtained by stockings? Makes no sense.

And the braces... I hate that stuff too. I mean those that hold stockings. I don't get that either.

EXPLAIN IT LIKE I'M FIVE! Or... maybe 16. *cough*