These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

sound/voice/music content not developed

Author
Mikhem
Taxisk Unlimited
#1 - 2014-01-26 08:34:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Mikhem
I have got impression that CCP is no longer developing sound/voice/music content of EVE.

Jukebox was removed from EVE. Login screen was removed from EVE. Login screen had awesome music and Jukebox allowed us to control music in EVE. Years back there were this divine voice of Aura that spoke to us new capsuleers.

I want to raise discussion here why CCP no longer gives new sounds/voice/music for our ears to hear? Trailers are the only place where new music still appears from CCP.

Perhaps you all think that sounds/voice/music is not important and that is why CCP is not developing them. This thread could also discuss is ear content important in EVE?

I use surround headphones so I can get the best possible sound/voice/music out of EVE.

Edit:
Here is reminder for you of this divine voice of aura:
AlienHand - Above the Asteroids Eve Online Remix

Mikhem

Link library to EVE music songs.

marVLs
#2 - 2014-01-26 09:19:05 UTC
Sound is development (new awesome stargate sounds etc). Sadly there's only 1 or 2 peps covering all eve sound side... that's really bad CCP, You should be ashamed Ugh

But yeah no new music is something i don't understand... the first thing i fall in in love with when i launch eve first time few years ago was music, so climatic etc.

So give us more new tracks with every expansion and bring back jukebox or something like it at leastAttention
Billy McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#3 - 2014-01-26 11:14:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Billy McCandless
My login screen works fine and has new music for Rubicon that is some of the best yet.

I never use the launcher as a matter of principle and its just awkward and annoying.

But I agree, I'd like to have the jukebox back.

I used to mix X2/3 music with EvE music to get rid of the boring Lowsec and Nullsec "windy" tracks.

I still turned it off in a WH though :)

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
#4 - 2014-01-26 11:21:56 UTC
CCP has always been understaffed on anything concerning polish or immersion.

Actually they are understaffed on basically everything.

Except Dust Community Managers. I'm pretty sure we've got like 5 of them and they dont even interact with the damn community in a meaningful way (or at all).
AG systems
The cult of jobs
#5 - 2014-01-26 12:02:42 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
CCP has always been understaffed on anything concerning polish or immersion.

Actually they are understaffed on basically everything.

Except Dust Community Managers. I'm pretty sure we've got like 5 of them and they dont even interact with the damn community in a meaningful way (or at all).

Mintchip anyone?
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#6 - 2014-01-26 12:53:25 UTC
They are in need of a good Sound Engineer to go in and at least balance all the sounds across the spectrum.

Some are too loud with others being too quiet when at the same levels etc.etc. (Can barely hear the station noises, then undock and it a ROAR of engines).

It's just clumsy and unprofessional in its current state.

I just leave it at a barely hearable volume for sound cues at least.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882