These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec PvP-ers needed for foreverwar against Goons

First post First post
Author
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#721 - 2014-01-23 12:01:21 UTC
Springe wrote:

So that happens when you try to PVP in hisec Roll

Why limit this to Hisec?

Blueballing your opponent was invented in null as far as EVE is conserned.
All those cool lowsec gangs dock up if a bigger force comes to take them down.
It's the rule rather than the exception.

It doesn't even have to be a bigger force persé, during the war RVB dudes are referring to (a war we won by the way Lol), we had a small force in their home system, 100+ RVB guys just sat there docked, it happens....
Maybe the FC's weren't there, maybe other things took priority, maybe they wanted to blueball us, whatever.
It happens. In Null, low and Hisec.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Louis Robichaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#722 - 2014-01-23 14:02:47 UTC
Telemachus Rheade wrote:
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Louis Robichaud wrote:

You take the bet, have RvB leaves the field, giving you a chance to destroy all the goons POCOs.

But Goons show up to get paid from the bet.

Don't even try to claim that money doesn't flow between these entities.

So no thanks, I won't pay Goons to defend their POCOs.

WOAH Goons pay RvB now?! Please send all future Goons > RvB payments to TELEMACHUS RHEADE, Mr. Mittens. I am the RvB Mining Director, and mining for isk is listed in my duties. I will make sure the isk gets to where it needs to go, promise!

(Please disregard my request if Gevlon Goblin is making things up, as usual)

Of course Mittens is paying us, how else could I possibly afford a T2 fit tormentor?

Seriously Gevlon, *if* POCOs are important to the goons, they won't need RvB money to motivate them to defend them... This doesn't make any sense.

And for the record, and because Gevlon may have a hard time picking up sarcasm, there is no money flow between the goons and us.

I blog a bit http://hspew.blogspot.ca

Del DelVechio
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#723 - 2014-01-23 17:33:56 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Louis Robichaud wrote:

You take the bet, have RvB leaves the field, giving you a chance to destroy all the goons POCOs.

Nice try scammer. No money flows between Goons and RvB, but thats a nice way for you to cover your ass....My offer still stands. I give Chribba 30bn ISK, you give Chribba 30bn ISK. RvB leaves the war. In 7 days if all the Goon POCOs are down, he sends you my ISK. If, after 7 days, they aren't, he sends me your ISK. Its quite simple actually.....

Del

PS. I will even pay the fee.....
Usman Bello
United States of Winning
#724 - 2014-01-23 18:10:19 UTC
This silly wager of yours looks more like a ruse to get out of this war without loosing face. Are you already tired of acting as a goon pet?

Maybe you guys should make a wager on how many months RvB can continue to fight this permawar for the goons without loosing half their membership instead.

http://unitedstatesofwinning.ytmnd.com/

Del DelVechio
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#725 - 2014-01-23 18:12:43 UTC
Usman Bello wrote:
This silly wager of yours looks more like a ruse to get out of this war without loosing face. Are you already tired of acting as a goon pet?

Maybe you guys should make a wager on how many months RvB can continue to fight this permawar for the goons without loosing half their membership instead.

Yes. RvB has long history of avoiding wars, especially ones we are "winning' by a wide margin. Clueless is as clueless posts.....

Del
Usman Bello
United States of Winning
#726 - 2014-01-23 18:31:17 UTC
Del DelVechio wrote:
Usman Bello wrote:

Yes. RvB has long history of avoiding wars, especially ones we are "winning' by a wide margin. Clueless is as clueless posts.....

Del

Stomping smaller alliances I guess...

As for avoiding wars just look at your current situation: You became a goon lackey to avoid a war with the goons. What gives?

Edmark I
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#727 - 2014-01-23 19:28:27 UTC
So guys hows the war going? I'm a little out of touch since I never go to highsec. Are we broke, dead, defeated or whatever the metric for victory is yet?
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#728 - 2014-01-23 19:33:06 UTC
Del DelVechio wrote:
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Louis Robichaud wrote:

Nice try scammer. No money flows between Goons and RvB, but thats a nice way for you to cover your ass....My offer still stands. I give Chribba 30bn ISK, you give Chribba 30bn ISK. RvB leaves the war. In 7 days if all the Goon POCOs are down, he sends you my ISK. If, after 7 days, they aren't, he sends me your ISK. Its quite simple actually.....

Del

PS. I will even pay the fee.....

Please make this happen. Nothing would make me eve-happier than Gevlon handing over 10's of billions (again) because he can't understand why it's a bad idea, even after having it explained to him in very simple terms.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#729 - 2014-01-23 19:35:17 UTC
Edmark I wrote:
So guys hows the war going? I'm a little out of touch since I never go to highsec. Are we broke, dead, defeated or whatever the metric for victory is yet?

We totes would be dead and sobbing in our cheerios but RvB exists as Schroedinger's ally, where Gevlon claims they're both a pet under the threat of death and also only an ally because we're paying them to be.

Any attempt to ascertain which is apparently impossible because reasons, but he's clear his plan is winning and we're going to all fall apart and fail any moment now.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#730 - 2014-01-23 19:36:47 UTC
If this all strikes you as somewhat convenient post-hoc weasel worded logic, then you really shouldn't be surprised.

Remember TEST are invincible because of their donations board they use every day and is valued by all members.

