These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Very serious danger for all people who like to do missions in faction ships

First post
Author
Si1viu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-01-13 09:44:44 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
For all people who do missions, you need to avoid a great surge of suicide attacks, made by gankers who become extreme active and efficient in destroying dozens of faction battleships and marauders who do missions in high sec.
Take a very close look on this kills:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=JIis#13896053564231&if_height=170

Gankers are very well organized, use cloacky tengu to probe and scan ships, then warp in a fleet of 14-15 destroyers who melt any battleship in seconds no matter of tank.
They kill even 15-20 missioning battleships in one day, for example yesterday they destroyed 21 faction battleships, marauders and T3 cruisers, so the danger is great for everyone and is very real.

One or two expensive modules is enough to make you a target, so my advice is to use very cheap fits and t1 battleships till CCP will find a way do reduce this massacre.
Good luck and take care!

Edit: It seems that is so cheap for gankers to use destroyers, that even flying a cheap battleship with t2 modules still make you a target Ugh :

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal
Lord RoBaD
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-01-13 10:33:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord RoBaD
Si1viu wrote:

till CCP will find a way do reduce this massacre.

Unsure if troll or not but I will bite anyways. This will never happen as it is a valid tactic. This isn't an exploit of game mechanics, this is fair play. The old sayings still apply, as soon as you undock you constent to the possibility of losing your ship and don't undock anything that you can't afford to lose.

Lord

Edited for rogue comma
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-01-13 10:38:02 UTC
This topic is new and interesting.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#4 - 2014-01-13 11:14:32 UTC
Your old topic hasn't even sunk off the first page at the time of poasting.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=311923&find=unread
Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-01-13 13:23:30 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Si1viu wrote:
For all people who do missions, you need to avoid a great surge of suicide attacks, made by gankers who become extreme active and efficient in destroying dozens of faction battleships and marauders who do missions in high sec.
Take a very close look on this kills:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=JIis#13896053564231&if_height=170

Gankers are very well organized, use cloacky tengu to probe and scan ships, then warp in a fleet of 14-15 destroyers who melt any battleship in seconds no matter of tank.
They kill even 15-20 missioning battleships in one day, for example yesterday they destroyed 21 faction battleships, marauders and T3 cruisers, so the danger is great for everyone and is very real.

One or two expensive modules is enough to make you a target, so my advice is to use very cheap fits and t1 battleships till CCP will find a way do reduce this massacre.
Good luck and take care!

Edit: It seems that is so cheap for gankers to use destroyers, that even flying a cheap battleship with t2 modules still make you a target Ugh :

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal

where did the bad ganker touch you?
Metamonic
Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles
#6 - 2014-01-13 13:44:27 UTC
Thanks for the warning m8.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#7 - 2014-01-13 13:48:17 UTC
Or here's a crazy thought. stop trying to be like apparently everyone else mad farming SOE LP. So far the 2 threads you have started, the ganks are happening in SOE mission hubs. So gankers have figured out that rich missioners are using pimp ships to blitz SOE missions for LP and are capitalizing on that.

Just doing a quick check of other good mission hubs, there is no noticable gank activity going on with them.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-01-13 14:21:16 UTC
Or farm them in ships that aren't multi-billion isk loot piñatas?

Couple of hundred million will see you a dominix which laughs at any and all level 4 content. If you're THAT paranoid, insure it and after like...three missions you're in pure profit, even if it pops.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-01-13 14:24:16 UTC
Anyone who puts faction/deadspace tanking mods on a marauder deserves to be ganked as it is totally unnecessary.
Motalula Mingetickler
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-01-13 14:50:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Nosub Boomer
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
Anyone who puts faction/deadspace tanking mods on a marauder deserves to be ganked as it is totally unnecessary.

Considering that since Rubicon, marauders can happily tank any level 4 wearing a grass skirt & waving a Salami i completely agree with the quoted statement.

My faith in humanity is further diminished when people dress up their ships with deadspace fittings in & around 0.5 systems.

There is absolutely no need for it.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#11 - 2014-01-13 15:16:59 UTC
If people weren't stoopid and sit on the warp-in, or forget to watch d-scan; this kind of crap wouldn't happen often. Also, if known gankers are in system, go somewhere else.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-01-13 15:17:52 UTC
Motalula Mingetickler wrote:
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:

Considering that since Rubicon, marauders can happily tank any level 4 wearing a grass skirt & waving a Salami i completely agree with the quoted statement.

... and this is really SAD because personally i have lost any reasons to spend my ISK on after i bought marauder....

