These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Safest ship for level 4 missions after Rubicon

Author
Ragefall
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-01-13 09:54:26 UTC
I am looking for a level 4 mission ship with an insane tank that can hold against a whole room, with decent enough dps.

To clarify: I am *not* looking for best ship, best ISK per hour or best dps. You could say i am looking for a "survivor".

My backstory: i am a returning Eve player. Got the skills to fly all battleships, Golems, Nightmares, Nighthawks and Tengu.
Started missioning for another faction with a new agent. She gave me a string of very very tough missions. A whole room that aggroed on me with 6+ webbers and some warpscramblers turned my beloved Tengu into an insurrance payout.
Thanks in advance for all your advice and input!

Si1viu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-01-13 10:31:03 UTC
Safest ship at this moment is the cheapest one who can tank lvl 4 missions, otherwise you risk to be ganked asap:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=JIis&page=1#13896088117271&if_height=170

So my advice is to avoid expensive ships and modules at all...
Treborr MintingtonJr
S.N.O.T
S.N.O.T.
#3 - 2014-01-13 11:37:37 UTC
If you want to be a survivor you need range, also do you use Micro Jump Drives?
sabiens
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-01-13 12:31:47 UTC  |  Edited by: sabiens
Read eve survival mission reports you probably popped a few triggers or shot something you shouldn't have and agroed the room. Sniping with a large micro jump drive like the previous poster suggested works and will greatly reduce the damage you take except from missiles. Rattlesnakes are pretty easy ships to use and can tank quite a bit but your drones will probably require attention. Tengus can also be made to tank a lot but it can cost quite a bit. Cruise missile golem with a bastion module will probably work maybe check out builds. Not sure if they fixed the disconnect issue and your ship getting blown up in bastion mode problem yet though.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#5 - 2014-01-13 12:45:46 UTC
if you never ever want to worry about npc aggro again then a T2 fit rattler or a cap stable marauder will work great. if you have an iffy internet connection you do run the risk of losing a marauder.

things that will get you killed by other players are drones set to aggressive while you have a mobile tractor unit out, flying a ship with a lot of bling or running missions afk.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Raven O'Russ
The King's Retribution
#6 - 2014-01-13 12:56:11 UTC
If you use tengu, try 100mn AB and passive tank fit. IF you want the safest approach - use some MJD battleship. Sad that you are using missiles, but ppl say that CNR/Golem are great enough. Also keep an eye out for Eve-survival before every unknown mission.

In fact, i just do not know how should you fit tengu not able to sustain lvl 4 mission damage. May be you should post your fit here to get some kind of advice?

Quote:
Safest ship at this moment is the cheapest one who can tank lvl 4 missions, otherwise you risk to be ganked asap:

Not really. Lots of vargurs, paladins and other rattlesnakes feeling good in Osmon every day. Even my cheap navy apoc is alive for about month already. Of course, some will eventually die cause of natural selection (those not looking at scan screen at all)
Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-01-13 13:02:58 UTC
Raven O'Russ wrote:
If you use tengu, try 100mn AB and passive tank fit. IF you want the safest approach - use some MJD battleship. Sad that you are using missiles, but ppl say that CNR/Golem are great enough. Also keep an eye out for Eve-survival before every unknown mission.

In fact, i just do not know how should you fit tengu not able to sustain lvl 4 mission damage. May be you should post your fit here to get some kind of advice?

Quote:

Not really. Lots of vargurs, paladins and other rattlesnakes feeling good in Osmon every day. Even my cheap navy apoc is alive for about month already. Of course, some will eventually die cause of natural selection (those not looking at scan screen at all)

It's all about EHP vs Bling, golem with 100k ehp can probably fit 1B worth of bling safely as it will require 700 worth of tornado and 10 pilot to blap it.
Speaking about golem, it probably is the tankiest ship op can fly but you need to pulse the shield booster.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#8 - 2014-01-13 13:43:00 UTC
Any marauder thats t2 fit or fit with only very cheap faction mods. It'll have all the tank you need and it won't be an attractive gank target.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-01-13 15:32:05 UTC
i would advise Rattlesnake. T2 fitted it has insane shield passive tank. Add here t2 drones and you have easy mode.

My last fit was reduced to 2 or 3 tank modules (1 shield recharger + 2 invuls or something around it) and it is still easy mode.
Don't forget about MJD.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2014-01-13 16:23:24 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Any marauder thats t2 fit or fit with only very cheap faction mods. It'll have all the tank you need and it won't be an attractive gank target.

This.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#11 - 2014-01-14 00:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Katran Luftschreck
Rattlesnake, passive shield tank can go to 200hp/second and still fit a MJD and an Adaptive.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Treborr MintingtonJr
S.N.O.T
S.N.O.T.
#12 - 2014-01-14 10:05:46 UTC
On the note of Rattlesnakes could a Passive Rattle solo Angel Cartel Naval Shipyard?
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-01-14 10:35:55 UTC
Si1viu wrote:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=JIis&page=1#13896088117271&if_height=170

yes but then it becoem smore profitable to simply join thwe others and go gank instead of runnign mission. :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Lucretia DeWinter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-01-15 11:02:56 UTC
Scorpion Navy Issue.

Can hit 80%+ Omni easily with abundant midslots and mild pimping (faction module or two). Decent cruise damage from silly ranges.

Can fit a powerful burst tank with ASB/XL Boosters or go for a Medium for sustained tankage.

Not the most popular gank target as they usually have good tank (I've noticed a lot more Ratllers on KBs lately - mainly cos people are switching to them from expensive Golems and officer fit Navy Ravens in belief of less ganks - but then still sticking a full load of deadspace modules on it... *sigh*)

For cheap, high performance:

[Scorpion Navy Issue]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II (can switch this out for a Drone Damage Mod, Power Diagnostic, Nano - 4th BCU only adds 50DPS)
Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Shield Extender II
Medium Shield Booster II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Target Painter II
Target Painter II

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Auto Targeting System II (again, utility slot. I like the 3 extra targets, but you could have a Tractor or a Drone Range, whatever)

Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5

Has a T2 resist rig but they're not that expensive (33m), but overall this clocks in at 580m, does 1000dps (including drones) and perma tanks 200 dps with 77-82 resist.

I don't think you can get better value for money anywhere.
Derath Ellecon
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-01-15 13:16:12 UTC
Si1viu wrote:

Or, ya know, you could just avoid running missions for SOE.
Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#16 - 2014-01-15 14:24:35 UTC
Price of the ship actually is not connected to gankability. Only the price of its fit and EHP. No ganker cares about T2 fit machariels and golems. All bastion golems now are able to have tank about 5x-10x higher than is DPS output of hardest L4 mission.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#17 - 2014-01-16 01:46:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
T2 fit Tengu. My low-skill science alt does level 4 missions in one.

Secret sauce: orbit the warp-in beacon at 5 km, or an acceleration gate at 500m (they are huge). I've gone AFK for meals while orbiting.

He pulls entire rooms, ignoring triggers, without any problems. Just keep moving (webbers are a priority target). Even AE bonus room is easy.

I know this fit sucks (especially triple CCC, may also have a cap implant), but remember, so does my alt's skills:

[Tengu, Basic]
Power Diagnostic System II

Shield Boost Amplifier I
Dread Guristas Photon Scattering Field
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
10MN Afterburner II
Medium Shield Booster II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile