These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

SOE BATTLESHIP

Author
jushniikhan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-01-12 03:17:39 UTC


after having seen the new bs on sisi i cannot figure out if it is a bs or mining hull ... the uglyness of the final design , the placement of the circular attachment and the addition of the 2 vertical attachments makes it look les and less like a bs .. i do not understand why they didnt follow thru with earlier desings of cruiser and frig and only add the circle to the rear of the ship ???? any comments ??
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-01-12 03:25:44 UTC
It takes an educated gentleman to appreciate the beauty of the Nestor.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Erufen Rito
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-01-12 03:27:59 UTC
I have to agree, the Nestor is quite ugly. The hull is not streamlined at all, and it feels like whomever OK'd the design of it was not paying attention, and whomever designed it took a pencil, a bottle cap, stuck the two together, and fastened a paper clamp on the eraser end of the thing.

Seriously CCP, this ship is horrible. I thought we were TRYING to make Eve pretty.

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

SegaPhoenix
Anomalies Anonymous
Initiative Associates
#4 - 2014-01-12 03:47:14 UTC
Forget the looks, what about the function of the ship? Dem bonusesOops
Oberine Noriepa
#5 - 2014-01-12 04:07:20 UTC
I like how it looks.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-01-12 04:16:06 UTC
Why are you complaining about the looks of a ship nobody is going to fly ever?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

stoicfaux
#7 - 2014-01-12 04:29:05 UTC
Zoom out enough and all ships are beautiful, in a nihilistic sort of way.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

ColdCutz
Frigonometry
#8 - 2014-01-12 04:29:14 UTC
It'll be easier for me to kill one when I see it that's for sure.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#9 - 2014-01-12 05:09:47 UTC
Erufen Rito wrote:
I have to agree, the Nestor is quite ugly. The hull is not streamlined at all, and it feels like whomever OK'd the design of it was not paying attention, and whomever designed it took a pencil, a bottle cap, stuck the two together, and fastened a paper clamp on the eraser end of the thing.

Seriously CCP, this ship is horrible. I thought we were TRYING to make Eve pretty.

Tell me - Why would a ship designed to work in vacuum need to be streamlined?
Feh.

Form follows function, and functionality is beauty.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Erufen Rito
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-01-12 05:26:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Erufen Rito
silens vesica wrote:
Erufen Rito wrote:
I have to agree, the Nestor is quite ugly. The hull is not streamlined at all, and it feels like whomever OK'd the design of it was not paying attention, and whomever designed it took a pencil, a bottle cap, stuck the two together, and fastened a paper clamp on the eraser end of the thing.

Seriously CCP, this ship is horrible. I thought we were TRYING to make Eve pretty.

Tell me - Why would a ship designed to work in vacuum need to be streamlined?
Feh.

Form follows function, and functionality is beauty.

Asthetics.

In fact, this came to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/MXzl2Zd.png

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#11 - 2014-01-12 05:48:37 UTC
Erufen Rito wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Erufen Rito wrote:
I have to agree, the Nestor is quite ugly. The hull is not streamlined at all, and it feels like whomever OK'd the design of it was not paying attention, and whomever designed it took a pencil, a bottle cap, stuck the two together, and fastened a paper clamp on the eraser end of the thing.

Seriously CCP, this ship is horrible. I thought we were TRYING to make Eve pretty.

Tell me - Why would a ship designed to work in vacuum need to be streamlined?
Feh.

Form follows function, and functionality is beauty.

Asthetics.

In fact, this came to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/MXzl2Zd.png

That second burger looks MUCH tastier.

Counter example:

Lear vs. Thunderbolt II

One is obviously more aesthetically-refined, but I know which one *I* find more attractive. Twisted

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Etria Issen
Imperial Varista
#12 - 2014-01-12 05:53:08 UTC
Please, nothing can look uglier then Minmatar ships, at least!
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#13 - 2014-01-12 05:54:22 UTC
Etria Issen wrote:
Please, nothing can look uglier then Minmatar ships, at least!

Truth. I've tried making Minmatar ships look uglier - My efforts always wind up being an aesthetic improvement. What?

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Erufen Rito
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-01-12 05:56:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Erufen Rito
silens vesica wrote:
Erufen Rito wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Erufen Rito wrote:
I have to agree, the Nestor is quite ugly. The hull is not streamlined at all, and it feels like whomever OK'd the design of it was not paying attention, and whomever designed it took a pencil, a bottle cap, stuck the two together, and fastened a paper clamp on the eraser end of the thing.

Seriously CCP, this ship is horrible. I thought we were TRYING to make Eve pretty.

Tell me - Why would a ship designed to work in vacuum need to be streamlined?
Feh.

Form follows function, and functionality is beauty.

Asthetics.

In fact, this came to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/MXzl2Zd.png

That second burger looks MUCH tastier.

Counter example:

Lear vs. Thunderbolt II

One is obviously more aesthetically-refined, but I know which one *I* find more attractive. Twisted
Considering that both are very awesome pieces of hardware, and I don't mean just looks, I find your point a bit moot, considering that the Nestor is far from pretty.


Plus this image would've helped your case a bit better :P
http://jetpilot.dk/onewebstatic/70a826ff83-a-10-thunderbolt-ii.jpg

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2014-01-12 06:52:20 UTC
SegaPhoenix wrote:
Forget the looks, what about the function of the ship? Dem bonusesOops


Not as bad as many think. Big issue is the powergrid.
Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#16 - 2014-01-12 10:10:32 UTC
I agree that this is a poorly designed and ugly ship but i think the artist who designed it would be too proud to change it... So enjoy your new food blender.
SlickReed
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-01-12 10:19:14 UTC
I do like the look of the ship all the SOE ships look like a great addition to the EVE look and feel. But still not sure what it will be used for besides using the remote rep bonuses. But that's expensive for remote rep.
Arduemont
The State of War.
#18 - 2014-01-12 10:21:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
SegaPhoenix wrote:
Forget the looks, what about the function of the ship? Dem bonusesOops


Those of you who think it looks bad (it looks beautiful, much more like something real than all the other ships in Eve) just need to learn to appreciate it. Those of you who can't see how to use it with those bonuses, well, your going to miss out.

Me and a small gang will rule the skies with these things. I will take out great swathes of opposition, 2 vs 20 man battles and I will kill everything. Those bonuses are beautiful. Your not looking at the big picture. The short sightedness of everyone in here is incredible.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-01-12 10:39:18 UTC
Etria Issen wrote:
Please, nothing can look uglier then Minmatar ships, at least!


bantam

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#20 - 2014-01-12 10:58:07 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
SegaPhoenix wrote:
Forget the looks, what about the function of the ship? Dem bonusesOops


Those of you who think it looks bad (it looks beautiful, much more like something real than all the other ships in Eve) just need to learn to appreciate it. Those of you who can't see how to use it with those bonuses, well, your going to miss out.

Me and a small gang will rule the skies with these things. I will take out great swathes of opposition, 2 vs 20 man battles and I will kill everything. Those bonuses are beautiful. Your not looking at the big picture. The short sightedness of everyone in here is incredible.


CCP alt detected...

But okay buddy. We'll keep an eye out for your loss mail.
123Next page