And what is with all 0.0 bears who farm deadspace loot? Who will they sell it to? Shocked

Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#13 - 2014-01-13 15:43:58 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

And what is with all 0.0 bears who farm deadspace loot? Who will they sell it to? Shocked

Lol

We're not really worried at all. Firstly because we don't expect mission bears to stop buying, and secondly, because even if they did, there's always nullbears, wormholers, and capital pilots.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-01-13 16:01:43 UTC
Si1viu wrote:

CCP on purpose made it so gankers would have a easy time finding targets, they are not going to help you. There are only two lvl 4 soe agents located in 0.5 systems, and if you go there you are likely to get ganked.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Koral Eden
Brown Coats Unite
#15 - 2014-01-13 16:15:00 UTC
I'm relatively new to Eve, but have recently started soloing Level 4s. If you are using your max D-scan every 1-2 minutes you should be fine right? I keep an eye out for combat probes. Isn't that the only way for them to find and warp to you while in missions? I hope so because that is the assumption I have been operating under. I figured I could just warp to a station if they popup on D-scan.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2014-01-13 16:21:39 UTC
Honestly if you just fit your ship with T2 mods you will be fine. No d-scan needed. There is no reason for bling in missions no matter what you are flying. Gankers generally don't care about the hull or the rigs, they want the shiny loot.
Si1viu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-01-13 16:27:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Koral Eden wrote:
I'm relatively new to Eve, but have recently started soloing Level 4s. If you are using your max D-scan every 1-2 minutes you should be fine right? I keep an eye out for combat probes. Isn't that the only way for them to find and warp to you while in missions? I hope so because that is the assumption I have been operating under. I figured I could just warp to a station if they popup on D-scan.

The only think who can somehow protect you is to use a cheap fit, but this is not a bulletproof solution either it seems...

They can wait you at gates, can probe and wait you at instawarp spot from station if you use only one or two, also a good prober can find you very fast in mission from one or two passes, so you have great chance to miss probes on scan. Also they may keep probes in space all time to force you to risk...

Again, a well organized and deadly gang like that i linked, leave you little to nothing what you can do to protect your ship if they decide to kill you.

Maybe avoiding mission hubs, and doing missions in systems with few people were you can notice any local spike, can be the only reliable solution at this moment who give you some protection.
Koral Eden
Brown Coats Unite
#18 - 2014-01-13 16:29:07 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
Honestly if you just fit your ship with T2 mods you will be fine. No d-scan needed. There is no reason for bling in missions no matter what you are flying. Gankers generally don't care about the hull or the rigs, they want the shiny loot.

I had to use a fair amount of bling to make up for my lack of perfect skills. I have no doubt I would be a very tempting target. But I make constant use of my D-Scan from the moment I enter system and I do not travel to 0.5s or lower. I also stopped using deployables because I thought they show up on standard probes.
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#19 - 2014-01-13 16:30:28 UTC
Koral Eden wrote:

A really-really-good scanner can find you in 30 second, so hit D-Scan a little more often than 1 minute. If you see probes assume they are looking for you and prepare to warp to a safe spot (Get Aligned). If you see the probes but can't warp out then start spamming D-Scan every 10 seconds to see what might be incoming, and start to overheat hardeners as soon as you see a ship, remember you only have to stay alive for 30 seconds and overheat repairs are a lot cheaper than ship replacements. Not to mention if they do kill ya, you want them to have to pay a repair bill on absolutely everything they loot.

And I would not go down without a fight, a decent Mission boat; mine for instance does 1500dps, it should be able to blap a destroyer (especially the way these are not tanked) So lock em up and deny them a second cycle, every little bit helps. And if it doesn't help you haven't lost anything you weren't already going to lose.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Koral Eden
Brown Coats Unite
#20 - 2014-01-13 16:33:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Si1viu wrote:
Koral Eden wrote:

The only think who can somehow protect you is to use a cheap fit, but this is not a bulletproof solution either it seems...

They can wait you at gates, can probe and wait you at instawarp spot from station if you use only one or two, also a good prober can find you very fast in mission from one or two passes, so you have great chance to miss probes on scan. Also they may keep probes in space all time to force you to risk...

Again, a well organized and deadly gang like that i linked, leave you little to nothing what you can do to protect your ship if they decide to kill you.

Maybe avoiding mission hubs, and doing missions in systems with few people were you can notice any local spike, can be the only reliable solution at this moment who give you some protection.

Wow that happened in a 0.6? Guess I will have to add those to my no fly list too, until I skill up enough to lower my fit cost.
123Next pageLast page