These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#841 - 2014-01-15 02:19:37 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You didn't have any real credibility to begin with, but what little you had, just went poof.

That thing is one of the worst, bar none worst designed thing I have ever seen in the game.

Because you totally are able to say how credible I am :).
Given the continually negative crap you have been posting here along with Baltec1, all crying over how Nullsec is getting nerfed by any change. Without looking at possible positive sides. If no-one uses them, you are deliberately choosing to loose 5%. Rather than try and get your additional 5%.
Stop making up excuses for your own failings.

And we know that Nevyn hasn't read the changes all the way through yet.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#842 - 2014-01-15 02:20:57 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Doesn't that contradict the idea of it being a nerf?

The bounties are being reduced if you use it or not.

Whelp, this isn't referring to what I thought it was, as such, some reading needs done.

It gets better, if you have one up then your bounties drop to 80% and it only takes a minute to access and steal the isk. With there only being a handful of people ratting in each system its going to be easy to swipe the isk unless the owners have an alt in a nubship sitting there waiting to hit share the moment anyone enters local which is taking up someone's alt that could have been used for earning more isk.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#843 - 2014-01-15 02:28:39 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Doesn't that contradict the idea of it being a nerf?

The bounties are being reduced if you use it or not.

Whelp, this isn't referring to what I thought it was, as such, some reading needs done.

It gets better, if you have one up then your bounties drop to 80% and it only takes a minute to access and steal the isk. With there only being a handful of people ratting in each system its going to be easy to swipe the isk unless the owners have an alt in a nubship sitting there waiting to hit share the moment anyone enters local which is taking up someone's alt that could have been used for earning more isk.

It gets better than that.

The isk from the deployable?

Is in the form of "tags" in your cargo bay as best as I can tell. So even if you babysit it with a noobship they can just blap him and take it anyway.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#844 - 2014-01-15 02:33:15 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Is in the form of "tags" in your cargo bay as best as I can tell. So even if you babysit it with a noobship they can just blap him and take it anyway.

I don't even know how you cash those things in. I may have missed it in the dev blog.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#845 - 2014-01-15 02:36:07 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

I don't even know how you cash those things in. I may have missed it in the dev blog.

I couldn't figure it either, but then I read it at work with a multimeter in my hands, so I could have missed something.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#846 - 2014-01-15 02:36:47 UTC
Reading done, I'm at a loss as to the thinking behind this one.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#847 - 2014-01-15 02:39:34 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Sounds like NPC buy orders in faction navy stations.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#848 - 2014-01-15 02:59:45 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Sounds like NPC buy orders in faction navy stations.

That could be problematic for some.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#849 - 2014-01-15 03:13:22 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

So it's not hard enough to live in null, CCP should definitely make it harder.

If nullsec is soooo bad why do vast numbers of players pay the two major powerblocs tons of isk to rent? What?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#850 - 2014-01-15 03:18:32 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

If nullsec is soooo bad why do vast numbers of players pay the two major powerblocs tons of isk to rent? What?

how many is "vast numbers"? The whole of null sec was what, 11% of EVE characters and that sov alliannce members AND renters. Renters are not a real signifigant population in EVE. A look at dotlan of renter allainces (like the Goon's "co-prosperity sphere") wiill show you some relaly really small alliances.
PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#851 - 2014-01-15 03:20:36 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

how many is "vast numbers"? The whole of null sec was what, 11% of EVE characters and that sov alliannce members AND renters. Renters are not a real signifigant population in EVE. A look at dotlan of renter allainces (like the Goon's "co-prosperity sphere") wiill show you some relaly really small alliances.

But....if the space is soooo bad, why are people paying to live there? Why not just stay in hisec?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#852 - 2014-01-15 03:25:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

And now I know you didn't read the changes properly. Glass houses, stones, etc.
It's only in the forms of tags if you 'take all'. I.E. Steal from other ratters in the system. As long as you share it appears as instant isk in the wallet. (Though they do need to explain where those tags get cashed in I agree)

I'm not opposed to having this deployed upping the bounty reward to 110% or even 115% of what it is now overall as a note, given the risks you are taking. But whining about this as an automatic 5% nerf just isn't true, especially since a lot of your income is loot anyway, not pure bounty unlike high sec who hardly ever get loot worth talking about. Even as it stands you can get buffed income if you get it going right. Let alone with the small tweaks it should get.

Nor am I opposed to the structure at least having a reinforcement timer even if reinforcing it drops the bounties back down to 95%. That offsets the purchase price as it allows you to repair it rather than instant 30 million losses.

