These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve on full graphic settings

Author
hydraSlav
Synergy Evolved
#1 - 2014-01-09 19:14:31 UTC
Not sure where the correct section for this is, so please move if i am offending anyone.

What do i need to run EvE on full graphics settings, with 2 monitors (1080p resolution) and 2 clients?
I am talking about CPU Type and Speed, RAM, GPU type and RAM
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2 - 2014-01-09 19:17:04 UTC
hydraSlav wrote:
Not sure where the correct section for this is, so please move if i am offending anyone.

What do i need to run EvE on full graphics settings, with 2 monitors (1080p resolution) and 2 clients?
I am talking about CPU Type and Speed, RAM, GPU type and RAM

If you are starting a post with "Sorry if this is in the wrong place..." or anything similar then you are without question in the wrong place.

Please click this link.

The droids you ARE looking for.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Notorious Fellon
#3 - 2014-01-09 19:24:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Notorious Fellon
I do not know what the bare minimums would be. All I can tell you is what the lowest spec machine I know for certain can run it at full (in my home).

I7 3.0 GHZ CPU
GTX 580 video card
8 GB RAM
7,200 RPM SATA drive

That system above runs three copies of the game on two monitors in small encounters with no slow down. In large fleet battles it handles a single copy of the game full screen windowed with frame rates never lower than 60 fps (tested on 500 ship battle). CPU is rarely taxed (docking and initial load on warp in shows a slight rise but never pegged for a noticeable amount of time).

My other machine has SLI (2X) GTX 580's and a I7 980 Extreme Black edition CPU with 16 GB of Patriot (tightened timings) and dual flash drives (one on boot and games, one on swap file). I have run other games, coded and developed in Unity while dual boxing EVE. I have yet to see any issue in frame rate on that system no matter what I do to it.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Toshiroma McDiesel
Lupus Draconis
The Lost Drone Society
#4 - 2014-01-09 19:56:57 UTC
I got this on sale Xmas day and so far I can run 3 clients at the same time will full graphics (including HDR), and the fans aren't even working hard (need to try that while running minecraft one of theses days, thats a true test Pirate )

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220444

I"m not really the Evil One, I'm just his answering service.