These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Battle Orca

Author
Pidgeon Saissore
Tyrant's
Short Bus Syndicate
#1 - 2011-11-25 01:25:07 UTC
An orca is unique in that it has a mintinance bay and can still use stargates. This makes it ideal for supporting frigate fleets that take casulties. Since an orca itslf is set for mining it has a list of skill reqirements not preferred by combat pilots. I request a ship or one of each race be made with that in mind. For requirements it would be a step above command ships.
Pappy McGee
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-11-25 01:32:57 UTC
You, my dear, are lacking in both creativity and inspiration. Or perhaps just the ability to visit Battleclinic.

Behold, the various variations upon the Battle Orca!

Battle Orca 1

Battle Orca 2

Battle Orca 3

Enjoy!
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#3 - 2011-11-25 05:24:39 UTC
Pappy McGee wrote:
You, my dear, are lacking in both creativity and inspiration. Or perhaps just the ability to visit Battleclinic.

Behold, the various variations upon the Battle Orca!

Battle Orca 2

Enjoy!

I especially love the second one. That just screams out "I'm a QQ-jerker that jerks your chain like a jerk".

Adapt or Die

Rhianna Ghost
Ghost Industries Inc.
#4 - 2011-11-25 06:40:14 UTC
Oh you dear posters, you lack the ability to get the point of the OP. Let me highlight it for you:

Pidgeon Saissore wrote:
An orca is unique in that it has a mintinance bay and can still use stargates. This makes it ideal for supporting frigate fleets that take casulties. Since an orca itslf is set for mining it has a list of skill reqirements not preferred by combat pilots. I request a ship or one of each race be made with that in mind. For requirements it would be a step above command ships.

And I like that idea, even though my alt is able to fly an Orca since a few days.
Pidgeon Saissore
Tyrant's
Short Bus Syndicate
#5 - 2011-12-04 09:37:29 UTC
The point is in having a maintinance bay without all the mining skills that arent relevant to combat roaming. Essentially the idea would be making the combat command ships much larger without any additional combat value in favor of ship maintinance. If it would be capable of having guns at all it could be limited to mediums or make it have bonuses to smartbombs with no turret slots. On it's own it would be substantially weaker then a battleship though as a small capital would still have large ammounts of hp. For skills it would be (racial?) flagship following the command ship line and racial battleship. Like orcas and freighters it would have no jump drive and be capable of using stargates as its purpose would be taken by carriers if it needed a cyno.
Tasiv Deka
Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.
Kybernauts Clade
#6 - 2011-12-04 09:51:34 UTC
actually thinking of something simillar for lowsec exploration as a support ship will be using an orca to try and work out an idea

Oh, Do go on... no seriously ive got nothing better to do then listen to all the petty arguments and feeble trolling attempts... 

The sad thing is i'm not sure if i'm telling the truth.