These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Just an idea for your consideration ccp

First post
Author
richie radar
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-01-13 11:26:48 UTC
Hi this has probably been thought of before but im going to put it out there anyway.
I would like to see ccp release a micro transaction to purchase re maps. The reasons are pretty simple, most new players mess there characters up pretty bad in the first few months after a deluge of "you should train this and that and the other" advise from well meaning people along with plane old inexperience with the whole skill system. I think that many older characters would also like to see this option as there skill training needs change due to doctrine demands from there corp or alliance for example. I don't think this would be to difficult to implement, or be a massive game changer as you could limit it to 1 purchase every 3 months. I do think it would be a very well received option for the players as a whole.

So CCP please think about it o7
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#2 - 2014-01-13 11:28:24 UTC
richie radar wrote:

I would like to see ccp release a micro transaction

Fastest Ive seen a thread dig its own grave.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Azami Nevinyrall
#3 - 2014-01-13 11:34:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
Micro transactions in EVE...

Best idea ever!

If the community accepted micro transactions in EVE we would have a Dust 514 scenario. Where we would have no new content added, just more and more micro transactions.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-01-13 11:36:43 UTC
There seem to be a lot of people arguing for a downvote button lately.
90% of OP's are just one long scream for downvote.
why u no listen CCP?

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#5 - 2014-01-13 11:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Faenir Antollare
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Micro transactions in EVE...

Best idea ever!

In all fairness they are already present.
Not personally keen on the idea at all but maybe as a compromise to the fairly considerable expense of Dual Char training (which I use) have an option to have the training halved to 15days and a +remap for the one Plex

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#6 - 2014-01-13 11:47:20 UTC
richie radar wrote:
I would like to see ccp release a micro transaction to purchase re maps.
If you want to remove attributes, ask CCP to remove attributes. You'll even find a number of CSM that will be on-board with your cause.

Asking them to introduce a mechanism that allows you to pay to ignore game mechanics is in every way utterly and completely idiotic.
Lady Areola Fappington
#7 - 2014-01-13 11:51:18 UTC
I'm just going to assume OP meant to say "re: maps", then stop reading.

Why yeas OP, it would be a really cool idea if CCP sold some poster type maps for small amounts of realbux. It'd be kinda nifty to have the cluster map up on the wall, maybe a few famous planets.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-01-13 11:51:51 UTC
[/quote]I

Asking them to introduce a mechanism that allows you to pay to ignore game mechanics is in every way utterly and completely idiotic.[/quote]

SO like plex dont ignore the fact u have to make money in game now does it. sure that is not a large game mechanic broken right there.

But i like the idea of geting remaps. was supper pissed off i did not get a new one for xmas.

if not the ability to buy a remap at least take the time down from 12 months to 6 or something
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2014-01-13 11:53:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Lord LazyGhost wrote:
SO like plex dont ignore the fact u have to make money in game now does it.
PLEX does not allow any mechanics to be bypassed — much less ignored — no.

Quote:
But i like the idea of geting remaps. was supper pissed off i did not get a new one for xmas.
Why? Just because they handed one out one time doesn't mean it's something you can expect every time (or at all).
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#10 - 2014-01-13 11:56:07 UTC
Lord LazyGhost wrote:

SO like plex dont ignore the fact u have to make money in game now does it. sure that is not a large game mechanic broken right there.

You dont have to make money in the game

You can PLEX it if you want.

Its one of the founding points of EvE.

If you think having lots of Isk makes you a better player or somehow unbalances the game, I have a 40m Purifier that would love to meet whatever the hell you are flying.

Isk is a means to an end. If you use PLEX to make money, then you probably arent spending enough time in game learning how it works.

Also, I really hope english isnt your first language.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lady Areola Fappington
#11 - 2014-01-13 11:58:38 UTC
Lord LazyGhost wrote:

And this is the prime reason why most MMOs don't do the gift thing to their playerbases.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Sir Jack Falstaff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-01-13 12:09:55 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
I'm just going to assume OP meant to say "re: maps", then stop reading.