I'm not an 'anti null' player. I'm just not in favour of nerfs just because people are whining and think they are disadvantaged, but in reality are already at an advantage.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#853 - 2014-01-15 03:28:36 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Ask them. I don't have a ******* clue why they think they're getting a good deal out of it.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#854 - 2014-01-15 03:35:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

But....if the space is soooo bad, why are people paying to live there? Why not just stay in hisec?

You mena like "most people" lol.

You're seriously asking why a small portion of the population is choosing to live someplace and pay for it instead of asking why a much much larger share of that same population aren't chomping at the bit to get out there.

It's like seeing an apartment building with 100 apartments and 3 of them rented and saying "if this building sucks so much, why are their 3 families in there?" lol.

The answer is "because some people like it and get some benefit from it". But renting is simply not a popular activity, most rentable systems aren't rented as can be seen from various sources not the least of which is dotlan maps.
PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#855 - 2014-01-15 03:48:01 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

It's like seeing an apartment building with 100 apartments and 3 of them rented and saying "if this building sucks so much, why are their 3 families in there?" lol.

Northern Associates. - 4859 members
Brothers of Tangra - 5003 members
Greater Western Co-Prosperity Sphere - 2856 members

Those are 3 of the 4 largest alliances in the game. Your analogy just doesn't hold water. Why would 11% of eve choose to live in sov if it was total ****? Objectively, that just doesn't make sense.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#856 - 2014-01-15 05:42:40 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Those are 3 of the 4 largest alliances in the game. Your analogy just doesn't hold water. Why would 11% of eve choose to live in sov if it was total ****? Objectively, that just doesn't make sense.

Only if you ignore where people put the other 89%, sure. Why do you think so many of us have high sec, low sec (FW) and Wormhole pve alts? Who do you think we buy stuff in jita and ship it down rather than build stuff exclusivly where we live?

The problem isn't null sec sucking, it's that the rest of space has been buffed (or in the cas eof wormholes, 'added') while the last null sec buff (system upgrades scheme) was quickly nerfed soon after it's introduction. CCP just doesn't seem to be able to stick to the clear plan of how EVE is supposed to handle the risk/effort/reward balance.

i was off today and the family was out at work and school so i spent 4 hours doing SOE missions in Lanngisi, at the end of that I sold a bunch of sister's core probes and bought a plex (rather than wait for that accounts sub to lapse since in 2 weeks). I hate missions but you just can't beat that rate of return except high sec incursions of chaining FW lvl4 missions. If i'd use that same machariel in null sec anoms I might have cleared close to that much isk, but hell, WHY? I didn't even have to glance at local in lanngisi.

It's a broken situation, yet some people are in so much denial it's crazy.
Xol'tan
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#857 - 2014-01-15 05:53:44 UTC
daily bump...
PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#858 - 2014-01-15 06:01:06 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Jenn aSide wrote:

Only if you ignore where people put the other 89%, sure.

Well, lets actually take a look at the different regions of eve. There are 5 distinct regions: Hi sec, Low Sec, NPC 0.0, Sov, and WH space. If there was an even population distribution, we could expect to see 20% of the population living in each region.

But, an even population distribution is a bit unrealistic. People can be risk averse, people could be inexperienced, people can simply be uninterested in pvp. Fact of the matter is, its unlikely that hi sec will ever have less than 40% or 50% of the general population.

So lets assume, for simplicity, that we have 50% of the eve population to distribute over Low sec, Npc 0.0, Sov, and WH. An even distribution between these more dangerous zones would put the population in each at 12.5%. Current Sov population levels are at 11%? Hmmmm, doesn't look that far off tbh.

Jenn aSide wrote:

The problem isn't null sec sucking, it's that the rest of space has been buffed (or in the cas eof wormholes, 'added') while the last null sec buff (system upgrades scheme) was quickly nerfed soon after it's introduction.
It's a broken situation, yet some people are in so much denial it's crazy.

Wrong. Facwar (and therefore lowsec isk generation) has undergone at least one high profile nerf in the last two years. Hisec underwent both the incursion nerf (which was quite significant) and the meta 0 nerf which removed a considerable source of minerals from missions and therefore revenue. The probing changes didn't do any favors for level 5 lowsec missions and unscannable eccm tengus. Both the probing changes and meta 0 nerfs affected NPC 0.0 income as well, since pirate missions are a significant source of income for those areas.

Just because you are ignorant of nerfs to other types of space does NOT mean they didn't happen. The only one in denial here seems to be you.
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#859 - 2014-01-15 07:10:56 UTC
Obviously hisec is not broken.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Dave Stark
#860 - 2014-01-15 08:18:45 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

because it offers unique game mechanics people find fun regardless of being inferior in most other ways?
however having a unique game mechanic isn't a valid reason for the null sec to be **** to live in on a day to day basis.