These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Safirah
Perkone
#1261 - 2014-01-23 11:09:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Safirah
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1262 - 2014-01-23 11:17:29 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

No amount of nerfing high sec changes the dynamic of dicking around with dipshits. If anything it just puts more dipshits in Null and for those of use not interested in ISK/hr or dicking around with dipshits it makes Null no more desirable.

The only reason we are in high sec is because thats where the isk is.

Nerfing high sec income would make null more desirable to go to and we would go there.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1263 - 2014-01-23 11:17:40 UTC
Safirah wrote:
You want PVP play eve online , if you want PVE play something else. safely pve died in this game .

play star citizen instead for PVE

1. No

2. You're in the wrong thread. This thread is about nerfing high sec not removing PVE.

You're telling people they're playing the wrong game and you can't post in the right thread?

Try to stay on topic.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1264 - 2014-01-23 11:21:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

No amount of nerfing high sec changes the dynamic of dicking around with dipshits. If anything it just puts more dipshits in Null and for those of use not interested in ISK/hr or dicking around with dipshits it makes Null no more desirable.

Nerfing high sec income would make null more desirable to go to and we would go there.

Baltec - It's not about the ISK. You said it yourself.

baltec1 in this very thread wrote:
No it wont. But it will make it more viable.

The goal isnt to make more isk, it to make null desirable to go to.

You want to make null more desirable FOR YOU. Not for anyone else - only for YOU.

There is no place for these people out in null right now so they are useless to us. When they become useful to us then we will take them in.

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1265 - 2014-01-23 11:30:50 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

No you wont. You will stay and do as you have always done.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1266 - 2014-01-23 11:39:46 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Baltec - It's not about the ISK. You said it yourself.

You want to make null more desirable FOR YOU. Not for anyone else - only for YOU.

There is no place for these people out in null right now so they are useless to us. When they become useful to us then we will take them in.

Stop misquoting me.

You are taking a lot of my quotes and using them out of context which is only making you look foolish.

If null sec offers us better income than high sec then we will be in null sec. Right now it does not so we are where the best income is located.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1267 - 2014-01-23 11:40:55 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:

We go where the isk is. We used to live in null but because high sec offers better isk we moved there. Its as simple as that.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1268 - 2014-01-23 11:42:24 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Stop misquoting me.

You are taking a lot of my quotes and using them out of context which is only making you look foolish.

If null sec offers us better income than high sec then we will be in null sec. Right now it does not so we are where the best income is located.

So it is about ISK.

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1269 - 2014-01-23 11:46:56 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Stop misquoting me.

So it is about ISK.

baltec1 wrote:

I am as confused as you are.....
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1270 - 2014-01-23 11:51:36 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Its very simple.

Nerf high sec income to below null sec levels and null sec becomes the best place to go to because thats where the best isk is.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#1271 - 2014-01-23 11:58:50 UTC
nullsec has the best LP and LP per ISK already

http://www.evedata.org/iskPerLP.cgi?corp=Serpentis+Corporation

http://www.evedata.org/iskPerLP.cgi?corp=Sisters+of+EVE

and that's without considering food relief or blueprints, just basic items.

forums.  serious business.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1272 - 2014-01-23 11:59:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Its very simple.

Nerf high sec income to below null sec levels and null sec becomes the best place to go to because thats where the best isk is.

Baltec, how many people can the average Null system sustain in terms of PvE content such as anoms and sanctums (never lived in Null so I am admittedly ignorant on this subject)?

ZynnLee Akkori
Perkone
Caldari State
#1273 - 2014-01-23 12:15:41 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

We go where the isk is. We used to live in null but because high sec offers better isk we moved there. Its as simple as that.

Wait. I thought this was a game about shooting spaceships? The miner carebears also just want to make as much isk as they can, but apparently it's not okay for them to do so. Miners have to fit inefficiently and suffer a loss in isk generation. !!HTFU!!

• You want to live in Null and be able to make at least as good money as in highsec (let's leave aside the argument that null is already better ISK).
  • Miners want to fit their ship completely for mining.
  • You feel forced to live in highsec for the ISK.
  • Some miners feel forced to fit tanks.

Double-standard? I propose you !!HTFU!! and go shoot some internet spaceships and stop whining!! Lol
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1274 - 2014-01-23 12:26:03 UTC
ZynnLee Akkori wrote:
Wait. I thought this was a game about shooting spaceships? The miner carebears also just want to make as much isk as they can, but apparently it's not okay for them to do so. Miners have to fit inefficiently and suffer a loss in isk generation. !!HTFU!!

• You want to live in Null and be able to make at least as good money as in highsec (let's leave aside the argument that null is already better ISK).
  • Miners want to fit their ship completely for mining.
  • You feel forced to live in highsec for the ISK.
  • Some miners feel forced to fit tanks.

Double-standard? I propose you !!HTFU!! and go shoot some internet spaceships and stop whining!! Lol

Not really constructive - also anyone flying in space should fit a tank to defend themselves. Not because of ISK but because well, you know, people are going to shoot at you. Blink

Diamond Zerg
Taking Solo Away.
#1275 - 2014-01-23 12:34:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Diamond Zerg
Guys, don't be mean to Baltec, he has a good point.

There are many players in EVE that would be happy to take the risk of venturing into nullsec, lowsec and WH space if the rewards were more worthwhile.

At the moment however, level 4s in hisec are just way too profitable, as the risk is so low and there is so little downtime.

Furthermore, hisec level 4s can be easily botted/ISBOXED— these things are much harder outside of hisec.
Hi.
ZynnLee Akkori
Perkone
Caldari State
#1276 - 2014-01-23 12:35:17 UTC
That's true, and I am actually one of them. Still, the irony...........
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1277 - 2014-01-23 12:36:56 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
Guys, don't be mean to Baltec, he has a good point.

There are many players in EVE that would be happy to take the risk of venturing into nullsec if the rewards were more worthwhile.

I don't disagree that he has a valid and reasonable concern. I take issue with the proposed solution, vague as it is, and the end result.

Don't you have some warlording to do? Blink

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1278 - 2014-01-23 12:57:59 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Its very simple.

The level should be LS isk/hr + a risk % = HS isk/hr

They should be equal if you account for the added risk. That way people are free to choose where to go.

Though this still does not solve the way the big NS alliances have been/are treating people.
Josef Djugashvilis
#1279 - 2014-01-23 13:21:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Kira Enomoto wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Its very simple.

They should be equal if you account for the added risk. That way people are free to choose where to go.

Though this still does not solve the way the big NS alliances have been/are treating people.

So, if a goon rats in the middle of goon held space with virtually no risk whatsoever, he should get virtually no isk/hr?

This is not a signature.

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1280 - 2014-01-23 13:28:10 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Its very simple.

So, if a goon rats in the middle of goon held space with virtually no risk whatsoever, he should get virtually no isk/hr?

Are you asking a serious question.....?Shocked