These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WH question

Author
Smiley Smile
GSF Logistics and Posting Reserves
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2014-01-27 15:07:20 UTC
So my corp and I have lived in a C3 and were making good isk but could not defend it unfortunately. We then moved into a C1 an are happy. My only things is that you don't make enough isk in a C1 to really offset fuel cost. My question is, is moving into a C2 worth it or should I hold out and look for a C3 that will be easier to defend.
Random Woman
Very Professional Corporation
#2 - 2014-01-27 15:13:18 UTC
Maybe go straigt for a c4, no k-space exit means, you really have to **** ppl of in order to get thrown out. I think there are way more c4s than ppl that say: "man i always wanted to life in a c4", so the space is not that much contested as say a c3 with hs static is.

The down side are endless c4-c4 chains if you go for a c4 static, and the fact that you cant solo drake everything.
Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2014-01-27 15:19:02 UTC
Random Woman wrote:
Maybe go straigt for a c4, no k-space exit means, you really have to **** ppl of in order to get thrown out. I think there are way more c4s than ppl that say: "man i always wanted to life in a c4", so the space is not that much contested as say a c3 with hs static is.

The down side are endless c4-c4 chains if you go for a c4 static, and the fact that you cant solo drake everything.

Ive thought about this but our corp is still smaller and I dont think they are ready for a C4, they could barely handle the C3 neuts
Jessi Joringer
Cyclic Variation
#4 - 2014-01-27 15:38:38 UTC
You could try a C4 with static C3 so that you can fly sites in your static. When your corp grows you guys can start flying all the pretty C4 sites as well.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#5 - 2014-01-27 16:02:07 UTC
It sounds like you might be interested in a c2 or c4, with either a c3 or c1-static. Both c2 and c4 are best run out of a Caldari-ECM-POS, especially if you are new to the game (ecm is really easy to set up, and quick aswell)
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#6 - 2014-01-27 16:09:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
You could go with a C2 with a lowsec static (and the other static is a C2 as well?)

You won't have a direct HS exit so people are less likely to want what you have. Lowsec is a viable point to resupply from especially if you take stuff in/out with blockade runners. Plus you can run lowsec anoms.

If it is a C2 static you can run C2 sites from the static and roll into one that has a highsec exit if you need to bring in/out expensive junk. That is my final answer.

Edit: I Hate C1s. Closing holes is rediculous and the mass limitations make doing anything incredibly annoying. The only corp I can see benefitting from a C1 is an industrial corp.
Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2014-01-27 16:12:09 UTC
I was thinking a C2 with a HS and C1 static. Just finding them with "ok" PI and not 50+ moons is hard to do. As much as id love to get into a C4 I dont see my corp going for it. Even as head of the WH div not having a HS static is a big no go for the corp. I love the pvp and would enjoy the challenge but I dont think im going to be able to sell a C4 on them
Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-01-27 16:13:21 UTC
Noxisia Arkana wrote:
You could go with a C2 with a lowsec static (and the other static is a C2 as well?)

You won't have a direct HS exit so people are less likely to want what you have. Lowsec is a viable point to resupply from especially if you take stuff in/out with blockade runners. Plus you can run lowsec anoms.

If it is a C2 static you can run C2 sites from the static and roll into one that has a highsec exit if you need to bring in/out expensive junk. That is my final answer.

Edit: I Hate C1s. Closing holes is rediculous and the mass limitations make doing anything incredibly annoying. The only corp I can see benefitting from a C1 is an industrial corp.

i agree i hate the C1 and not a bad idea with a low sec static an another C2.
Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2014-01-27 16:14:18 UTC
Now the fun part. Finding the right WH at a good price or one thats empty.
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#10 - 2014-01-27 16:24:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
My personal opinion is that you need to find your own. Scanning isn't so bad.

Setting up a POS in a wormhole with a HS static is good if you like to fight other players or you don't mind being a HS highway. You'll get an enormous amount of traffic.

My guess would be you lost your last WH because it had a HS static. If you want to try to grow in peace find something with a ****ty effect and not the most desirable exits. Otherwise, just go jump back into a C3/HS and hope for the best.

edit: Aaand it sounds like your corp likes combat anoms. So, you'll have more happy campers if you have a static that you can keep rolling instead of waiting for your own sites to respawn.
Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#11 - 2014-01-27 16:31:56 UTC
C4 is not that hard. Just throw them there and theyll learn. 2 tengus , 4 domies/rattlesnakes or whatever with scimi just ploughs through C4 anoms. And in C4 you have all the time in the world for your anoms.
Octonetwork
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-01-27 16:49:35 UTC
Smiley Smile wrote:
So my corp and I have lived in a C3 and were making good isk but could not defend it unfortunately. We then moved into a C1 an are happy. My only things is that you don't make enough isk in a C1 to really offset fuel cost. My question is, is moving into a C2 worth it or should I hold out and look for a C3 that will be easier to defend.

You can look for a C2 C3 HS. You ll have an easy home to defend and a nice static to farm for isk.
Adoris Nolen
Sama Guild
#13 - 2014-01-27 17:38:57 UTC
way too much generalizations about C4 space in here. Dunno what C4 systems you guys are visiting but as a C4/C4 dweller, they are ALL FULL {except for the ones with C5 or C6 statics & some black holes; those are truly ******}.
Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2014-01-27 19:04:09 UTC
I do like the idea of a C2 with static C2 or C3 and wither HS or for less traffic a LS
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#15 - 2014-01-28 10:38:48 UTC
I'm guessing you got kicked from your last C3 because the static was highsec? Always going to produce loads more traffic, which means more risk. You guys could probably handle a C3 again if you instead get one with a lowsec static.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2014-01-28 20:35:10 UTC
yes we lost our C3 due to the corp not being as active as we used to be and when someone moved in we RF their Pos and then said the hell with it and left
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-01-28 21:48:42 UTC
the only C2s youre likely to find empty are C5/NS ones. if you do find a good one it's not too unlikely someone will come kick you out if they want the hole if youre small.
just get a c4 with a c3 or c2 static and farm your static to your heart's content.

im pretty sure ive never heard of a c4 group being evicted. certainly not because someone wanted to live in their wh.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Riel Saigo
Facta.Non.Verba
#18 - 2014-01-28 22:36:29 UTC
Don't bother with C2s, they're PvP hubs. I'd recommend just putting in the work to find another C3. Or alternatively, find a good wormhole with a static C3.

Your static is where you make the real money in wormholes anyway. No matter what class of wormhole you're in, you eventually hit a point where you farm out all the anomalies and have to wait for them to recover. But a static wormhole - you can dive in there and farm it out, and then just collapse the wormhole and get a new one and repeat the process.
Riel Saigo
Facta.Non.Verba
#19 - 2014-01-28 22:37:55 UTC
There's also nothing stopping you from just going nomad, hunting for C3s, farming them and living in them temporarily in a small POS, and then moving on to another C3.
Smiley Smile
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2014-01-29 01:46:53 UTC
well never saw a static as a isk maker but your right. just keep rolling the static. im going to try and talk my guys into a C4 but ill settle for a C3 with a LS static and maybe another C3. Thanks for the info about C2's being PvP hubs. all this info has helped alot guys thanks
12Next page