These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Your candidate for CSM9 AMA

First post
Author
Michele Bachmann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-01-27 04:06:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Michele Bachmann
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Honestly my top pick would be a CEO of a Hisec merc corp/alliance with proven understanding of hisec/wardeccing/asshattery mechanics (and personal killboard of unquestionable taste and panache to match)....We have lots of null reps on the CSM, hisec warfare is sorely underrepresented and to that end needs a STRONG voice with all their sh!te wired tight.

I could see many getting behind a Cannibal Kane, Lord Razpataz/Sir Tearz, Adriel Malakai or the like, but not someone of 20 years RL age, relatively young toon & 'meh' killboard....doing battle with the 'nerf hisec' crowd at CCP and the nullsec CSM members making it all about nullsec....

Sorry, -1.

F

I know what I've going against me, but I have to try if not for myself then for the people I fly with

Fly safe
Domineren
Knights Of the Ruined Empire
#22 - 2014-01-27 04:43:19 UTC
Honestly my top pick would be a CEO of a Hisec merc corp/alliance with proven understanding of hisec/wardeccing/asshattery mechanics (and personal killboard of unquestionable taste and panache to match)....We have lots of null reps on the CSM, hisec warfare is sorely underrepresented and to that end needs a STRONG voice with all their sh!te wired tight.

I could see many getting behind a Cannibal Kane, Lord Razpataz/Sir Tearz, Adriel Malakai or the like, but not someone of 20 years RL age, relatively young toon & 'meh' killboard....doing battle with the 'nerf hisec' crowd at CCP and the nullsec CSM members making it all about nullsec....

Sorry, -1.

F

I vote for raz, you, kane, or erotica 1 with his legitimate doubling business

Senn Denroth - Highsec PVP is only for the elite of the elite....

Ex-Rebirth....and miner.  Fight me.

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#23 - 2014-01-27 06:30:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeus Maximo
I wish you luck on your endeavors.

Honestly I couldn't have pictured a thread going any other way in C&P! However mercs are actually quite rare in high sec. You would probably get more votes if you related to Ivy League/Incursion runners/Industrial alliances. You'll have to change your stance a bit but your chance of winning would be increased.

I also thought about running but finding an "idea" people could stand behind in High Sec will/would be hard.

Good luck!

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#24 - 2014-01-27 08:57:05 UTC
I could see many getting behind a Cannibal Kane, Lord Razpataz/Sir Tearz, Adriel Malakai or the like

You know, Kane and others are actually playing this game instead of pumping their ego with orange forum badges. That is why CSM members have no killmails with less than 100 people in them and Kane is basically a synonym of one man army wreaking havoc for hire.

Invalid signature format

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#25 - 2014-01-27 09:03:07 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
I could see many getting behind a Cannibal Kane, Lord Razpataz/Sir Tearz, Adriel Malakai or the like

You know, Kane and others are actually playing this game instead of pumping their ego with orange forum badges. That is why CSM members have no killmails with less than 100 people in them and Kane is basically a synonym of one man army wreaking havoc for hire.

Lies. I have several with fewer than 70!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#26 - 2014-01-27 09:34:14 UTC
Malcanis, as always exact to the point, no slander left behind :)

Invalid signature format

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#27 - 2014-01-27 09:45:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris

That´s Mangala Solaris from RvB then.

And while I fully agree with your second sentence, unless CCP changed the election mode again you will get a dozen or so votes to spread among canditates, so there is nothing wrong to get to know where the more unknown ones stand early on.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-01-27 10:20:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Also...

You will never see my name on a CSM Ballet. I will support CSM but never run.

I am in EVE to relax and enjoy myself, not turn it into a second Job. Which it has to be if you were anything but serious about being in the CSM. Otherwise I consider you to be a freeloader, nothing more nothing less.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#29 - 2014-01-27 11:01:31 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Also...

I am in EVE to relax and enjoy myself, not turn it into a second Job. Which it has to be if you were anything but serious about being in the CSM. Otherwise I consider you to be a freeloader, nothing more nothing less.

This is a sensible point of view.

Let no one mistake: the "joke" about being on the CSM is having a second unpaid job isn't a joke. It's the straight up truth. It can be fun, it's rewarding, it feels good to make a contribution back to your hobby, but it's a significant commitment.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sorao Soreen
Profit to burn
#30 - 2014-01-27 11:10:50 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Also...

well said Mr Kane
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#31 - 2014-01-27 11:46:51 UTC
I'm still holding out for Da Monk.

*crosses fingers*

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-01-27 15:54:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Zeus Maximo wrote:

However mercs are actually quite rare in high sec. You would probably get more votes if you related to Ivy League/Incursion runners/Industrial alliance

Well this being the C&P forum (not the carebear forum), my hope is a proven hisec pew lord or criminal who understands the more combative side of hisec would one day get a seat at the CSM table, to counter the road to nerfdom CCP has been pursuing.

When I see the CSM always stacked with null folks, those claiming a vibrant hisec pew community doesnt exist (to drive more numbers to the losec/null wastelands) and rumblings of making hisec wardecs consensual only, I get very concerned things are going to get worse for hisec pew without such representation.

In short, C&P needs a candidate who will enhance the wardec mechanics as job #1, not make them consensual only.
C&P needs a candidate that will sack-up and poke CCP in the eye on these constant hisec nerfs.
C&P needs a candidate with a strong enough voice to shout over the herd of nullsec CSM's (who I fear would love nothing more than for hisec pew to die entirely, to drive more pew oriented players into their clutches in low/null...)

This candidate isn't me, I'm on the same page as Kane, but it sure as fracking frak isn't an indy/carebear type who will frak up hisec further.

Who will stand for C&P and hisec pew?
Who will get wardec fees put into a bucket claimable by the defender vs. ships killed to inspire them to come out and fight?
Who will get NPC corp taxes raised to 50-60% to incentivize those hiding out there forever to join player corps?
Who will call for 1 week stasis period on leaving a player corp with any active (or pending) wars?
Who will call for a 15 minute "Do you wish to remain logged in?" popup timer, when a player doesn't move their mouse for 15 minutes or be auto-logged-off? (i.e. AFK in station or AFK cloaked in space just to be a d!ck)

Do it for fairness, do it for justice but above all...do it for the children!
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-01-27 15:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Zeus Maximo wrote:

However mercs are actually quite rare in high sec. You would probably get more votes if you related to Ivy League/Incursion runners/Industrial alliance

Well this being the C&P forum (not the carebear forum), my hope is a proven hisec pew lord or criminal who understands the more combative side of hisec would one day get a seat at the CSM table, to counter the road to nerfdom CCP has been pursuing.

When I see the CSM always stacked with null folks, those claiming a vibrant hisec pew community doesnt exist (to drive more numbers to the losec/null wastelands) and rumblings of making hisec wardecs consensual only, I get very concerned things are going to get worse for hisec pew without such representation.

In short, C&P needs a candidate who will enhance the wardec mechanics as job #1, not make them consensual only.
C&P needs a candidate that will sack-up and poke CCP in the eye on these constant hisec nerfs.
C&P needs a candidate with a strong enough voice to shout over the herd of nullsec CSM's (who I fear would love nothing more than for hisec pew to die entirely, to drive more pew oriented players into their clutches in low/null...)

This candidate isn't me, I'm on the same page as Kane, but it sure as fracking frak isn't an indy/carebear type who will frak up hisec further.

Who will stand for C&P and hisec pew?
Who will get wardec fees put into a bucket claimable by the defender vs. ships killed to inspire them to come out and fight?
Who will get NPC corp taxes raised to 50-60% to incentivize those hiding out there forever to join player corps?
Who will call for 1 week stasis period on leaving a player corp with any active (or pending) wars?
Who will call for a 15 minute "Do you wish to remain logged in?" popup timer, when a player doesn't move their mouse for 15 minutes or be auto-logged-off? (i.e. AFK in station or cloaked in space just to be a d!ck)

Do it for fairness, do it for justice but above all...do it for the children!

Why not you? You seem to have all the ideas down....

Edit: Let us not forget about Psychotic Monk.. I am pretty sure he intends to run again, and he will bring chaos in his wake if elected.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#34 - 2014-01-27 17:59:40 UTC
Why failed diplomacy, they never leave Rens, so how can you be considered anything other then a station baiter?
You can't represent someone if your not that type of person. Seems to me you have ulterior motives to do this.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Michele Bachmann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-01-27 18:06:10 UTC
Saeger1737 wrote:
Why failed diplomacy, they never leave Rens, so how can you be considered anything other then a station baiter?
You can't represent someone if your not that type of person. Seems to me you have ulterior motives to do this.

I've never claimed anything about my pvp other than that I pvp in hisec a lot and am very distraught over how unfair it really is. You can check my kb as I've been all over and still go all over. Station games are fun to a point but nothing beats roams and hunting war targets.

and honestly no ulterior motives. If I wanted to win a csm spot i'd be advocating for Ivy league or RvB or some carebear incursion group. I'd like to be the voice for the people of C&P, a group sorely underrepresented in the CSM and just EVE in general.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-01-27 18:10:20 UTC
Michele Bachmann wrote:

.....Station games are fun to a point....

No, they are not.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#37 - 2014-01-27 18:22:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Saeger1737
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:

I've never claimed anything about my pvp other than that I pvp in hisec a lot and am very distraught over how unfair it really is. You can check my kb as I've been all over and still go all over. Station games are fun to a point but nothing beats roams and hunting war targets.

and honestly no ulterior motives. If I wanted to win a csm spot i'd be advocating for Ivy league or RvB or some carebear incursion group. I'd like to be the voice for the people of C&P, a group sorely underrepresented in the CSM and just EVE in general.

So have you've ever set up merc contracts before, or Ganked freighters? Have you've swapped you safety off the green setting yet? If you haven't done any of these, you shouldn't run to represent it. I don't think you understand anyone in C&P or the things they do.

-1 for being a station baiting bear.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Michele Bachmann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-01-27 18:23:59 UTC
Saeger1737 wrote:
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:

So have you've ever set up merc contracts before, or Ganked freighters? Have you've swapped you safety off the green setting yet? If you haven't done any of these, you shouldn't run to represent it. I don't think you understand anyone in C&P or the things they do.

-1 for being a station baiting bear.

yes i have, you can ask my ceo he backs me 100%
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-01-27 18:35:45 UTC
Michele Bachmann wrote:

yes i have, you can ask my ceo he backs me 100%

lol...

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#40 - 2014-01-27 19:09:24 UTC
Michele Bachmann wrote:

I know what I've going against me, but I have to try if not for myself then for the people I fly with

This is a joke right? Tell me this whole thread is a joke.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.