These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1281 - 2014-01-23 13:29:16 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
So, if a goon rats in the middle of goon held space with virtually no risk whatsoever, he should get virtually no isk/hr?

This is what I was thinking on my way to work Jo Jeff. Blink

People who run missions in EMpire Space receive money from mission agents belonging to corporations loyal to one of the four main Empire Factions. We can run these missions in an endless stream of risk-free ISK and LP.

My question, is what are the null sec empires doing to motivate people to destroy their enemies. Imagine if the leadership of one of these mega-alliance coalitions offered bounties for KMs for their enemies.

That seems like a whole lot of win to me.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1282 - 2014-01-23 13:38:40 UTC
Quote:
There are many players in EVE that would be happy to take the risk of venturing into nullsec, lowsec and WH space if the rewards were more worthwhile.

Bingo.

Some of the most fun parts of the game are eclipsed by highsec. This is not a good thing, not for long term subscriber retention, and not for new players either.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1283 - 2014-01-23 13:42:40 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
So, if a goon rats in the middle of goon held space with virtually no risk whatsoever, he should get virtually no isk/hr?

People who run missions in EMpire Space receive money from mission agents belonging to corporations loyal to one of the four main Empire Factions. We can run these missions in an endless stream of risk-free ISK and LP.

My question, is what are the null sec empires doing to motivate people to destroy their enemies. Imagine if the leadership of one of these mega-alliance coalitions offered bounties for KMs for their enemies.

Perhaps give corporations the ability to add other corps to a list. Kills from this list will pay isk to those who did the kill.

X amount for a frigate
Y amount for a cruiser
Z amount for a destroyer
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1284 - 2014-01-23 13:43:58 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Perhaps give corporations the ability to add other corps to a list. Kills from this list will pay isk to those who did the kill.

X amount for a frigate
Y amount for a cruiser
Z amount for a destroyer

Or, you just give people the ability to wardec NPC corps in exchange for being locked out of that corp's stations.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Josef Djugashvilis
#1285 - 2014-01-23 13:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Risk is relative.

A new player doing lvl 4 missions in their brand spanking new BS which they have just about enough skills to fly, is taking a large risk.

A player running a max skilled ratting ship, ratting in the middle of his alliance space is not really taking any risk at all.

This is not a signature.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1286 - 2014-01-23 13:49:49 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Or, you just give people the ability to wardec NPC corps in exchange for being locked out of that corp's stations.

Two posts above you said "Some of the most fun parts of the game are eclipsed by highsec. This is not a good thing, not for long term subscriber retention, and not for new players either."

Do you believe war dec'ing NPC corp players and locking them out of stations is good retention?

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1287 - 2014-01-23 13:54:59 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Two posts above you said "Some of the most fun parts of the game are eclipsed by highsec. This is not a good thing, not for long term subscriber retention, and not for new players either."

Do you believe war dec'ing NPC corp players and locking them out of stations is good retention?

I think it's a way to actually interact with other players. More than currently is allowed, in any case.

And it wouldn't be locking other people out of stations, you'd be locking yourself out, in exchange for deccing the NPC corp.

Once again however, just a suggestion. Highsec needs to be less safe, this is my preferred option instead of actually nerfing their income.

Because as much of the problem as their income, is the almost zero losses taken while doing so.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1288 - 2014-01-23 13:55:06 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

He's not talking about locking those players out of stations.

He is sayiing WarDecsRUs wardecs Perkone.

During the time of that war WarDecsRUs pilots can not dock in Perkone stations.

Perkone corp players can still dock wherever they want.

And would just stayed docked until the war was over. They are, after all, not interested in asshattery or as others would label them, risk averse.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#1289 - 2014-01-23 13:57:43 UTC
sure, let people wardec the scope.

quite why you'd want to wardec the entire gallente federation for cash when you could simply join the caldari militia for free i don't know.

or, in other words, what a silly idea.

forums.  serious business.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1290 - 2014-01-23 14:00:51 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

quite why you'd want to wardec the entire gallente federation for cash when you could simply join the caldari militia for free i don't know.

Personally, I think CCP should just remove the Gallente from the game completely. They all suck.

