These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

What do you do when....

Author
Kirikarasu
R3D SHIFT
#41 - 2014-01-13 22:12:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirikarasu
When I jump into a WH I always pray that I'll find a secret group of players that are thousands in number living in a network of WH's and planning the demise of the CFC with unlimited resources so I can join them.

Then I wake up and realize that GOONSWARM online will not end anytime soon and I go back to reality disappointed. =(
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#42 - 2014-01-13 22:20:54 UTC
If the WH dwellers are in another TZ and/or asleep I'll try my luck at running their sites for fun and profit. If they're awake and I'm bored insult them in local from a cloaked cov-ops.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#43 - 2014-01-13 22:25:29 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Some of you guys that avoid them should gather some friends

And that's where the plan breaks down

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#44 - 2014-01-13 23:05:53 UTC
The geographical location of my favourite system happens to be usefull for WH dwellers. I lived in one for a couple of months so I know how wspace guys think. If the connection happens to be your lowsec static you might wish to use it. I migt have interest in whatever you are transporting over it. Aside from that I'll PVE and PVP in them. I might scout it or jump in a combat ship and bait the locals into a fight. I'm already used to the idea of these random connections opening up and always consider them tactically. An interesting variable is their (warp) distance, and the possibility of hiding your numbers.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#45 - 2014-01-14 03:08:48 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
If the WH dwellers are in another TZ and/or asleep I'll try my luck at running their sites for fun and profit. If they're awake and I'm bored insult them in local from a cloaked cov-ops.

The smart ones won't bother to respond. On the other hand, you manage to get them stirred up, and it can be quite the Keystone Kops Kaper. Twisted

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Vervz
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-01-14 12:05:37 UTC
Grab a venture and steal all of your lovely gas.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#47 - 2014-01-14 12:07:37 UTC
Vervz wrote:
your lovely gas.

Woah there

Mental image alert

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Sul Glass
Fat Dragon Mining Co.
Darwinism.
#48 - 2014-01-14 12:29:11 UTC
Explorers motto : "Est semper stupri vermisforamen" (It's always a ******* wormwhole).

Impossible Solo. Sigh.

Sul.
Liafcipe9000
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#49 - 2014-01-14 12:31:37 UTC
i'm tackled in a wormhole, wat do?
Tebizla
#50 - 2014-01-14 14:54:01 UTC
I run the sites if I cannot find something to gank.

Obviously not a forum / spy / market alt ...

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#51 - 2014-01-14 19:10:45 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Chirjo Durruti wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
...you scan down a wormhole? I am curious to see how a non wormholer views my favorite part of Eve? Is it generally ignored? Do you sneak in and gank the guy not checking d-scan? Do you laugh at us idiots who don't have local?

DISCUSS!!

Jumping through to see what's on the other side, ofc.

Fastest way to die ever, might as well just type 'pod express' into your chat window.

Ironically when I moved into a wormhole (different character of course). We were trying to ge the hell out of high sec because there were a bunch of wartargets in system and we were moving an orca. Wormhole space felt a lot safer after the gate and station camping.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#52 - 2014-01-14 19:14:04 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
...you scan down a wormhole? I am curious to see how a non wormholer views my favorite part of Eve? Is it generally ignored? Do you sneak in and gank the guy not checking d-scan? Do you laugh at us idiots who don't have local?

DISCUSS!!

You first poke to see if its awake. Then you do the holy prober dance in respect to the great all mighty wormhole to gain access to said hole. If the wormhole rejects you its best to leave it alone. But if it does allow you in the rewards will be great t3s all over the place free poses bubbles and cloaky ships on the exit.

Blue

Notorious Fellon
#53 - 2014-01-14 19:56:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Notorious Fellon
Make WP
Poke my head in with a cloaky scanner.
Make WP
make multiple WP around hole
Make note of mass and time data
Launch bait probes. move them around a lot. Watch for noob response frig to show up.
Research pilot. Check corp/alliance data
Locate all POSes with scan
Warp to various sites, making notes on inhabitants, ships, etc.
Determine next steps based on intel.

Maybe raid the pocket (C1, C2)

Maybe take down a dead POS and claim it.

Maybe find a solo day-tripper or WH hermit and gank with other account.

Maybe use it as a relay to other K162 out.

Maybe just leave.

Keep notes in binder.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Notorious Felon
Corsair Cartel
#54 - 2014-01-14 20:01:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Notorious Felon
I never leave my wormhole.

Notorious Fellon wrote:
Make WP
*Still* love the handle.

Also: I'm watching as you arrive.
Notorious Fellon
#55 - 2014-01-14 20:09:53 UTC
Notorious Felon wrote:
I never leave my wormhole.

Notorious Fellon wrote:
Make WP
*Still* love the handle.

Also: I'm watching as you arrive.

I expect nothing less.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#56 - 2014-01-14 20:15:11 UTC
In null, I stick my head in down the chain for 3 or 4 jumps to see if there is anything to shoot at. In low sec i completely ignore it and hope to hell a wh alliance/corp comes out to pew low sec 'scrubs'.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#57 - 2014-01-15 01:25:16 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:

DISCUSS!!

When you find a K162
Know that someone knows about this hole too
And if you don't think and jump through
They might be there to gank you

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Previous page123