These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Improved Preview Tool for Ships, Stations, Gates etc.

Author
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#1 - 2014-01-13 02:08:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Siegfried Tahl
Hidden Items, Ships, etc. "Exploration"
Sleeper and Rogue Drone ship models viewable

Adding ^^ this two together came to an idea of improved preview tool. Like they did to Compare tool. Drop-down list to chose from Ships, Stations, Gates, Deployables, Player owned Structures/Stations, Modules... Rogue and Sleeper Drones too.

Arrow Arrow go to next/random item, drop-down list of skins for ships, Khanid, Carthum, Kaalakiota, Ishukone, Lai Dai, Duvolle, CreoDron, Boundless Creations etc., Pirate faction skins, and NPCs like EoM <- Black/Blue Amarr Battleships Rock!

Starting Rubicon 1.1 Stations will get new skins, already on Singularity. Someone made screens album here, so I went and made my own album how they look now. That raises another issue, a thing for improvement. Need left/right/up/down movement in preview, as objects turn around some point which is not always center point. Need adjustable lights or omni-lights.

PS: Siegfried Tahl ingame Bio -> station previewable links, rogue/sleeper drone info tabs
Brunhilde Tahl ingame Bio -> hidden ships previewable links
Vesan Terakol
Trollgrin Sadface
Dark Taboo
#2 - 2014-01-13 04:01:32 UTC
That's might be a nice addition for bored people to play with. Also, for your album - you might want to jump over to SiSi and redo it - v3 models are already up there and yours will be outdated rather soon.
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#3 - 2014-01-13 05:34:20 UTC
Yeeaah, bored. Idea Station spin counter should apply to preview window too! I'd have tens of thousand spins already Cool

Will redo both old and new stations in higher resolution later. Gotta save old Crucifier/Sentinel screens and model too, in case they replacing it with new one.
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#4 - 2014-01-14 02:33:30 UTC
So I did a new Stations comparison album http://imgur.com/a/XelBx

Some pics clearly show as i told before, need omni lights, need better controls in preview window. If I wasnt diggin DB files finding all station types would take much-much more time, still better had a list in preview window itself to choose objects to spin.

Notes:

• No Caldari Mining Station cause its the same as Military Station.
  • No Gallente Mining Station - forgot to take the pic. Roll
  • No Caldari Research Outpost - Deadspace LCS with the same name overrides it, link doesnt show right object.
  • Amarr and Minmatar Logistics Stations dont seem to exist.
  • Dark Amarr Station O seems to look the same after v3.
  • Jove Construct suddenly looks so awesome, are they preparing to use it?
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#5 - 2014-01-15 13:05:42 UTC
Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#6 - 2014-01-15 13:52:13 UTC
I support this! Always wanted to be able to spin all those models, specially Sleeper and Rogue drones.
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#7 - 2014-01-24 07:13:53 UTC
New capital wrecks in upcoming Rubicon 1.1 are not previewable from info tabs, icons only (on Sisi so far)

Need previews! As wrecks get salvaged, or deteriorate and vanish.

I only recently had a chance to see several capitals live, let alone wrecks.
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#8 - 2014-01-28 15:55:06 UTC
http://imgur.com/a/Ge7E9 So I took some screenshots of Info tabs of things like Station Ruins, Capital ship wrecks, Sleeper/Rogue Drones.

They Need Previews! Icons not enough!