These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec PvP-ers needed for foreverwar against Goons

First post First post
Author
General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#741 - 2014-01-25 01:07:42 UTC
We had some nice expensive rvb pods the last few days .... in Jita. 650M+ etc haha.... seems someone is getting a fine ?
Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#742 - 2014-01-25 01:16:52 UTC
"You cannot go shopping because you could die. Since you died you now owe us money"

In a way I agree with making money off the dumbs and reinforcing what you want as a leadership but I also have to disagree. No matter how many mails you send out or forums posts you sticky the majority of eve players will never notice/read them. In the end your wartargets will see it as another "win" because you are acknowledging their efforts. Not only are you giving them kills but you are reinforcing their motive with positive reinforcement that they are causing tears.

I learned a lot from our perma dec on Ivy League(lasted 1 year) and how a small group could terrorize the large. In the grand scheme of things our war never threatened their survival but more along the lines of "internal morale." At first Uni members were punished when they died to us but their leadership evolved. They realized that everyone has their own motive to play eve and that you can only scold someone so much before you lose their "following."

RvB/goons fit into this story a lot differently just because they are more pvp based. I feel you would have more of a positive response if you rewarded members for getting a "final blow" instead of punishing them for "receiving" one. Your opponents will stop receiving positive reinforcement for killing you and their since of accomplishment will dwindle knowing that their effort will never be mentioned.

I have a quote for everyone here involved:

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

Who here is looking like the biggest pussy? Instead of scolding the dumb people, that will always be dumb, why don't you honor the ones that actually fought? Make it aware to everyone how your enemy functions so they know what to expect. It took Ivy league 8 months to wake up and be positive about their "war deccing experience."

Fleets when they scolded people for dying: vexors, blackbirds, mallers
Fleets when they rewarded the killers: Proteus's, guardians, damnations, ahacs

What am I trying to do here? Get fights going :)

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Professor Clio
Apocalypse Lancers
#743 - 2014-01-25 02:31:37 UTC
Zeus Maximo wrote:
"You cannot go shopping because you could die. Since you died you now owe us money"

In a way I agree with making money off the dumbs and reinforcing what you want as a leadership but I also have to disagree. No matter how many mails you send out or forums posts you sticky the majority of eve players will never notice/read them. In the end your wartargets will see it as another "win" because you are acknowledging their efforts. Not only are you giving them kills but you are reinforcing their motive with positive reinforcement that they are causing tears.

I learned a lot from our perma dec on Ivy League(lasted 1 year) and how a small group could terrorize the large. In the grand scheme of things our war never threatened their survival but more along the lines of "internal morale." At first Uni members were punished when they died to us but their leadership evolved. They realized that everyone has their own motive to play eve and that you can only scold someone so much before you lose their "following."

RvB/goons fit into this story a lot differently just because they are more pvp based. I feel you would have more of a positive response if you rewarded members for getting a "final blow" instead of punishing them for "receiving" one. Your opponents will stop receiving positive reinforcement for killing you and their since of accomplishment will dwindle knowing that their effort will never be mentioned.

I have a quote for everyone here involved:

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

Who here is looking like the biggest *****? Instead of scolding the dumb people, that will always be dumb, why don't you honor the ones that actually fought? Make it aware to everyone how your enemy functions so they know what to expect. It took Ivy league 8 months to wake up and be positive about their "war deccing experience."

Fleets when they scolded people for dying: vexors, blackbirds, mallers
Fleets when they rewarded the killers: Proteus's, guardians, damnations, ahacs

What am I trying to do here? Get fights going :)

I get where you're coming from. I used to think like that too. But then I realized that since our recruitment process consists of simply hitting accept on any app that comes in we have to do more hand holding than most. Trust me I've been in RvB for years, I've been there when we didn't have a policy against going to Jita and I've seen how much of a difference the Jita rule has made.

