These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What do you do when....

Author
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#21 - 2014-01-11 19:26:30 UTC
Never not Leeroy wormholes.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Jaxon Grylls
Institute of Archaeology
#22 - 2014-01-11 19:42:45 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

I go "Ugh another waste of three minutes. One of these sites better be a Data or Relic site"

+1 to this.

Yeah, wormholes are the chaff when what we want is the wheat.

You can bet good money that if there is only one anom in a system it will be a wormhole that no-one is interested in.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2014-01-11 21:10:20 UTC
I ponder how an environment best described as involving the grandfathering of itself for quarks is capable of handling macroscale structures much less being home to biological being in a definite time period for a space with altered physics.

Such thought are usually laid to rest though by the warnings of inbound munitions from numerous sources orchestrated by a collective strong AI battery.

They do return though and leave me to ponder things.
Thing like what does the fox say or what to do when I realize i am an energy being or perhaps an emergent system from my nature as meat.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#24 - 2014-01-11 21:14:09 UTC
Depends on my mood.

A lot of the time I'll poke my head in and see what's up. I've been rewarded before for doing so.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jennifer Maxwell
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#25 - 2014-01-11 21:21:04 UTC
Usually I'm too busy to take a look inside one, but sometimes I poke my head in and dscan a bit around.

If there's something interesting, I round up a fleet of State Protectorate and go have some fun.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#26 - 2014-01-11 22:12:21 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
I go "Ugh another waste of three minutes. One of these sites better be a Data or Relic site"

Yep, exactly this ^^ WH's are just speed-bumps.
Chirjo Durruti
Doomheim
#27 - 2014-01-11 23:11:18 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
...you scan down a wormhole? I am curious to see how a non wormholer views my favorite part of Eve? Is it generally ignored? Do you sneak in and gank the guy not checking d-scan? Do you laugh at us idiots who don't have local?

DISCUSS!!

Jumping through to see what's on the other side, ofc.

HOWTO: No More Tears (solo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA4ciUrH-k If you can get me a better crew than THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPrtQ9AdoM0 convo me.

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#28 - 2014-01-11 23:41:17 UTC
Chirjo Durruti wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
...you scan down a wormhole? I am curious to see how a non wormholer views my favorite part of Eve? Is it generally ignored? Do you sneak in and gank the guy not checking d-scan? Do you laugh at us idiots who don't have local?

DISCUSS!!

Fastest way to die ever, might as well just type 'pod express' into your chat window.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Lumukanda Theleraese
Paranoid Inc
#29 - 2014-01-12 02:56:53 UTC
Mainly use them as a shortcut while looking for data and relic sites. Check it out see if it leads to low, null, c1 c2 etc. More than likely though will jump through, d-scan to see if the locals or any activity is nearby while checking info about it. If locals are active usually just back out and try to find another route or bounce around to get a decent safe to probe again and move along. If it appears empty have a look around and maybe go back and reship to run some sites depending on it's type and effects.
dilly nay
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-01-12 05:40:03 UTC
Whenever I see a wormhole I compare it to my own to see whos got the bigger hole.

I always win, of course.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-01-12 05:42:41 UTC
I don't.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#32 - 2014-01-12 05:52:25 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Chirjo Durruti wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:

DISCUSS!!

Fastest way to die ever, might as well just type 'pod express' into your chat window.

Depends on whether or not you know what you're doing. And whether or not the gods of New Eden are smiling upon you that day.
Typically, when i'm scanning, I'm in a ship that can survive a WH for at least long enough to decide if I want to come back in a more capable ship or not.

Of course, I also live in a WH most of the time, too. P

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-01-12 07:59:24 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Bane Nucleus wrote:
...What do you do when you scan down a wormhole? I am curious to see how a non wormholer views my favorite part of Eve? Is it generally ignored? Do you sneak in and gank the guy not checking d-scan? Do you laugh at us idiots who don't have local?

DISCUSS!!

I just ignore them along with the Hacking sites since I'm only looking for DED and 'Named' combat sites.

DMC

Jaxon Grylls wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

+1 to this.

Yeah, wormholes are the chaff when what we want is the wheat.

You can bet good money that if there is only one a̶n̶o̶m̶ Cosmic Signature in a system it will be a wormhole that no-one is interested in.
Fixed it for you.

Pretty sure it's a typo since W-holes are actually Cosmic Signatures..
Jaxon Grylls
Institute of Archaeology
#34 - 2014-01-12 10:38:29 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Pretty sure it's a typo since W-holes are actually Cosmic Signatures..

Yes, you are right, Mr Brain has gone on holiday.

Could be why I'm finding EVE life a little difficult at the moment.
James Nikolas Tesla
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-01-12 11:10:33 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:

DISCUSS!!

Pretty much what I say except I have a few more choice words.

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#36 - 2014-01-12 11:12:55 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:

DISCUSS!!

I shoots them, Precious... shoots them sneaky hobbitses in their holes...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#37 - 2014-01-12 13:10:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Muestereate
listen to banjo songs about spaceworms

Wormhole Theme Song
Nuela
WoT Misfits
#38 - 2014-01-13 19:07:02 UTC

Go into WH and see if there is a hisec exit.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
#39 - 2014-01-13 20:00:09 UTC
Some of you guys that avoid them should gather some friends in Drakes and just jump in. Make the locals sweat a little and get a good fight. Drakes are cheap too so eve if you lose one, you can easily replace it.

No trolling please

Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#40 - 2014-01-13 20:29:00 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
I am curious to see how a non wormholer views my favorite part of Eve?

When I see a hole I don't want to go down, I avoid it completely, regardless of how drunk I am.

I perfected this skill in university.
Previous page123Next page