These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Negative 600 Million Isk.

First post
Author
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#41 - 2014-01-08 12:25:29 UTC
Rastafarian God wrote:
Im assuming you are the one that was honest.

Honest but not entirely innocent. I wasn't RMTing, but I logged into someone's account who was.
Rastafarian God
#42 - 2014-01-08 12:44:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Rastafarian God
Thank you for the replies to my question. I wasnt trying to thread jack but still.

Ever since I started playing this game I've been surprised this stuff goes on. As far as game / MMO devs go, the people at CCP are like GODS. they actually care more about making a good game and doing stuff correctly then making money. Although to be fair, they know that there costumer base wants that in a company so they make money... but still lol.

If there was ever a game not to try this crap in this is it. I learned that early on and am Surprised that it still happens.

Thanks again for the edumacation.
Jaiden Demonia
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-01-08 13:26:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaiden Demonia
I just found this on Google, and it leaves many open questions.

http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?t=63837\

Also it is true that CCP can see the IP of every account but what CCP Fail to understand is that a person like me who truly wanted to hide their identity behind RMT could simply use a (VPN) or (VPS) server which I own both and install EVE On it for the sole purpose of money laundry, and disposable accounts which btw you can buy 20+ CD keys off Steam when it goes for sale and just not register them for about $5 a piece.

My point is I know exactly what RMT is, I really don't give 2 cents about what RMT or Gold Farmers do unless I see someone botting in an online game where it be EVE, or Guild Wars 2, or someone spamming gold sells like in Many F2P Games I really don't care what they do with their business sure its against EULA to do Real Money Transactions, but its not my problem I make enough cash through trades to other players and use of auction house for what I need, and days that I come up short I buy Plex/ETC, or just pay with a credit-card.

Understand when I say I have spent over 10 years playing MMO's and I know what gold-sellers and illegal things people do have been a victim myself to two wow account compromises because of an Add-on which was infected even had my account perm-banned on wow for gold spamming but Blizzard gave the account and items back just as it was. I have also seen the things that players steep down to like Teleport hacking in Guild Wars 2 to obtain Items to sell them these are the type of actions I would never support in any online game and if I knew a transaction was Dirty in EVE I would never accept a trade knowingly that came from a compromised account, or illegally obtained items through use of bots, but then again how is everyone supposed to know when a Trade is always bad to me its a matter of trust, and respect for the gaming community not to do dishonorable acts including (Scamming) which some people agree with is a part of EVE sure its a part of EVE but to me it is not something that I would do to others.

I have also seen game companies that sit by and doing nothing as well like NcSoft when my L2 account was compromised due to a exploit when their game went F2P along with some other players GM did absolutely nothing, but claim its my fault when my account was secure for over 5 years until 24 hours after it goes F2P, makes perfect sense.

In General I could go on and on all day about RMT, and ways to circumvent bans/exploits in online games because I do lots of Alpha, and Beta tests in online games often find issues including security issues in recent browser RPG games which I report to devs.

Yes of course there is no choice to but to wait for a response from the petition, I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get this sorted out because I have a mining fleet I have to get back up and running again and every day it takes its a loss of profit.
Careby
#44 - 2014-01-08 13:31:01 UTC
Jaiden Demonia wrote:
...Currently I have 4 other accounts waiting to come back and make another 3-5 billion isk this month, but can't actively renew any of them until this little issues is taken care of and I have read that it can take weeks for anyone to get back in response to a petition, I have had some very long waits on some in the past too.

Look on the bright side - you haven't been banned from the game, and you're only one plex in the hole. Do what you need to do to get your balance back to positive (ideally, this won't include a transfer of RMT isk) and put your mad isk-making skills to work. You'll be space rich in short order.


Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#45 - 2014-01-08 13:31:33 UTC
Jaiden Demonia wrote:
Usually what I do is offer my resources at discounted price to players and Corps I know in EVE in a contract for 0 ISK, I let them pay me because I trust them I actually know the people I contract it to if not I wouldn't contract it for 0 ISK.

They pay me directly to wallet, or later in some way if I agree to it usually its directly to wallet most of the time though.



You realise no one is actually going to fall for that hilarious "explanation", right?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#46 - 2014-01-08 13:33:17 UTC
Jaiden Demonia wrote:
Also it is true that CCP can see the IP of every account but what CCP Fail to understand is that a person like me who truly wanted to hide their identity behind RMT could simply use a (VPN) or (VPS) server which I own both and install EVE On it for the sole purpose of money laundry, and disposable accounts which btw you can buy 20+ CD keys off Steam when it goes for sale and just not register them for about $5 a piece.
…none of which would actually launder any money or hide your identity.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#47 - 2014-01-08 13:36:10 UTC
Jaiden Demonia wrote:


Yes of course there is no choice to but to wait for a response from the petition, I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get this sorted out because I have a mining fleet I have to get back up and running again and every day it takes its a loss of profit.


The first half explains why your "I know it all" rant is meaningless and has no effect on what people think about your situation (which, BTW you obviously care about or you wouldnt have posted any of this in the first place).

The second half explains why even less people have sympathy for you than they did before you posted your comment.

And before you say something witty about my opinion having no effect on you, I dont care if you dont care.

The opinions of your kind are of little concern to me.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-01-08 13:47:41 UTC
RMT they will cry about, but not bullying. Nobody said EVE was a moral business practice. You can lie and say that your war decing people to raise money for a "good cause" and get away with it (against the law everywhere). Your best bet is to walk away.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#49 - 2014-01-08 13:53:40 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
You can lie and say that your war decing people to raise money for a "good cause" and get away with it (against the law everywhere).


Unless you are a country.

They do that ship all the time.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2014-01-08 13:58:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelica Dreamstar
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Jaiden Demonia wrote:


Yes of course there is no choice to but to wait for a response from the petition, I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get this sorted out because I have a mining fleet I have to get back up and running again and every day it takes its a loss of profit.


The first half explains why your "I know it all" rant is meaningless and has no effect on what people think about your situation (which, BTW you obviously care about or you wouldnt have posted any of this in the first place).

The second half explains why even less people have sympathy for you than they did before you posted your comment.

And before you say something witty about my opinion having no effect on you, I dont care if you dont care.

The opinions of your kind are of little concern to me.
It doesn't make sense to begin with.

If she wanted to make money, she wouldn't waste three accounts with mining. Even if she needed minerals, there are activities bringing in much more ISM in less time, allowing to buy more minerals than she could be mining in the same timeframe.

Yet she whines about profit. Ridiculous 3-5 billion a month.
It makes no sense. She smells fishy ... guess she should take a shower ... eeeewwww -.-

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#51 - 2014-01-08 13:59:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:
You can lie and say that your war decing people to raise money for a "good cause" and get away with it (against the law everywhere).


Unless you are a country.

They do that ship all the time.

It's for their own good, honestly.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#52 - 2014-01-08 14:14:26 UTC
Jaiden Demonia wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to your 0 ISK transaction thing, even _if_ you didn't RMT/launder CCP can't directly tie the ISK you received to the minerals you gave. That makes a it rather difficult for them to reverse the transaction.


Not going to lie I could give a class on exactly how to do this in online games, and even games which support Real Money Trading like Entropia, but believe me I wouldn't use my own account for such actions, I am just not a stupid person.



CCP doesn't need to initially detect RMT via transaction anomalies at the final beneficiary. ie that almost certainly isn't how they detect.

They just need to hunt bots, hunt advertising RMT sources and keep an eye on isoboxers and certain huge asset piles as plex caps the price of ISK to be borderline or likely below human farming outside of asset pile skimming. Once you have the source, it takes tremendous inefficiency to hide a significant beneficiary, (which pushes it further into the realm of bot only).

Also the server moves (and can log) assets from database to simulation when you undock with them and vice versa, so space games won't hide them either.
Ginger Barbarella
#53 - 2014-01-08 14:19:21 UTC
I never really understood why people come here to cry over getting caught in RMT'ing... I don't get it. Sorry. It can't be about shame, because they're anonymous behind a pixel wall, the penalty isn't tied to their personal credit device (credit card, debit card, etc), their account is still active...

I just don't get it.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#54 - 2014-01-08 14:22:27 UTC
1: Contracts are in game for a reason. There is no legitimate reason not to use them.

2: It doesn't matter if you trust someone, if they obtained their ISK or assets via RMT and you received them... you will have them yanked from your account when they get caught.

3: You're making it painfully apparent your hands aren't clean, you should probably stop posting.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#55 - 2014-01-08 14:28:10 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
I just don't get it.
When someone thinks they've outsmarted the devs and beaten the system, being beaten to a pulp by that system exposes that they're… less clever… and that tends to elicit this kind of reaction. P
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2014-01-08 14:29:00 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
RMT they will cry about, but not bullying. Nobody said EVE was a moral business practice. You can lie and say that your war decing people to raise money for a "good cause" and get away with it (against the law everywhere). Your best bet is to walk away.


This thread is about OP being an RMT'er not the Iraq war mate.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Vipre Morte
Team JK
#57 - 2014-01-08 14:29:02 UTC
Gogela wrote:
I am spaceship.


OMG me too!!! I thought I was the only one!!! Lol
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#58 - 2014-01-08 14:33:51 UTC
Either
Your 0 isk shenanigans were an attempt to launder your own RMTing
or
You were unlucky and received a large amount of RMTed isk

Either way CCP has now removed the RMTed isk from the game.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#59 - 2014-01-08 15:48:17 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Jaiden Demonia wrote:
Like seriously I make a lot of transactions this month in EVE, I sell over 3 Billion worth of resources this month in EVE, and I log back into EVE a few days later to see that my account is Negative 600 Million ISK for some odd reason.

RMT is bad, m'kay?
Even if you weren't the one who did it.

Seeking answers to RMT 'corrections' in the EVE-O fora is also bad, m'kay?
Petition, and expect the process ot be sloooooooow. After all, there are more pressing issues than yours, and there are a LOT of logs to check if they are to clear your name.


Xurr wrote:


Anyhow all you can do is wait for a response, aside from being viciously mocked on the forums.

^^
This.
Especially the 'mocking' part.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#60 - 2014-01-08 16:10:37 UTC
Rastafarian God wrote:
I honestly can not fathom using EVE to trade real world money. Maybe its just because I'm older then the internet, have a degree in computers. and just know better to fall for it


Wow. I'd bet that a lot of this community falls into that older than the internet, degree in computer science, and just know better crowd.

0/

Rastafarian God wrote:
But still. Are we talking about the equivalent of buying gold in WOW? IF that is the case.. why would people do that in this game ESPECIALLY with the existence of PLEX? I just dont get it.


That is exactly what we are talking about except that I think the alleged infraction here is that the OP is accused of giving items to someone and getting nothing in-game for them so perhaps getting Real World currencies instead.

As far as why people do that - I think it's because they are, at least in general, stupid.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!