These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: More Deployables from Super Friends

First post First post First post
Author
Uthgood Furfoot
Planetary Preservation Society
Kvitravn.
#2121 - 2014-01-29 01:57:11 UTC
This is my take on the ESS situation

there is one deployed here in null (non-sov) space where i currently reside (it was deployed by the friendly gang of pirates who live near the area (check my killboard for whom))

im out ratting since i really just wanted the LP trickle

i get paid the reduced bounties
i get corp taxed on the reduced bounties
i gain LP

i decieded to go collect the remainder of my share from their ESS

i collect the isk (hitting share and since im the only one ratting i get the rest of my bounty payout)
i get taxed on this amt as well
i gain LP

imho the entire second part of that is not even worth my effort to go get....
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#2122 - 2014-01-29 02:50:04 UTC
Vald Tegor wrote:
because the neut in local means no one undocks in the first place

Use corp cyno spy. Profit!
Marlin Kusoni
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2123 - 2014-01-29 09:57:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Marlin Kusoni
And the s*** hits live. Hopefully, will generate enough negative reaction for them to listen us more attentively when they decide to introduce another Extremely Stupid Structure or whatever.
Cyrek Ohaya
Blazing Sun Group
#2124 - 2014-01-29 11:44:11 UTC
People... it's only a 5% reduction in bounties to generally reduce the easy isk fire hose on null that CCP wanted to find a solution to, if you don't like it, DON'T use it!

In the event your personas big ego is inconvenienced by one of these, use an alt to share the profits of it, IT will pay EVERYONE involved no matter where they are, or logged off.

Yes the pvp risk has been raised and that is what null should be about, also no one is going to put their ship at risk for 10m-20m worth of bounties. Closing statements: The goondrone tears in this thread are delicious, understand that there a lot more players with no voice on this board that supports CCP's idea.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2125 - 2014-01-30 06:38:53 UTC
So I guess we've demonstrated that once a dev blog is made about a feature, no matter how bad it is and how much players argue that it's a really bad idea, it's going to show up anyway in some form or other and there's nothing that can be done about it.

CCP is too prideful to admit that sometimes its ideas are ******* ******** and should never make it into the game to begin with.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Rommiee
Mercury Inc.
#2126 - 2014-01-30 22:37:19 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
So I guess we've demonstrated that once a dev blog is made about a feature, no matter how bad it is and how much players argue that it's a really bad idea, it's going to show up anyway in some form or other and there's nothing that can be done about it.

CCP is too prideful to admit that sometimes its ideas are ******* ******** and should never make it into the game to begin with.

Perfectly correct, they have been doing it for years, but seem to be getting more God-like as time passes.
stoicfaux
#2127 - 2014-01-31 08:09:34 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Don't forget to blame the CSM for approving these ideas. Or blaming the CSM for not speaking out publicly about "bad" ideas.

/due_to_the_NDA_we'll_never_know_which_it_is

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

GeeBee
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#2128 - 2014-01-31 10:47:48 UTC  |  Edited by: GeeBee
stoicfaux wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Don't forget to blame the CSM for approving these ideas. Or blaming the CSM for not speaking out publicly about "bad" ideas.

/due_to_the_NDA_we'll_never_know_which_it_is

I'm assuming the ess is the reason the CSM minutes delay.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2129 - 2014-01-31 15:55:23 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Indeed.

The funniest part is the tumble-weed type silence from them, in this and the other thread.

They have never truly explained why this thing require a 5% nerf to begin with. If you don't wish to use it, then you don't gain a thing. If you do, then sure, let there be some risk. But to out right nerf income simply to introduce the thing, is quite frankly, ridiculous.

One thing I would like to know and do not see why it as information, wasn't divulged. Just how may siphons have been used since deployment? I cannot see why this info should be kept secret, unless the figures are pretty dire and pride is once again, running the show.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Falkor1984
The Love Dragons
#2130 - 2014-02-01 09:45:39 UTC
Mag's wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Indeed.

The funniest part is the tumble-weed type silence from them, in this and the other thread.

They have never truly explained why this thing require a 5% nerf to begin with. If you don't wish to use it, then you don't gain a thing. If you do, then sure, let there be some risk. But to out right nerf income simply to introduce the thing, is quite frankly, ridiculous.

One thing I would like to know and do not see why it as information, wasn't divulged. Just how may siphons have been used since deployment? I cannot see why this info should be kept secret, unless the figures are pretty dire and pride is once again, running the show.

They posted something like 200B+ siphoned off as if it was a huge amount of isk, but if you compare it to the amount of moongoo produced everyday its a laughable amount. Also the amount included the "hey lets try this" period. Now ppl hardly use the thing anymore. The same thing will happen to the ESS.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2131 - 2014-02-01 16:48:46 UTC
Falkor1984 wrote:
Mag's wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Indeed.

They posted something like 200B+ siphoned off as if it was a huge amount of isk, but if you compare it to the amount of moongoo produced everyday its a laughable amount. Also the amount included the "hey lets try this" period. Now ppl hardly use the thing anymore. The same thing will happen to the ESS.
I agree. When I saw the figures they actually gave out, I found it laughable for two reasons.

1. It was such a small amounts as you have said yourself, when looking at the whole picture.
2. Thinking that we'd marvel at such amounts, simply because they said the word billion and mentioned it could produce 20K or interceptors.