Louis Robichaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#731 - 2014-01-23 22:16:30 UTC
If Gevlon was smart he would take the bet, even if he expects to lose, to give him and his lemmings a chance of blowing up at least one poco....

Del DelVechio
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#732 - 2014-01-23 22:19:23 UTC
Louis Robichaud wrote:
If Gevlon was smart he would take the bet, even if he expects to lose, to give him and his lemmings a chance of blowing up at least one poco....

The random "victory metric" meter hasn't spit out the latest objective of the war yet. Have to polish the Magic 8 ball first....

Del
Sol epoch
HELVEGEN
#733 - 2014-01-23 22:39:31 UTC
Del DelVechio wrote:
Louis Robichaud wrote:

The random "victory metric" meter hasn't spit out the latest objective of the war yet. Have to polish the Magic 8 ball first....

Del

Goons seem so worried from being blindsided lol
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#734 - 2014-01-24 13:43:08 UTC
Goons weren't bothered about me blowing up rookie ships on the Jita undock so I went to null to shoot them and their pets Pirate

I had fun so far. I hope Lemmings and Goons are still having fun too Big smile I would love to see more of Lemmings stuff in null!
Usman Bello
United States of Winning
#735 - 2014-01-24 15:43:51 UTC
The recent 700m pod kill made me laugh. Has the poor chap already handed over the same amount in fines to his RvB leadership? It would be quite a shame, if he would lose his privilege to explode so that goonies can continue to line their pockets. LolLol

Professor Clio
Apocalypse Lancers
#736 - 2014-01-24 16:07:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Professor Clio
Usman Bello wrote:
The recent 700m pod kill made me laugh. Has the poor chap already handed over the same amount in fines to his RvB leadership? It would be quite a shame, if he would lose his privilege to explode so that goonies can continue to line their pockets. LolLol

If it was in jita, and didn't happen as part of a wartarget fleet he will need to, yes. I call it a tax on the stupid and the illiterate. It quite clearly says in our welcome mail, corp bulletins, all our in game channels' MOTDs, and forums that no one should go to jita and feed the campers. Its a very effective rule. We've probably lost a few people because of it but we've lost a lot fewer than if the never ending stream of facepalming pod losses we used to incur before it was still going on.

Edit: credit where it is due, the jita campers are very good at killing expensive pods. Keeping people from going to jita (there's no need to since you can remote buy and remote courrier contract straight from the RvB HQs without even undocking) is the most effective way we have to fight back against the station huggers, it sounds cold but its simple calculations really. Some people take it as a lesson in eve and become better RvBers for it. The ones that leave in a rage because of it, well... good riddence.
Usman Bello
United States of Winning
#737 - 2014-01-24 16:37:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Usman Bello
Professor Clio wrote:
Usman Bello wrote:

If it was in jita, and didn't happen as part of a wartarget fleet he will need to, yes. I call it a tax on the stupid and the illiterate. It quite clearly says in our welcome mail, corp bulletins, all our in game channels' MOTDs, and forums that no one should go to jita and feed the campers. Its a very effective rule. We've probably lost a few people because of it but we've lost a lot fewer than if the never ending stream of facepalming pod losses we used to incur before it was still going on.

Edit: credit where it is due, the jita campers are very good at killing expensive pods. Keeping people from going to jita (there's no need to since you can remote buy and remote courrier contract straight from the RvB HQs without even undocking) is the most effective way we have to fight back against the station huggers, it sounds cold but its simple calculations really. Some people take it as a lesson in eve and become better RvBers for it. The ones that leave in a rage because of it, well... good riddence.

Personally I find it overly harsh. Getting podded and losing so dearly should teach them enough already. But if you think it is in an effective way to manipulate killboards in your favor, who am I to question this?

In the end if he wants to risk such amounts on implants and most likely has the ISKs to afford it, it's his own cup of tea. Calling your own pilots stupid and illiterate makes you sound like a goon meanie btw. I would rather hear you pledge to avenge his death! Blink

Davish Krail
#738 - 2014-01-24 16:57:22 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
Goons weren't bothered about me blowing up rookie ships on the Jita undock so I went to null to shoot them and their pets Pirate

I had fun so far. I hope Lemmings and Goons are still having fun too Big smile I would love to see more of Lemmings stuff in null!

Mordus Angels is pretty terrible though, but if you find it fun then :shrug:

Domineren
Knights Of the Ruined Empire
#739 - 2014-01-24 17:25:36 UTC
Professor Clio wrote:
Usman Bello wrote:

+1 i like that policy

Senn Denroth - Highsec PVP is only for the elite of the elite....

Ex-Rebirth....and miner.  Fight me.

Louis Robichaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#740 - 2014-01-24 21:36:42 UTC
Usman Bello wrote:
Professor Clio wrote:
Usman Bello wrote:

Personally I find it overly harsh. Getting podded and losing so dearly should teach them enough already. But if you think it is in an effective way to manipulate killboards in your favor, who am I to question this?

In the end if he wants to risk such amounts on implants and most likely has the ISKs to afford it, it's his own cup of tea. Calling your own pilots stupid and illiterate makes you sound like a goon meanie btw. I would rather hear you pledge to avenge his death! Blink

We already did. A marmite neutral booster, ship+pod almost a bil, and about 50 gallons of tears on top of it.