These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon 1.1 Feedback Thread

First post
Author
Zz Lazer
Doomheim
#121 - 2014-01-28 20:53:21 UTC
Bugs:

1. "You failed to target nothing" is not English (fix that old bug)

2. World level sound adjustment is broken - it's stuck, even after restart

3. I still don't see my drone damage when I mouse over them

4. The autopilot now list the destinations in a window, but there is no "SET DESTINATION - ADD WAYPOINT" button, only a stupid selection window. No preferred destinations either and the window is too small

5. Standings in station are broken
Andreas Hartmann
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2014-01-28 20:59:28 UTC
Bakuhz wrote:
Titan Tez wrote:
urmm new sisters battle ship guns only ! im caldari damm you ! you ccp devs talk about balance " you don't know what the word means ! Caldari is gutted once again.. Cry

It's a Drone ship num nuts!!!

To go back to titans remark. Titan you truly are not very bright. The SOE ships are a balancing act be cause there is no faction ship that uses gallente and amarr. There are 2 faction ships that use caldari, so seriously, just think a bit.
The Legendary Soldier
Elixa
I.N.F.A.M.Y
#123 - 2014-01-28 21:01:24 UTC

Salvage drones will not begin salvaging when no target is selected.

Need to place a high-sec POS? Premade corps for sale, or your corps standings boosted. Trading since January 2012. Many corps sold/boosted - see my thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63128&find=unread

Qual
Infinity Engine
Sleeping Dragons
#124 - 2014-01-28 21:19:17 UTC
Amarth X wrote:
Qual wrote:
Odyssey added the same issue to WH space now that sigs just pops up on your scanner... Meh!

Did people actually run stuff in their local wh without probes out, prior Odyssey? Only difference it made is that you don't have to click the mouse one extra time to check for signatures.

Oh, yes! They did! At least enough people did to make it a noticeable difference before and after.

Thing is that the previous mechanic required diligence, the new one an autoupdating window. Just like showing standings directly in local chat instead of you having to go to character info to find out in the old days. Active vs. passive. Makes a huge difference.
I-RON zeus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2014-01-28 21:44:33 UTC
When are we going to see an improvement or an expansion that tops on mission running, it seems mission running has been strongly neglected which is a shame because it's one of the funnest and main activity in high sec.
Moresco
I.D.I.O.T.
Sev3rance
#126 - 2014-01-28 21:45:46 UTC
Please add the "Variations" tab and the "Compare" button into the Mobile Siphon Units Info window.

As it is now you have to drag and drop them manually in into the empty compare tool to compare them.

FuriousPig > You need to examine Minmatar ships bro. No kidding, I tried to Salvage one last night. Took me 20 cycles before the pilot convoed me and told me to stop it.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#127 - 2014-01-28 22:28:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
-> could you add option to tracking camera: disable zooming. No zooming anymore - thank you.
-> could you add option to sounds: disable hangar environmental sounds.
-> could you fix old unified inventory glitch where all inventory related windows close when clone jumping (or trying to).

Thank you

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Kel Kun
The Body Of Christ
#128 - 2014-01-28 22:34:26 UTC
Guys you are so rude, there's way to say things. Be polite.

For my part, I really disapprove the ESS because I used to solo rat in a black ops and if I were still doing this I'd leave EvE. I guess now there will be plenty of solo interceptors robbing the ESS's. To me it's just something that should have never see the day.
Elric Cole
#129 - 2014-01-28 22:48:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Elric Cole
My torpedoes seem to be missing their smoke trails even though I haven't changed any graphic settings at all.
Is this part of the new "Optimizations and dynamic adjustments for graphics rendering quality" or a bug?

This seems to be happening to my missile too - no smoke trails at all.

And GPU particles setting is active.
Joe Skellington
Sarz'na Khumatari
#130 - 2014-01-28 23:33:28 UTC
This is the first time I've posted in the forums in awhile, so much new stuff. SoE battleship? Crazy

Please note that ASCII art is not permitted in the forum signatures. Spitfire

Constantin Catweazle
Schneewiesel
#131 - 2014-01-28 23:40:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Constantin Catweazle
Are you guys at ccp aware of what the omni changes did to sentrys, especially gardes?!
Would be cool if someone could point out in what kind of setup those are of any use now... I doubt there is any, but I'm willing to learn.
Liam Benjamin Templaris
Ordo Templaris Industries
#132 - 2014-01-28 23:43:50 UTC
from what I read and experienced, not sure "successful" is a word I would have used.
Exodus Lied
Kiith Paktu
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#133 - 2014-01-29 00:13:54 UTC
Quote:
PVE

NPC bounty payments in null sec reduced by pay out 95% of full value.

Seems like kind of a **** move CCP. You know a few "successful patches" (i cant really remember when) you introduced rats that switched targets, making them harder to deal with but the bounties stayed the same. Talk about losing the whole "risk to reward" concept. So now on top of being harder to kill they are now worth less than before; not in high sec... just in null sec where the rats are their hardest...

