These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Piracy vs rl world

First post
Author
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#61 - 2014-01-12 05:22:30 UTC
Kali Kaline wrote:
Hello,

I am curios about how the EVE comunity land on the Cpt Phillips movie. EVE is know about having very intelligent people doing all level of pvp activities. Also, we.. love pirates. Just because they are intelligent and beware of all of the game mechanics.

I know that the majority of the EVE community is based in USA, people who hate the somalian pirates and also the somalian people (see black hawk down). I DO NOT wanna take conclusion over what is bad or wrong, I'm just really curios about how people feel about the movie, what's the general feeling about the somalians whom live in USA, etc.

Thank You.

You are a remarkably silly person.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Pipa Porto
#62 - 2014-01-12 05:56:54 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
You mean we got involved after everyone else did and only lost hundreds of thousands while a particular ally of ours engaged 75% of the enemey forces and lost tens of millions in the process.

I don't think the German forces on the Eastern front were ever 4 times the size of their forces on the Western front. But yeah, much much bigger and more brutal.

The Germans had maybe 50% more forces deployed to the Eastern front than the Western front, but lost more than 4 times as many casualties killed. Shocked

But a lot of the wars since WWII that the US has gotten involved in were started by other countries. Korea was a UN action, Vietnam was initially France's mess, and Bosnia was the UN again. We've kind of got a bad habit of just burying our noses into other people's ****.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#63 - 2014-01-12 06:13:55 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Heshee wrote:
Oh look, another troll thread about US aggression by the people who colonized and blew half the world to hell twice.

Here, have a holiday.

Hey now we didn't start those scraps but we sure as hell manned up and took the brunt of the punches and won.

You mean we got involved after everyone else did and only lost hundreds of thousands while a particular ally of ours engaged 75% of the enemey forces and lost tens of millions in the process.

British, we went in from the start in both tussles.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#64 - 2014-01-12 06:36:52 UTC
Snagletooth Johnson wrote:

The whole list is taking an anthill of truth and turning it into a mountain of bullshit. More then half that list is unfounded and blown out of proportion, and some of it is outright lies.
Backing insurgents in Nicaragua? Terrorist outrages against Cuba? Bombing cambodia and loas? Invading grenada or panama? an anthill of truth and you turn it into a mountain of bullshit.

US- Panama war 1989

American forces were involved in the Cambodian civil war

American forces invaded Grenada in 1983

American support in both cash and military assets was given to the Nicaraguan Democratic Force early on but then banned by congress. Reagan continued funding them covertly.

America sponsored terrorists in Cuba, most famously resulting in the bay of pigs incident.

So yea, your government were/are dicksStraight
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#65 - 2014-01-12 19:17:09 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Multiple spams were removed.
Topic has turned into a political discussion and is therefore locked.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL