These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

"Return of the TiDi" (TM)

First post
Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-01-11 20:50:19 UTC
Seems that the "fix" needs fixing.

Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-01-11 20:51:58 UTC
Drugs are bad mkay?

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

stoicfaux
#3 - 2014-01-11 21:07:10 UTC
Link to something for those of us who aren't keyed into your personal worldview?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4 - 2014-01-11 21:15:09 UTC
Wait.... Tidi now effects Highsec griefers?!?!!??!?!?!

My god... this is indeed a disturbing universe.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Thead Enco
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2014-01-11 21:15:31 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Seems that the "fix" needs fixing.

Blink

Would you rather "Black screen" and half your fleets DPS not be applied due to "Lag".............
Spurty
#6 - 2014-01-12 02:24:13 UTC
TiDi isn't a 'fix'.

It's a 'solution' to the terrible and very real bad old days.

Ignoring things like your ignorance (Is that an Oxymoron?), what 'fix' are you talking about?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#7 - 2014-01-12 02:26:13 UTC
yeah the tidi is getting fuckin ridiculous... been logging into tidi in jita a lot lately... didn't even bother with it today, closed the client in disgust after it took like a minute to load contracts
GreenSeed
#8 - 2014-01-12 02:41:51 UTC
posting on a stealth "bring back AoE DDs and perma disco camps in highsec" thread.
Decian Cor
Stronghelm Corporation
Solyaris Chtonium
#9 - 2014-01-12 03:05:42 UTC
Spurty wrote:
stuff

This isn't on topic at all, but I always thought your sig and the others like it said "Tai Army"

I have now noticed that it indeed says "Tri Army"

Part of me is very disappointed.

[u]Unfiltered for the masses.[/u]

http://imgur.com/mzSl1Ie

Erufen Rito
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-01-12 03:08:36 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
posting on a stealth "bring back AoE DDs and perma disco camps in highsec" thread.

I miss disco camps :(

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#11 - 2014-01-12 05:13:09 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
yeah the tidi is getting fuckin ridiculous... been logging into tidi in jita a lot lately... didn't even bother with it today, closed the client in disgust after it took like a minute to load contracts

Oh noes! Game is popular, increasing popularity causes whinging!

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#12 - 2014-01-12 06:54:49 UTC
I'm throwing a wild guess out here, but I'm guessing they are talking about the node load balancing algorithm, which CCP implemented to try and stop systems in the middle of empire space being on the same node as Doril, and some other null sec system on the other side of the universe. And thus TiDi in Doril affecting say.... Udema & somewhere wildly separated from both.

Which CCP never stated would prevent TiDi happening. Just that nodes would be more likely to be geographically related, and it was more likely that the nodes wouldn't have wildly different locations on them.
Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#13 - 2014-01-12 11:17:30 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
I'm throwing a wild guess out here, but I'm guessing they are talking about the node load balancing algorithm, which CCP implemented to try and stop systems in the middle of empire space being on the same node as Doril, and some other null sec system on the other side of the universe. And thus TiDi in Doril affecting say.... Udema & somewhere wildly separated from both.

Which CCP never stated would prevent TiDi happening. Just that nodes would be more likely to be geographically related, and it was more likely that the nodes wouldn't have wildly different locations on them.

Good translation from moronic to sensible discussion, however I think its just someone with no brain getting all upset he's drop down to 20% while mining.
ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#14 - 2014-01-12 11:34:06 UTC
Spurty wrote:
TiDi isn't a 'fix'.

Ignoring things like your ignorance (Is that an Oxymoron?), what 'fix' are you talking about?

But it's not though is it. It's a terrible solution to the terrible old days which Infact feels just as painful as the old days. Sorry but not everyone agrees with you

Tidi is fine if a battle lasts 10 mind anything over it's just as bad perhaps you should experience it one day
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#15 - 2014-01-12 12:03:21 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
Spurty wrote:
TiDi isn't a 'fix'.

But it's not though is it. It's a terrible solution to the terrible old days which Infact feels just as painful as the old days. Sorry but not everyone agrees with you

Tidi is fine if a battle lasts 10 mind anything over it's just as bad perhaps you should experience it one day
I guess all NPC startercorp members have tried Nullsec battles, they're all experts, right?
No, TiDi is a fix. It's not the fix we desired, but it's the fix that was possible, the fix we could get.

TiDi kicking in is a sign that the system is overloaded and in order to accomodate everyone has to take more time to sort through all the player requests and actions. It's not TiDi that makes stuff laggy or unresponsive (Although the easy explanation is that TiDi distributes lag across all in system and in a way that can be measured and relied on).

Does that mean I like TiDi? No - it means that TiDi is preferred to how it was before, but multithreading the EVE servers and applications would again be preferred to TiDi. I just recognise that one was possible, and the other was in the realm of *poof*->magic, so we got the imperfect solution instead of the perfect one.
It's okay, I can live with that.

Now please NPC startercorp member, explain to me how more than 10min TiDi battles are worse than blackscreening and the like. I'll be waiting right here for your experienced explanation.
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#16 - 2014-01-12 12:17:51 UTC
I would rather have the system crash than fight in 10 % tidi, yup.
(Not being sarcastic here)
Dracnys
#17 - 2014-01-12 15:32:10 UTC
Ammzi wrote:

How about not joining the fight or just disconnecting when you're pointed and can't leave? Same result. No fight in the first place or death without being able to do something about it.
But some people like having big fights and while it's not a good experience to fight in tidi it's better than nothing at all.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-01-12 15:54:00 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Well having contiguous systems on the same node is moronic, because of how this impacts moving fleets - they can no longer mitigate the load on the server by freeburning to their destination (which because of different align times, warp speeds, reaction times, etc. spreads the fleet members out across several systems instead of having them all jump and move as one).

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-01-12 15:55:17 UTC
Ammzi wrote:

I'd rather fight in 10% tidi than fight in 10% tidi and have it crash.
In other words, CCP needs to keep working on node crashes. Also brain in a box, etc.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#20 - 2014-01-12 16:04:42 UTC
Lousy tie dye lovin' hippies.

Clearly, haircuts are in order.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

12Next page