These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for ideal mining fleet protection BC/BS Fit

Author
Rhaeghar Rendhammer
Rend Industrial Dynamics Inc.
#1 - 2014-01-23 09:13:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhaeghar Rendhammer
I'm looking for a good fit for either a Naga, Raven, or Rokh that is oriented to protecting an Orca and the rest of a small mining fleet against nullsec rats and also as something that can give the Orca and fleet time to warp away.

I'm just about to be flying Caldari Battleships, so I won't quite be able to run these fits you guys suggest just yet, but I would like the best fits for whichever of those 3 ships that would work best for protecting a small mining fleet. I will then plan my few days of training accordingly.

Thanks in advance!
Boudacca Sangrere
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-01-23 11:22:15 UTC
I would suggest a Command ship. Has enough dps and tank to easily get rid of the rats, plus with the right links it will provide better shield for your miners and better agility (to warp away faster).

B.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#3 - 2014-01-23 12:57:29 UTC
scorpion. can kill any dictors landing on field, jam out scram/intys/dps and prpbably kill rats evenually. might fit with RHM to burst down hic/dics. can fit web to help web orca off field. is cheap or at least cheaper than an orca + mining fleet.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2014-01-23 13:46:15 UTC
Bait skiff with a cyno would be my best recommended solution.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-01-23 15:00:50 UTC
Froggy Storm wrote:
Bait skiff with a cyno would be my best recommended solution.

this. and 50 supers for maximum overkill.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Rhaeghar Rendhammer
#6 - 2014-01-23 16:34:46 UTC
Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I tried to edit my first post but it wouldnt let me, I also intend to give orca and barges enough time to jump away if gankers roll in. Would the same recommendations hold true?
Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#7 - 2014-01-23 17:17:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Rovinia
I think what you need is a Falcons cloaked beside your Miningfleet. They can prevent the enemy Playerships to point your Barges while trying warping away. And can stay undetected. Until you can fly them, use a Scorpion like Anize Oramara said.

The battleships you mentioned are only in danger to get ganked themselfe if they stay on grid if someone trys to gank you. Use it to get rid of the rats, but if gankers attack you, warp away with the rest of your fleet.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#8 - 2014-01-23 18:02:15 UTC
The Onyx might work well. It tanks like a boss and can spit missiles out to 70KM or so. When trained up, it gets a 30KM point as a bonus, or a bubble.
Except for the Scorpion idea, I don't think battleships are a good option. Not very mobile...

Your miners should carry their own drones somewhat, so they can help kill rats. Rats aren't the real problem.

Scouts in neighboring systems, and some strategically placed bubbles will help you all live.
Rhaeghar Rendhammer
#9 - 2014-01-23 19:01:05 UTC
50 days or so of skill training for a Falcon :/

I don't intend to stick around in a diamond encrusted hull when the miners jump away, just to give them enough time to get out of there, then run after them.
Sorao Soreen
Profit to burn
#10 - 2014-01-23 19:28:19 UTC
Score is going to have a nightmare of a time trying to lock up a center or other small tackle by time u locked it the fleet will be on u