These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Mystery: What is the Encounter Surveillance System?

First post First post
Author
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#21 - 2014-01-11 05:38:00 UTC
It sounds like it is probably some sort of ratting bounty upgrade.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#22 - 2014-01-11 05:42:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
it said it can be only anchored in 0 and lower and it has racial variants. Makes me think that its some kind of space upgrade. e.g you anchor it and NPCs suddenly give more bounty or something similar.

(but i hope it is something more exciting)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Tyrant Scorn
#23 - 2014-01-11 06:27:55 UTC
I think it's a Faction Warfare deployable.
Epigene
Cordata Enterprises
#24 - 2014-01-13 12:22:17 UTC
Bounty Bonus Percentage 20 %

I am assuming that this will only work in Nullsec.

Good to know that not one of these deployable structures has any use in WH space.

Volume 150 m3
Mass 100,000.00 kg
Deployment
Distance from deploying ship 1,250 m
Min distance from other Encounter Surveillance System 5,000 m
Min distance from Control Tower 500 km
Min distance from Stargate or Station 300 km
Activation
Activation delay 1 minute
ESS Data
Access Range 2,500 m
Access Timer 20 seconds
Bounty Bonus Percentage 20 %
Structure Retrieval
Max retrieval range 2,500 m
Warp Disruption
Warp Disruption Range 15 km
Other
Shield Capacity 30,000 HP
Structure Hitpoints 90,000 HP
Signature Radius 500 m
Armor Hitpoints 30,000 HP
Tech Level Level 1
RADAR Sensor Strength 50 points
LADAR Sensor Strength 50 points
Magnetometric Sensor Strength 50 points
Gravimetric Sensor Strength 50 points
Shield recharge time 2400.00 s

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-01-13 16:37:48 UTC
This makes sense. It helps the empires to reach out into the new space.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#26 - 2014-01-13 20:42:01 UTC
It's only anchorable in 0.0. It creates a 15km bubble and tells everyone in system when you land on grid with it. You get bonus isk that has to be retrieved from the ESS, though nefarious types can make off with it in the form of tags redeemable for isk with NPCs. There's also a 20 second access timer when you retrieve your money, so you're fairly exposed while you're stealing/retrieving the extra bounties.
Draconus Lofwyr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-01-14 00:59:18 UTC
it would depend on CCP's interpretation of "empire space" as to weather this will be a nullsec tool or a faction tool.

if they choose all empire space, then it will be a nullsec tool to increase bounty/lp/standings

if they choose outside of THAT factions space, then it could be used as a tool to increase faction LP and control in the opposing factions space since it would be outside of the respective empire's space.

Time will tell.
Mata1s
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-01-14 14:30:45 UTC
My guess

You put it in your ratting system in a safe, it stores the 20% isk bonus inside of it, ANYONE (even your alliance "friends") can access it but they have to be in it's scram range in order to make a withdrawal (and so do you_

The only problem with that is how the ISK withdrawal is going to work as it won't be like a standard container as ISK is not an item.

The different races will be for different rats e.g. Amarr will want you to kill blood raiders and true sansha so you'll use the Amarr one in Delve/Catch etc
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-01-14 15:36:11 UTC
it's in blog now
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/more-deployables-from-super-friends/

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

CCP Paradox
#30 - 2014-01-14 16:39:39 UTC
I will make sure they get put out on all market regions for the standard 100 ISK Sisi price tomorrow.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Shiti Dama
Hull Zero Two
#31 - 2014-01-14 22:48:44 UTC
It is not a bonus 20%!

Current bounty of pirate ships in null sec will be nerfed by 20% without a ESS deployed.

ESS deployed and generating ISK tags will increase bounty payout by 5% relative to current live bounty values.

Proceed with the river of tears.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-01-14 23:41:44 UTC
Bienator II wrote:

Fixed it for you.
Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-01-15 00:36:47 UTC
Not deploying that thing in my system. Screw that i would prefer my 95% ISk payout then onlining a ESS, rat with 80% bountys and then i have to collect my share from that thing. And afterwards i have to fly to highsec to actually get my ISK. Yeah sounds legit. Mobile structures are supposed to be usefull not beeing annoying. I thought nullsec should b
Scarlett Wesson
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-01-15 12:43:48 UTC
You get tags only if you choose "Take all". The selling is the price to pay for stealing. Big smile
Wasabi EyeGouge
Tax Holiday
#35 - 2014-01-16 00:35:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Wasabi EyeGouge
mynnna wrote:
Red Garsk wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:
Red Garsk wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:
It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Stop dicking around please. Multiple CCP people have denied the coming of the D-Scan disrupter and you have seen the massive amounts of negative feedback on it, and still you decided to release it.

Just be honest about stuff and for once, listen to the feedback given.

When we're ready, we will tell you but not before then. I will say however that this deployable will be for Rubicon 1.1.

Ok... I am just very disappointed by the lack of listening to feedback that you guys do, I haven't seen much participation from the CSM or CCP in feedback threads.

I can pretty well guarantee you that CCP listens to feedback. Listening does not necessarily mean they act on it.

That is good to know that they listen but they should be mindful of what we hear when they speak. We are not privy to the behind the scenes observation and discussion surrounding our feedback but what we do see is an employee making a joke while not commenting on the issue at hand. No one is saying you cannot enjoy your job or have fun doing it but in these cases it comes across as CCP dicking around instead of listening to it's customers. It would have been better for CCP to post nothing at all than what he did. Better yet, he could have said, "Hey monitoring this thread and (insert joke here)." Instead, I just picture someone goofing off at his desk while paying no mind to anyone's input. No one expects everything posted to be implemented; just that when they comment, they acknowledge other people commented as well.
Previous page12