These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Mystery: What is the Encounter Surveillance System?

First post First post
Author
Temuken Radzu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-01-07 19:03:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Temuken Radzu
It seems there is another deployable that might get into Rubicon 1.1: the Encounter Surveillance System
It already has a model and it seems some sort of sensor system. And it deploys in the preview mode some sort of field. Similar to warp bubbles but yellow in color.
The discripion is that of the small siphon unit.
What could it be? Could it be something for local?
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-01-08 00:41:49 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Some of those might be planned for 1.1 but we're not ready to announce them, some might be planned for releases beyond 1.1, some might be experimental test categories that have been in the database for a while and may never go anywhere. Afraid I can't tell you which (beyond these two) quite yet.

Usual test server disclaimer applies.

Source
Legion40k
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#3 - 2014-01-08 00:50:22 UTC
heres a piccy in low graphics [woot]

http://gyazo.com/64a8794a42b171b931b848248a54961b

time to speculate!
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#4 - 2014-01-08 05:06:37 UTC
~ x files music ~

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-01-08 05:56:00 UTC
Why do i think this thing is like a ship detector? Just think of it you are living in a wormhole and when some 1 jumps in and you placed that thing like 60km away from a entrance a alarm bell will ring notifying what ship is going to pass trough. Could aswell be used for nullsec intel channels to see what ships are passing trough.
CCP Paradox
#6 - 2014-01-08 10:59:57 UTC
It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Red Garsk
#7 - 2014-01-08 14:26:07 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:

Stop dicking around please. Multiple CCP people have denied the coming of the D-Scan disrupter and you have seen the massive amounts of negative feedback on it, and still you decided to release it.

Just be honest about stuff and for once, listen to the feedback given.
CCP Paradox
#8 - 2014-01-08 14:29:38 UTC
Red Garsk wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:

Stop dicking around please. Multiple CCP people have denied the coming of the D-Scan disrupter and you have seen the massive amounts of negative feedback on it, and still you decided to release it.

When we're ready, we will tell you but not before then. I will say however that this deployable will be for Rubicon 1.1.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Red Garsk
#9 - 2014-01-08 14:33:02 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
Red Garsk wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:

When we're ready, we will tell you but not before then. I will say however that this deployable will be for Rubicon 1.1.

Ok... I am just very disappointed by the lack of listening to feedback that you guys do, I haven't seen much participation from the CSM or CCP in feedback threads.
Legion40k
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#10 - 2014-01-08 14:58:19 UTC
Nicen Jehr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-01-08 14:59:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicen Jehr
i hypothesize that this auto-dscans and alerts you if something shows up! edit: huh wtf
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2014-01-08 15:41:07 UTC
Red Garsk wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:
Red Garsk wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:

Ok... I am just very disappointed by the lack of listening to feedback that you guys do, I haven't seen much participation from the CSM or CCP in feedback threads.

I can pretty well guarantee you that CCP listens to feedback. Listening does not necessarily mean they act on it.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Temuken Radzu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-01-08 15:43:44 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:
Why do i think this thing is like a ship detector? Just think of it you are living in a wormhole and when some 1 jumps in and you placed that thing like 60km away from a entrance a alarm bell will ring notifying what ship is going to pass trough. Could aswell be used for nullsec intel channels to see what ships are passing trough.

Would realy like this. A deployable that detects when someone enters the field and gives the info to the owner. Could be a subsitution when local gets delayed mode in all systems similair like in wormholes.
Red Garsk
#14 - 2014-01-08 15:49:57 UTC
Temuken Radzu wrote:
Cheng Musana wrote:

Would realy like this. A deployable that detects when someone enters the field and gives the info to the owner. Could be a subsitution when local gets delayed mode in all systems similair like in wormholes.

I would also like this feature very much, it would add to gameplay and would open up options to people who would otherwise be sitting on the wormhole...
Vesan Terakol
Trollgrin Sadface
Dark Taboo
#15 - 2014-01-08 17:47:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vesan Terakol
Legion40k wrote:

Hmm, sounds like... adding a bounty on people with low security status... from an empire... hmm... in lowsec.

That's cool.

P.S. Or could it be low empire standing?
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#16 - 2014-01-08 23:33:05 UTC
I guess it should say "Minmatar Empire" in description of Minmatar version of this thingy. Or maybe Amarr pays for effects of both of them?

Invalid signature format

Elgin Stone
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-01-10 10:55:24 UTC
Hmmm...retribution. The ability for a criminal to hide, unpunished, in an NPC Corp

The suspense is killing me......
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#18 - 2014-01-10 19:19:51 UTC
"Encounter Surveillance System"

Why hasn't anyone said "That sounds like a long-winded name for a Battle Recorder" yet?

Do I really have to point it out for you?
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#19 - 2014-01-10 19:39:40 UTC
Vesan Terakol wrote:
in lowsec.

Lowsec is still empire space. If those descriptions are correct, this module is likely only useful in null.
Draconus Lofwyr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-01-11 02:19:53 UTC
looking at the specs on sisi, 500k from a pos, 300k from a station or gate, sounds like this is designed to allow faction bounties, standings and possibly LP from nullsec rats or anoms.

I have suspicions that they will have more to do with the new ghost sites.

12Next page