These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

eve fiction - ccp only?

Author
Silver Dagger Kondur
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-01-18 17:04:38 UTC
greets!

There is, of course, a forum section called "EVE Fiction."
It seems that that is for CCP-provided info only.

Is there a place here (forums.eveonline) for character back story or current adventure embellishment?

TIA
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-01-18 17:50:04 UTC
That is the correct forum, however trial accounts are restricted to posting in the New Citizens Q&A section.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#3 - 2014-01-18 20:04:42 UTC
The EVE fiction section is where you can post your own stories, ask questions about the lore, read others stories and so on.

However, im not quite sure thats what your looking for.
You might be looking for this section of the forum that is more RP oriented. Of course i can also have misunderstood your question completely.
Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#4 - 2014-01-18 22:04:19 UTC
Silver Dagger Kondur wrote:
greets!

There is, of course, a forum section called "EVE Fiction."
It seems that that is for CCP-provided info only.

Is there a place here (forums.eveonline) for character back story or current adventure embellishment?

TIA
hmmmm... I'd say that if you want to be serious about it, get a wordpress site as many do here. Here is an example. Wordpress is free, you can download it and install it on your own website hosting. They offer some paid hosting at the wordpress site. And there are free levels of hosting at their site which is also a nice way to start. So basically, you would publish using wordpress, then cross post some of your articles in forums. I'm not sure about legal uses of linkage here to your own sites, but I used to keep a link to wordpress in my bio long ago.

—Ω—

Silver Dagger Kondur
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-01-19 17:33:08 UTC
Thanks, everyone!

I'd heard that EVE was a hostile, horrible place to game - but I keep finding folks like you, and others who are so helpful!

Thanks again!
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-01-19 17:58:03 UTC
You are correct, on both counts.
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#7 - 2014-01-19 23:24:06 UTC
Silver Dagger Kondur wrote:
Thanks, everyone!

I'd heard that EVE was a hostile, horrible place to game - but I keep finding folks like you, and others who are so helpful!

Thanks again!

Don't ever post in General Discussion or you will change your mind Big smile

As I am sure you have found the Fiction and Intergalactic Summit forums, I will simply point you in the direction of the in game, in character channel.

In game, click the speech bubble and type 'Intergalactic Summit' into it. (At least as far as I remember thats the channel, last time I slipped in there by mistake.) They will be able to point you in the right direction Big smile

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#8 - 2014-01-20 19:52:31 UTC

Best new player question ever. A clarification about prior research. Who said all the kids are entitled?

Yes, general discussion is about 9/10ths rancor and sarcasm.
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-01-20 20:18:58 UTC
Oh boy, here's another chance to plug some recent EVE fiction by the player community. The stories were submitted as entries to an EVE writing contest. Some good stuff there, check it out and leave the writers some feedback.

And while I'm spamming, I might as well plug last year's collection also.

Welcome, OP
Silver Dagger Kondur
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-01-26 16:08:59 UTC
ah-ha!

once again, thx for the posts!
and the warning about general discussion
and the super collection of writing (for the contests!)