These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

HED-GP aftermath... CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION

First post
Author
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#41 - 2014-01-19 23:21:20 UTC
I can never tell if OP in these these kind of threads is trolling or just flat out stupid.
Azami Nevinyrall
#42 - 2014-01-19 23:39:25 UTC
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Doji Okakura
#43 - 2014-01-19 23:48:03 UTC
Coby Ascent wrote:
I and many my friends cancel subscription...

Can all of us who don't give a **** about sov and the idiots who live there keep playing?
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-01-20 00:08:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
http://eve-search.com/thread/816929 comes to mind…

Quote:
SUSPEND ACCT!!!
I cant log in at all anymore.Will not pay for something i cant play!
Super angry and dissapointed..
4 mo. of this i think i have been more than patient!Evil or Very Mad

ShockedLolLol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2014-01-20 00:09:32 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Coby Ascent wrote:
I and many my friends cancel subscription after 10hour of lags at hed-gp. Sov mehanics is broken.

This might be effective if a large number of nullsec players do it for a set period, ie a month. No need to quit entirely, particularly if you enjoy the game and want to see it fixed. A vicious jab where it hurts, right at the profit and loss statement.
I like your spirit! :D

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#46 - 2014-01-20 00:12:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
Look at the bright side, some things never change.

Five years ago, we had the "great war on lag". A thousand ships (1,000) in a battle, Black Screen of Death, "node death", disconnects up the frelling wazoo... "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh!" they screamed.

Five years later, more server power, some quasi-alchemical process of juggling server loads called TIDI and nearly four thousand ships (4,000) ships later... "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhh, grrrrrrrrrrr, argghhhhhhhhh!".

OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS ! ! ! ! !

EVE got bigger, and so have fleets.

So, really? What were you expecting ? A big cinegraphic fleet engagement extravaganza a la "Battle of Endor" ? Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#47 - 2014-01-20 00:14:11 UTC
So, instead of all thse "highly intelligent and skilled pvp'ers" in null coming up with actuall strategies and tactics that highly skilled and intelligent people would do that would allow them to get more done with less ships, they are just gonna take their ball and go home becuase the server can't handle the blob, the lowest form of warfare.

Null tears are best tears. yummy.

Oh, and here's you're ball, bye now.
Qsadish
Colour out of Space
#48 - 2014-01-20 00:27:31 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Coby Ascent wrote:
Sov mehanics is broken.

Sov mechanics have been broken for a little over 9 years now, how are you only finding out about this now?

RRRRRight

Who needs it anyway

Let's better have some more mobile structures
Sid Crash
#49 - 2014-01-20 00:28:32 UTC
"I jumped into a lagged out system which I knew would become even more lagged out, but I did it anyway. And now I'm whining about being lagged out".
Qsadish
Colour out of Space
#50 - 2014-01-20 00:33:29 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:

So, really? What were you expecting ? Roll

For example a game design decision limiting the number of participants at comfortable playable level

but wait...then CCP won't be able to boast in game media about unlimited massive battles blablabla sandbox blablabla records made of people involved blablabla
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-01-20 00:56:24 UTC
Snagletooth Johnson wrote:
So, instead of all thse "highly intelligent and skilled pvp'ers" in null coming up with actuall strategies and tactics that highly skilled and intelligent people would do that would allow them to get more done with less ships, they are just gonna take their ball and go home becuase the server can't handle the blob, the lowest form of warfare.

If you can get more done with less ships, you can get even more done with more of those ships.
That's just a fundamental truth of EVE.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#52 - 2014-01-20 01:03:41 UTC
Anyone who applauds someone leaving their game does not care if their game lives. Keep clapping until you realize you are the only one left in the room.
Vladimir Norkoff
Income Redistribution Service
#53 - 2014-01-20 01:09:08 UTC
Qsadish wrote:
For example a game design decision limiting the number of participants at comfortable playable level
Yeah cuz that totally would NOT be abuseable by the largest coalition in the game, and they would NEVER just flood a system up the max limit and then destroy everything with zero chance of anybody being able to stop them. Good plan! You have my vote for lead game designer!
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#54 - 2014-01-20 01:14:04 UTC
NS tears are so cute and tasty.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#55 - 2014-01-20 01:36:30 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Looks like once you get past a certain minimum number of pilots available, the meta-strategy moves from how you handle your fleet, to how fast you can *deploy* your fleet. As Nathan Bedford Forrest is reputed to have said "I got there first with the most men."

Yet, N3/PL left plenty of room so that CFC could get ships in. But no, they need to bring in 3 and 4 to 1.

Not something CFC would have done for N3/PL. No, they would have piled on the node so no one would be able to get anything in system.
Stasis Leak
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-01-20 01:41:25 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Oh, the people who are causing the node crashes are all leaving the game?

Well I suppose that's one way to solve the problem, aye?

Whatever works. Game will run a little better now, then.

And no, I don't want your stuff. I've got more interesting things to do than sit in a blob fleet 23/7. Like, I dunno, shoot at rocks or something. At least that never causes TiDi.

I don't remember anyone saying that the programmers and administrators are leaving CCP.
Where did you read that?
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#57 - 2014-01-20 01:42:01 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

If you can get more done with less ships, you can get even more done with more of those ships.

How's that working out for you goon.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2014-01-20 02:04:01 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

How's that working out for you goon.

Bringing a small enough amount of ships such that the node wouldn't have had the problems it did would have ensured our defeat in HED-GP just as much as the server instability itself did. The node might have held up better, but the outcome would have been then same.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Aiwha
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-01-20 02:07:25 UTC
N3 would be glad to offer you safe refuge for your stuff after you ragequit.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#60 - 2014-01-20 02:08:40 UTC
Coby Ascent wrote:
I and many my friends cancel subscription after 10hour of lags at hed-gp. Sov mehanics is broken. One is main futures does not work. TIDI is awful. bay bay CCP. EvilEvilEvil

http://clip2net.com/clip/m260604/1390118758-clip-126kb.jpg?nocache=1

http://imgur.com/d5B1wjT

Your an idiot bro. You knew it was going to be laggy, you knew you where going to get Welped, but yet you jumped in, CCP didnt make you jump in you did it on your own. stop whineing.