Something here seems really wrong to me... Could you please explain what balance you have added to the game to make up for this? Did you add more ratting sites? Did you add more rats to the ratting sites? Did you make the rats weaker? Or does it come down to the risk of living in null sec is not worth the better reward?

High sec is looking pretty cool now. You get 100% of the bounties and Concord is there to back you up just in case "things get too hard".

You know every time you undock in null sec you are taking a big risk. It could be from a large red fleet a couple jumps away; or the angry madmen in the wromhole who are looking for a fight; or it could be from that friendly player who looks a little skeezy around the eyes and will probably light a cyno on you and bring out his 20 hostile friends to murder you. Every time you undock you face these risks; every time. But if you think living like that is not worth 100% of the bounty on rats then what is the reward of living in null sec? Why should players want to play out there?

Oh, before i go here is the definition of "successful" in the English language: "accomplishing an aim or purpose". Now i am not a real cultured man and i have no idea what language you speak in Iceland but i do know one thing; successful must mean something radically different in that language than it does in English. That is unless you wanted to lose players, then yes this patch has been very successfully deployed.

With all the mistakes and problems with Eve, you wonder if the DEVs actually read the forums. But it is a worse thought to think they do.

LegaRoSSs
Burning Napalm
Pandemic Horde
#134 - 2014-01-29 00:43:37 UTC  |  Edited by: LegaRoSSs
Such a success...
Fix chat standings
Remove ****** ESS
Fix performance issues
Fix AFK cloaking
Then it might be a success...

PS. btw want to add a cool new highsec marauder to the post above... Rly usefull bastion for a nullsec pilots when u cant do a **** for a minute and in that minute our cool ceptor could jump through a half of a dozens systemns and tackl you.
Sanya Mazepa
Department of Health and Wellness
#135 - 2014-01-29 01:53:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Sanya Mazepa
I got worse frame rate with rubicon 1.1 patch. Direct X 11 client would run at 60 FPS consistently, down to 40. Direct X 9 client is performing well at 60 FPS.

UPDATE, work around was to switch to full screen from Fixed Window mode... sucks cause now I can't tab out as fast.
Dark Rum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2014-01-29 01:54:30 UTC
my client keeps crashing just after jumping through stargates or undocking from a station.

system:
toshiba laptop, radeon ati 5650, win 7. if that helps.

will log in again after a few days and see if it is more stable.
ButtFungus
SOONWAFFE
#137 - 2014-01-29 01:57:16 UTC
I have read through all pages of thread and still only 80% done with download of the patch. Seems like another trademark CCP patch - fix things nobody know is broken, nerf things, add things everyone says they do not want.
Oh, and introduce a bucket of bugs.
Standings don't appear. "Oh, we've fixed this internally". That is a useless statement to the 50,000 people who are online and not at your office, isn't it? Nobody cares if your machines work well, they care if THEIR clients work right, which they don't.
How about CCP try new thing? Instead of fixing bugs internally, try TESTING THINGS INTERNALLY!
If you test things, you find bugs. Then you correct bugs and they are not there when you release patch.
Is that not simple?

Download is only to 90% so I guess I will post more.

Patch is successfully deployed is an accurate statement. They had a broken patch, but it was deployed successfully because the launcher started downloading it. That's all deployed really means, it was put out there to be used. The fact that it is broken does not matter to anyone except all of us who wish to play.

Oh goody, patch is to 99% download. Now to see if it works or crashes my machine.

The loss of faith in CCP's ability to provide quality product is what hurts the most.
Nakh Bretora
Moonlight snow night
#138 - 2014-01-29 02:01:12 UTC
Kalb777 wrote:
All those complaining never make mistakes right?

they can make all the mistakes they want BEFORE A "SUCCESSFUL" DEPLOYMENT OF THE PATCH!!!
Jack Hostone
#139 - 2014-01-29 02:03:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Hostone
Well, there's a strange one that I'm going to take as an installation issue, but it's impossible for me to warp very far. Roughly 35% of the time I land on a gate or location I'm landing inside of it, having the entire application glitch, and then being rocketted out 100 km, or having the application fail entirely and shut off after approx. 30 seconds of effectively screenshotting my travels.

Running the repair mod now to see if that fixes anything at all.

Edit: After running a repair it's still a broken experience to warp anywhere. First warp I made again shattered the game for thirty seconds before coming back in 100 km off of the gate.

And Shepards we shall be, For the Thee, my Lord for the Thee. - James 315(?)

Davion Falcon
Those Once Loyal
#140 - 2014-01-29 03:16:46 UTC
Minmatar Research Station (kickouts) are now truly kickouts as I load grid at 3km+ (compared to 0km for a few seconds pre patch) from station, yet my ship is graphically right next to it. Working as intended?

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise. Never forgotten, never forgiven.