Oh please, give us some credit. Roll

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Muffet McStrudel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2132 - 2014-02-03 05:33:58 UTC
Tahnil wrote:
handige harrie wrote:
I like how people keep mentioning these mythical Defense Fleets of good fights. Please do go on, continue to make it known you have no idea how nullsec works.

To be honest, YOU (and others) seem not to understand, that CCP is trying to CHANGE the way how nullsec works. And actually they are even trying to improve it, for the welfare of the game.

And I support that.

Interestingly enough, why is it in a PVP game all about improving the realism and welfare of the game, CCP does not want to encourage players to have to gather their own intelligence? Isn't that a role that should be filled by a live pilot?

I'm not sure why they would want to hand this information to players on a silver platter when players are perfectly capable to travel into hostile space and take the risk of gathering it on their own.

Muffet McStrudel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2133 - 2014-02-03 05:48:59 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Loving the deployables overall and the newest addition in particular Lol

The ESS will rock some nullbear socks for sure (look at them squirming... oh noes, we might not be 100% safe ratting in null anymore).
For me it looks like the first small step towards enforcing to hold only the space you are willing/capable to defend.
We need more things like this, really.

D.

Bear

Gankers already have hotdrops, map intel (without even having to risk travel!) and invincible interceptors. I must have missed where they take any actual risks in shooting ratters?

Lord knows they actually do nothing but run when challenged.
Muffet McStrudel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2134 - 2014-02-03 05:58:13 UTC
thowlimer wrote:

As for those two statements an ESS will give increased payout/rat over time it is this time that is reset, ie if a 800k rat gives 200k payout just after deployment it will give(not sure but think it was in the ballpark of 5% more) after 2 hours which would come to 210k. so after being destroyed and redeployed it would be back down to 200k, but you could still retrieve the isk
earnt during those two hours as long as noone used the share/take all optione before destroying it

I would like to know how one will get two hours of uninterrupted ratting in a system when any fool can look at the in-game map and detect how many NPC rats were killed and where they were killed.

Heck, why don't they just give them the enemy ship types and automatic location while we're at it? I wouldn't want anyone PvPing, to actually have to use fleet tactics or actually do some PvP to gain this information. Especially in the infinite vastness of space, where apparently, it is impossible to eek out a quiet existence.
Muffet McStrudel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2135 - 2014-02-03 06:05:15 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

OMG... you'll have some risk to get the full reward... How will you ever cope????

I wouldn't know. I'm not a ganker of non-combatants. I usually find pvp a bit more challenging and entertaining when the target can shoot back.

I can't imagine its really that rewarding to hotdrop 16 people to gank one Dominix PVE setup.
JTK Fotheringham
Ducks in Outer Space
#2136 - 2014-02-03 11:00:44 UTC  |  Edited by: JTK Fotheringham
Can't be bothered trawling through 107 pages, but what's the deal here:

Quote:
A bit more on the batch sizes. We’re increasing the batch size for the smallest ones, so they all have a batch size of at least 100. We’re adjusting volume and blueprint material requirements accordingly so that the end result remains the same (i.e. each batch takes the same size as before and building requirements require the same amount of polymers proportionally).

I've been away for the last week, but note that the Hybrid Polymer reaction output has chanced (doubled or trebled) but the input quantities have stayed the same.

Working as intended? What?

Nevermind, worked it out. Smile
Rommiee
Mercury Inc.
#2137 - 2014-02-03 12:36:13 UTC
CCP --- How is the ESS thing working out then ?

Any stats on how many of these pieces of crap very useful deployable units have been used since the patch ?
Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#2138 - 2014-02-04 21:45:26 UTC
Well it appears that, quite predictability, CCP and all the "elite PvPers" were completely wrong about this piece of crap and everyone calling it broken garbage were right. Most nullsec entities are simply taking the unnecessary arbitrary 5% nerf and not using a ESS. Those few that are using a ESS have found several ways of doing so with very little risk either by sitting an alt right next to the ESS and hitting share the moment there's danger, putting the ESS in an anom with scrambling frigates, or even putting the ESS inside a low value DED complex.

Awesome conflict driver, CCP, mission accomplished. You absolutely did not add unnecessary layers of complexity to the game for zero purpose, nope, not at all.
Baron Deathicon
Outerspace Vanguard
#2139 - 2014-02-04 22:16:47 UTC
Making a post in an epic thread with over 100 pages now...

Seriously, the ESS should just be removed, and you owe us an apology. And don't forget to reimburse everyone that bought it. Pff!
Marwa
Air
The Initiative.
#2140 - 2014-02-05 14:14:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Marwa
i agree that ESS was not a thing that brought a new challenge or fun to the null sec. It is seen largely a nerf for nullsec ratters. So maybe we need different structures for different purposes. İ havent read all the responses here but i read some of them and there were some good ideas there like people gathering intel themselves. So why not a structure to gain intel for that system for example? Or something new that can bring some more fun and/or pvp activities. Decreasing the value of holding sov space in fact can decrease the will and enthusiasm of the people and why would they fight for a space that dont bring them some advantage? I personally would like some more different aspect for eve; some more jobs maybe. I am not too old in eve but even i can see and feel that, we need some real changes not some kind of nerfing some ship/space/module. People like me aim for something ingame and when they reach a point they can do what they like to do for a long time; they just see some nerfs. Some may think it is necessary but what is the point of building wall before a new player for his fun etc

edit: That is good now CCP started incursions in null. Thanks CCP. :)