These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Problem with PVE content in the drone regions

First post
Author
Freeman058
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-01-20 11:06:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Freeman058
Dear ССP, I propose to analyze the situation on the PVE content in the drone regions.

• After the transition to the bounty, wrecks NPC modules not falling!
  • Yield of of the complexes requires rebalance!
  • Expedition (10/10) generally stopped falling after passing hords and patrols!
  • So far, the game has no single officer module with drones, although they have been announced!
Rhatar Khurin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-01-20 11:10:11 UTC
I am pretty sure there are officer mods that drop from drones. At least i swear i have seen them for sale
Kryptik Kai
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2014-01-20 11:11:26 UTC
Super Secret Pirates?

"Shiny.  Lets be bad guys." -Jayne Cobb

Freeman058
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-01-20 11:23:30 UTC
Kryptik Kai wrote:
Super Secret Pirates?

thx
General Yazimi
Nexus Incorporated
#5 - 2014-01-20 16:51:04 UTC
Do some research, and find the answers to your very own questions. It's almost magic, also, works with other things in life too. This first one was for free, my next advice will cost you.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#6 - 2014-01-20 20:10:59 UTC
Every continent has a wasteland, a desert. Drone regions are no different. Don't like the drone regions? Move.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#7 - 2014-01-20 21:22:40 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Every continent has a wasteland, a desert. Drone regions are no different. Don't like the drone regions? Move.

::effort::

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-01-20 21:27:05 UTC
The issue is i think that drones dont really have their own space like sansha's have so nobody really knows where to farm the officer spawns in belts. Thats the main issue here and changing regular SOV space into NPC space would cause grief. The only option would be to add new systems in the drone region which cannot be claimed due to heavy presance from the NPC's there.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#9 - 2014-01-20 22:34:12 UTC
Whilst I think I agree with some things the OP said, I would like them to stop overusing the exclamation mark!

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Fedaykin055
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2014-01-21 02:49:03 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:
The issue is i think that drones dont really have their own space like sansha's have so nobody really knows where to farm the officer spawns in belts. Thats the main issue here and changing regular SOV space into NPC space would cause grief. The only option would be to add new systems in the drone region which cannot be claimed due to heavy presance from the NPC's there.

I asked CCP about NPC sov for drones during one of their Q&A and i was told due to the lore drones aren't gonna receive npc sov.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-01-21 03:22:04 UTC
Main problem is CCP not keeping their promise to implement a loot table for Rogue Drones after the removal of Alloys and Compounds.

Guess the question is what type of loot should be entered into their loot table? Since Rogue Drones are everywhere, their loot table should be a random mix of all types of loot, including Empire and Pirate Factions as well.

That would definitely entice players to run Rogue Drone Exploration sites.

DMC

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#12 - 2014-01-21 03:32:04 UTC
Rhatar Khurin wrote:
I am pretty sure there are officer mods that drop from drones. At least i swear i have seen them for sale

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

CCP said they were going to make them, but I've yet to any evidence that these things were ever actually added to the game. But then we all know that CCP's long-term plan is to just eliminate drones entirely, so adding anything new that helps them is never going to happen.

Sucks, I know. Cry

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Wyn Pharoh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-01-21 05:38:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyn Pharoh
Since the Officers only spawn in belts, I considered chaining belts and building a loot table. Then I took my medication and realized what a terrible waste of time that was going to be. A few corpies have ran into them but no one has reported anything of note.

I've proposed elsewhere that CCP just insert random empire loot directly into a loot table, and it could even be lore supported by something like an report from Concord on the mysterious lack of alloys prompting the increase in bounties, with some veiled suggestion that Drones have started replicating/hoarding Empire 'like' parts, while CCP gets on with a new Drone Loot table in the background. This would be a PERFECT opportunity for CCP to reduce the bounty isk faucet and free up some isk faucet 'space' for a better ESS unit :)
Dior Rellik
NERFSQUAD
#14 - 2014-01-21 05:50:17 UTC
Didn't the old DRF peeps constantly whine about the drone lands, and whilst all the time their people were building and selling a **** tonne of caps etc to PL & Co, no doubt making stupendous amounts of isk.

So Whilst the pets may struggle to get by, the landlords are making a mint! As other have said, don't like it, Join an entity with good space man otherwise you'll have to wait for the new drone region forces to grow some balls and try moving on to better space.
Freeman058
Doomheim
#15 - 2014-01-21 07:22:13 UTC
Ptraci wrote:

If you have nothing to say on the merits, Move to another topic
Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-01-21 09:46:39 UTC
I use to live in drone space. Gun mining was just as profitable as running Havens and sanctums. CCP implamented changes before everything was ready to satisfy the empire care bear miners. the vast majority of what was gun mined out there was used in production of ships and other various bits. somethings bought in empire to finish production.

But now i am Happy i am no longer in the drone lands. The only way to make any isk over there is to mine mine mine. the usuall ABC ores. yeah I have to agree that the changes made in drone lands are fail.

Good troll CCP
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#17 - 2014-01-21 10:20:08 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#18 - 2014-01-21 11:49:59 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Main problem is CCP not keeping their promise to implement a loot table for Rogue Drones after the removal of Alloys and Compounds.

Guess the question is what type of loot should be entered into their loot table? Since Rogue Drones are everywhere, their loot table should be a random mix of all types of loot, including Empire and Pirate Factions as well.

That would definitely entice players to run Rogue Drone Exploration sites.

DMC

QFT - nobody runs Rogue Drone Exploration sites unless they're bored and can't find anything better
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#19 - 2014-01-21 13:32:22 UTC
Freeman058 wrote:
Dear ССP, I propose to analyze the situation on the PVE content in the drone regions.

How about just stop trying to play in the drone regions?

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Rainbow Dash
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#20 - 2014-01-21 14:28:19 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Rhatar Khurin wrote:

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

CCP said they were going to make them, but I've yet to any evidence that these things were ever actually added to the game. But then we all know that CCP's long-term plan is to just eliminate drones entirely, so adding anything new that helps them is never going to happen.

Sucks, I know. Cry

You probably are just
really
bad
at
searching
then

No one belt rats anymore, which is why you rarely see drone officer mods.
12Next page