For the State!!

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#1291 - 2014-01-23 14:02:31 UTC
FRANCE IS FREEDOM

forums.  serious business.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1292 - 2014-01-23 14:02:59 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

This idea was mostly an outgrowth of what I see as the general failure of the faction warfare and militia systems in general. If there's anything genuinely broken in this game, it's that.

Best Meltdown Ever.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1293 - 2014-01-23 14:50:45 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

I think it's a way to actually interact with other players. More than currently is allowed, in any case.

And it wouldn't be locking other people out of stations, you'd be locking yourself out, in exchange for deccing the NPC corp.

Once again however, just a suggestion. Highsec needs to be less safe, this is my preferred option instead of actually nerfing their income.

Because as much of the problem as their income, is the almost zero losses taken while doing so.

Sorry, misunderstood the locking out of players. But, I still think that giving players the ability to war dec NPC corps would not be good for retention.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1294 - 2014-01-23 14:52:24 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Sorry, misunderstood the locking out of players. But, I still think that giving players the ability to war dec NPC corps would not be good for retention.

Quote:

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1295 - 2014-01-23 15:14:57 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

In the interest of fairness man I have the ask the same question. I ask true carebears, who demand that high sec be made "safer", how much "safer" should it be?

In other words, if high sec residents are losing a ship on average every 3 months, should they, under your "safer" mandate, lose one every 6 months? 12? 24? At what point is is safe enough?

Remarkably, I've yet to get an answer to that question.

But, again in the interest of fairness, how much "less safe" does High sec need to be? If high sec residents are losing a ship on average every 3 months, should they, under your "less safe" mandate lose a ship once a month, a week, a day? How much "less safe" does it need to be?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1296 - 2014-01-23 15:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Kimmi Chan wrote:

But, again in the interest of fairness, how much "less safe" does High sec need to be? If high sec residents are losing a ship on average every 3 months, should they, under your "less safe" mandate lose a ship once a month, a week, a day? How much "less safe" does it need to be?

As often as more than 1 of the following are true:

• Someone decides to kill them and has the ship and skills to do so.

• They are flying a bling ship.

• They haven't died in a long while.

• They are carrying too much cargo.

• They have made someone else mad enough at them to do something about it.

• And if this is true:

• They fail to see to their own defense.

Then they should die.

It's not some kind of averaged out amount of losses per month, or some isk value, or whatever. It's not measurable, it's conditional.

Too often is blissfully ignorant safety the status quo.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#1297 - 2014-01-23 15:42:45 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

calmil can only shoot galmil
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1298 - 2014-01-23 15:43:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
As often as more than 1 of the following are true:

• Someone decides to kill them and has the ship and skills to do so.

• They are flying a bling ship.

• They haven't died in a long while.

• They are carrying too much cargo.

• They have made someone else mad enough at them to do something about it.

• And if this is true:

• They fail to see to their own defense.

Then they should die.

It's not some kind of averaged out amount of losses per month, or some isk value, or whatever. It's not measurable, it's conditional.

Too often is blissfully ignorant safety the status quo.

All of the above conditions already exist. If anyone is "blissfully ignorant" you should shoot and kill them. What is stopping you? LOL

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1299 - 2014-01-23 15:45:33 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

All of the above conditions already exist. If anyone is "blissfully ignorant" you should shoot and kill them. What is stopping you? LOL

My point is that a mechanic exists that prevent those conditions from causing death as often as it should. The main intended way to circumvent that mechanic, wardecs, is toothless since you dodge a dec for a pitiful amount of isk.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#1300 - 2014-01-23 15:50:22 UTC
Being able to wardec NPC corps is a bad idea, Kaarous. But there should be actual downsides for being in an NPC corp instead of the lame 10% bounties tax. Also, being in a player corp should have actual upsides for mission runners, miners or producers. At the moment the only reason for a PVE character to be in corp is if they live in a wormhole or if they research.

It's not ureasonable to leave a character in NPC corp because the game offers no reason to take it out. unless to a one-man folding taxdodge corp for mission runners. This is a fault in the game, people can't be blamed for doing the best they can.