As for expecting people to read, well I get that not everyone is into forums but if you can't see the giant glowing "don't go to Jita or you'll be fined" text in literally all our in game channels well... Then I don't think you should play eve at all, never mind try to pvp.
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#744 - 2014-01-25 03:09:50 UTC
Stop typing start fighting, stop the teary eye drama filled book starting page length posts of e-peen and get it over already.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#745 - 2014-01-25 13:41:27 UTC
Saeger1737 wrote:
Stop typing start fighting, stop the teary eye drama filled book starting page length posts of e-peen and get it over already.
Since you like fights so much, why don't you just join Darwins Lemmings and kill the evil Goonies, rvb, etc Twisted
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#746 - 2014-01-25 15:51:33 UTC
is it dead yet?
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#747 - 2014-01-25 15:57:31 UTC
General Lemming wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Since you like fights so much, why don't you just join Darwins Lemmings and kill the evil Goonies, rvb, etc Twisted

Could kill you, if you keep making suggestions.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#748 - 2014-01-25 17:43:18 UTC
I suggest you jump of a big station.... P
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#749 - 2014-01-25 17:44:29 UTC
Davish Krail wrote:
Renegade Heart wrote:
Goons weren't bothered about me blowing up rookie ships on the Jita undock so I went to null to shoot them and their pets Pirate

I had fun so far. I hope Lemmings and Goons are still having fun too Big smile I would love to see more of Lemmings stuff in null!

Mordus Angels is pretty terrible though, but if you find it fun then :shrug:

GJ on criticising a pvp corp on your forum alt otherwise we might come and show you just how terrible we are Evil
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#750 - 2014-01-26 00:53:42 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
GJ on criticising a pvp corp on your forum alt otherwise we might come and show you just how terrible we are Evil

The only PvP corp in highsec that matters is RvB (as they provide content for all areas of space); every other group is just a collective of risk averse, wanna-be griefers that are reduced to preying on relatively new players that don't actually understand how to fight back.

Red Fed #1.
General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#751 - 2014-01-26 01:11:39 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lemming
Well the only alliance that matters in 0.0 is euhh euhhh euhhhhh..welll euhhh..... let me sleep about that a night, as I cant think of one. Roll Any alliance called 'Point-F1-Assist' ?

@ Rvb and Goonies : Wake up, you are a few billions behind.

@ Greater West. : well keep dying Lol
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#752 - 2014-01-26 02:42:13 UTC
General Lemming wrote:
Well the only alliance that matters in 0.0

I don't know of any either.
General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#753 - 2014-01-26 15:01:33 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lemming
hehe...yeh good point Pirate

RVB shoutbox :
Mangala Solaris : (26 January 2014 - 06:57 PM) you ******* scrubs losing **** to them.
Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#754 - 2014-01-26 19:42:16 UTC
Look what the wind blew in: http://evenews24.com/2014/01/26/leaks-cfc-blows-the-whislle-on-the-provi-bloc/

It seems The Mittani thinks that there are no "good fights" in this war. If you are shooting Goons, you are with N3 and you'll be treated accordingly. I guess it goes the other way too: if you are helping Goons, you are with Goons.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#755 - 2014-01-26 19:55:14 UTC
Congratulations on slowly and painfully working out the blindingly obvious.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Joan Greywind
The Lazy Crabs
#756 - 2014-01-26 20:46:24 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Congratulations on slowly and painfully working out the blindingly obvious.

omggg noooooo, now we are going to hear how a csm member posted here and another "win" for gevlon, because even if it's making fun of him, that is still a "win" in his warped universe.

I know one thing, whatever gevlon posts, we (the eve community) lose .
General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#757 - 2014-01-26 21:02:47 UTC
A CSM posted here..... Lemmings FTW ! Pirate
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#758 - 2014-01-26 21:41:27 UTC
DO YOU ALL NEED A ******* TUTORIAL ON HOW TO REMOTE BUY?

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#759 - 2014-01-26 23:54:32 UTC
Good to see more and more skilled players join.... That's what you get for making enemies, Goonies Twisted

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Darwins_lemmings and about 20+ joining tomorrow..... (24h waiting period)

Already 16B isk damage done in the first two weeks..... what after 1 month, 1 year......

Already having RvB guys joining us who had enough of purple, avoid Jita, paying for ships, no podding bear stuff, fines, etc....

If you think we are on the right track and wish to support us, contact me. Ships and ammo are always welcome for the guys joining..... Isks will help too, but ships and ammo is prio 1.

Been in TEST before and want to join in, send in an application. We also accept corps in the alliance with at least 5+ players.

All you need to defeat an enemy, is to have a vision and the energy to go where needed.....

Darwins Lemmings.... going places. o/
Chocolate Cherry Cake
Doomheim
#760 - 2014-01-26 23:56:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Chocolate Cherry Cake
Yes you are absolutely right !! Already spoken to number of people who agree and will probably join soon.