Why yeas OP, it would be a really cool idea if CCP sold some poster type maps for small amounts of realbux. It'd be kinda nifty to have the cluster map up on the wall, maybe a few famous planets.

Posting in a stealth "why won't CCP take my money?" thread.

The OP is on to something here, but I don't see why you need to bother with microtransactions. Just put the cool maps up in the store and sell them for cash American dollar.

Would totally buy a National Geographic style star map of Eve. Hell, put it on a t-shirt, I'd probably buy that too!

Banish plump Jack, and banish all the world.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#13 - 2014-01-13 12:12:55 UTC
Sir Jack Falstaff wrote:
The OP is on to something here, but I don't see why you need to bother with microtransactions. Just put the cool maps up in the store and sell them for cash American dollar.

Would totally buy a National Geographic style star map of Eve. Hell, put it on a t-shirt, I'd probably buy that too!

There used to be a t-shirt with a map of the EVE cluster on it, and I think some old issues of EON came with both cluster and lowsec-only map posters. So it's definitely something they could put back into their catalogue.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#14 - 2014-01-13 12:19:55 UTC
richie radar wrote:
or be a massive game changer as you could limit it to 1 purchase every 3 months. I do think it would be a very well received option for the players as a whole.

I'm pretty sure you know damp well it would be a game changer otherwise you wouldn't propose a restriction on it right after you write, 'hey, it's ok, random remaps are no problemo'.

Down voted ∨.
Lady Areola Fappington
#15 - 2014-01-13 12:21:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Areola Fappington
Sir Jack Falstaff wrote:

The Goons must put Good Idea Juice in the water they give you renters.

Honestly, I'd like a map big enough for me to thumbtack the systems I visit.

Yeah, I know it's goofy, but I come from a family of HAM and CB radio operators. We had many thumbtack maps in the house.

(For you young'uns, "maps" are kinda like that satellite view Google shows when you search for directions. Only, it's printed on paper and impossible to fold back up when you're done with it.)

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-01-13 12:29:28 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Lord LazyGhost wrote:

If you think having lots of Isk makes you a better player or somehow unbalances the game...

because PL has more supers than any other 0.0 alliance just because no other alliance wants to deal with these ships.... And not because you need to have ISK to have fleet of supers

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#17 - 2014-01-13 12:29:53 UTC
8 day old character proposing changes that would massively affect the game. Shocked

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Sid Crash
#18 - 2014-01-13 12:52:58 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Lord LazyGhost wrote:

If you think having lots of Isk makes you a better player or somehow unbalances the game...

because PL has more supers than any other 0.0 alliance just because no other alliance wants to deal with these ships.... And not because you need to have ISK to have fleet of supers

They win because they have the mostest skill points of all! We can't ever catch up!
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#19 - 2014-01-13 12:57:17 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Sir Jack Falstaff wrote:

The Goons must put Good Idea Juice in the water they give you renters.

Honestly, I'd like a map big enough for me to thumbtack the systems I visit.

Yeah, I know it's goofy, but I come from a family of HAM and CB radio operators. We had many thumbtack maps in the house.

(For you young'uns, "maps" are kinda like that satellite view Google shows when you search for directions. Only, it's printed on paper and impossible to fold back up when you're done with it.)

I know I'm a (worse) nerd for this, but I have DotLan maps printed out into a book on my desk. I flip to the map that I'm in at any given point in time.

Since it's paper, I can write on it, which is even better.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Sir Jack Falstaff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-01-13 13:31:28 UTC
Tippia wrote:
There used to be a t-shirt with a map of the EVE cluster on it, and I think some old issues of EON came with both cluster and lowsec-only map posters. So it's definitely something they could put back into their catalogue.

The Eve Store is kind of a head-scratcher. I can see they are committed to only selling high-quality gear, which is admirable, but the choices of merchandise are baffling. A Guristas hoodie and bag? The t-shirt that some characters wear in their avatar? These are obscure and esoteric even for the Eve playerbase.

Banish plump Jack, and banish all the world.

123Next page