These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#1421 - 2014-01-27 10:33:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Tesco Ergo Sum wrote:
Tauranon wrote:

The percentage cost of acquisition of a sub for a player that subsequently lives in null is smaller, because those players typically have longer lasting subs. This is something CCP has pointed out themselves, and is clearly reflected in all the steps they've taken to make null less exclusive.

[snip]

Please, you only exist because of the "accords" signed, that is about as exclusive as you can get...

NPC Null - a very small section of Null
B0T/PBLRD - I won't support either
Provi - oh wait, they only exist because others call the shots for them

So where is this "less exclusive Null"?

I've already answered this point. The CFC does not vett, veto or control my recruiting. In your particular case, you have let "caring about politics" blind you to the extent of not realising that it is not necessary for the average bear to care about politics to live in null anymore.

In fact the -longer- I rent from the CFC, the more desirable a renter I become to N3, because long term occupants require less effort on behalf of the landlord, which leads them to occasionally shooting me an offer via mail. There are ex NA renter corps in PLBRD. ie its pretty much a neutral statement these days to be a renter, regardless of who you rent from.
Billy McCandless
Zacharia Explorations Group
#1422 - 2014-01-27 11:05:49 UTC
Tauranon wrote:

No dribble was the word I was looking for, I'm a native English speaker, and I am quite capable of selecting the word I want.

I didnt realise you wanted the wrong word.

Tauranon wrote:
I had a casual glance over the recruitment forums, and yes there was a Vale located PBLRD corp recruiting ad on the front page at the time of this post, directly requesting people that want to PVE, and it happens to be a corp I'm familiar with and can vouch for the accuracy of their ad (and no it isn't my corp).

perhaps its easier for me to see that, since I immediately recognise the name of the local corps.

I can see why you may believe this to be the case.

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1423 - 2014-01-27 13:33:31 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Of course, if you are trying to argue that high sec bounties are too high an isk faucet and should be nerfed....

No, we say that isk earning in empire is too high and should be reduced to below null sec so that there is a reason to go there.
Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#1424 - 2014-01-27 13:35:58 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Of course, if you are trying to argue that high sec bounties are too high an isk faucet and should be nerfed....

No, we say that isk earning in empire is too high and should be reduced to below null sec so that there is a reason to go there.

Then why just not boost the economy in null and make it more lucrative and leave high sec be as it is?
I've been in this game long enough to know how people act and demant things for them selfs and goons are no exception to that so why not just boost null and leave high sec as it is.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1425 - 2014-01-27 13:36:12 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Numerous posters have already shown you CCP data showing that it is already higher in null than HS.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1426 - 2014-01-27 13:39:10 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Numerous posters have already shown you CCP data showing that it is already higher in null than HS.

Where?

All I have seen is data on isk fausets which is useless for looking into income levels.

Null sec mostly rewards in raw isk while high sec gives most of its reward in LP.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1427 - 2014-01-27 13:45:52 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Where?

All I have seen is data on isk fausets which is useless for looking into income levels.

Null sec mostly rewards in raw isk while high sec gives most of its reward in LP.

I still don't know why this is hard to understand.

Hell it's incredibly easy to replicate so they can go see this for themselves (it's not hard to gain access to null sec). They don't as they aren't interested in the truth of the matter.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1428 - 2014-01-27 13:46:21 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Where?

Hahahahahaha.

This is so untrue it's actually funny.

There's plenty of ways to make income in null, and the highest earning ones do not directly involve any ratting.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1429 - 2014-01-27 13:51:42 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Where?

Hahahahahaha.

There's plenty of ways to make income in null, and the highest earning ones do not directly involve any ratting.

Name them.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1430 - 2014-01-27 13:54:17 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Where?

Hahahahahaha.

Name them.

How about building Titans.

What, you can't do that? Too spacepoor? Too low on the food chain? Not enough skillpoints?

Too bad.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1431 - 2014-01-27 13:56:58 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

What, you can't do that? Too spacepoor? Too low on the food chain? Not enough skillpoints?

Too bad.

The above quote is all the evidence we need to show that you have no arguments and that you are simply desperate to keep your golden egg laying goose.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1432 - 2014-01-27 14:01:42 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Where?

Hahahahahaha.

Nor are those things about individual income. That's what we are talking about here.

Take a Dominix to null, to an upgraded system. Use it to do anomalies (the most common source of null sec pve isk). See how much you make in a couple hours.

Take the same ship to high sec, Blitz missions for SOE,Thukker or a corp with industial implants in it's LP store, do this for one hour and 45 minutes (giving yourself 15 minutes to convert the LP and sell the items you get to buy orders (ie not even the best isk/lp converstion rates). See how much isk you have.

Therein lies the problem,, there is zero reason to take that ship to null except "im bored of high sec".

Before CCP introduced incursions (which directly and indirectly increased high sec income potential) , wormholes (which made the values of the SOE items in uit's LP store jump up and never come down) and the changes to the exploraiton system that has and is causing a flood of new explorers (good for SOE LP again), you just could not beat null sec for individual isk making. While lvl4s in high sec cause some lvl of controversy, it's just nothing like today. And this was a good thing, because making isk in null exposes players to loses that drive the eve economy.

The high sec incursions community i run with most often had 800 people in it's chat channel last night (getting into fleet was a ***** lol) That's ONE incursion community. tens of thousands of npcs were killed in the last 24 hours in each of the 3 high sec SOE constellation. A look at dotlan maps will demonstrate that any one of those constellations has more NPC kills than any 4 null sec regions combined (you can go check).

The balance has been off for a long time, and some people just don't want to see it.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1433 - 2014-01-27 14:05:37 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

Too bad.

The above quote is all the evidence we need to show that you have no arguments and that you are simply desperate to keep your golden egg laying goose.

My "golden egg laying goose?"

I'm not even sure what you are referencing. Highsec? Highsec doesn't buy my goods - players do.
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#1434 - 2014-01-27 14:28:51 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

Too bad.

My "golden egg laying goose?"

I'm not even sure what you are referencing. Highsec? Highsec doesn't buy my goods - players do.

This argument again? If you are only ratting in null for your source of income and comparing that to hi-sec then you are doing it wrong.

The same people keep beating this same dead horse. You cannot take one method of income for an entire region be it null/low/hi-sec and say that’s proof you can make more isk.

The income potential for null is the greatest of all. Right now the numbers CCP have seem to support this or they would not be nerfing income there. They may nerf hi-sec as well eventually.

You squall babies need to HTFU or pack your sheet up and leave my game.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1435 - 2014-01-27 14:43:24 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

This argument again? If you are only ratting in null for your source of income and comparing that to hi-sec then you are doing it wrong.

The same people keep beating this same dead horse. You cannot take one method of income for an entire region be it null/low/hi-sec and say that’s proof you can make more isk.

The income potential for null is the greatest of all. Right now the numbers CCP have seem to support this or they would not be nerfing income there. They may nerf hi-sec as well eventually.

Only the numbers do show that high sec income is better. CCP are only nerfing null income again as an excuse for the ESS, they said it themselves.

Its not a case of HTFU, its a case of high sec giving the best safety coupled with rewards better than null.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1436 - 2014-01-27 14:44:27 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

Only the numbers do show that high sec income is better. CCP are only nerfing null income again as an excuse for the ESS, they said it themselves.

Its not a case of HTFU, its a case of high sec giving the best safety coupled with rewards better than null.

"The only way I know how to make income is to shoot NPC-controlled red squares.

Why am I space poor?"

HTFU indeed.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1437 - 2014-01-27 14:46:48 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

Why am I space poor?"

HTFU indeed.

Anoms are what we have in place of level 4 missions. So yea, that is what most people run in null.
Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1438 - 2014-01-27 14:50:57 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

Why am I space poor?"

HTFU indeed.

Anoms are what we have in place of level 4 missions. So yea, that is what most people run in null.

In the middle ages, most people thought the world was flat. It did not make them right.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1439 - 2014-01-27 15:03:11 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:

In the middle ages, most people thought the world was flat. It did not make them right.

Thats actually a myth.

Anoms are what we have in place of level 4 missions and what what the vast bulk of people run out here.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1440 - 2014-01-27 15:11:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
its a case of high sec giving the best safety coupled with rewards better than null.

This is an example of a half truth with half lie.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.