These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Stop lowsec exploration sites from escalating into hisec

Author
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-01-07 12:36:36 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
You can use your alts by warping to the escalation in your pod and then warp your alt to it in a proper ship.

Pirates not getting stronger all of a sudden is a weak excuse, considering high sec incursions and enemy outposts all over the place.

I stand by my point that criminals should not expect to get everything the game offers if they want to be criminals full-time.

And standing by a 'Do it with an alt' mentality is just bad. Not everyone in Eve has alts. And not everyone who has them keep them in the same areas, or train them to do the same things.....

Further, I had a 5.0 alt, until I needed him and now he's like... 4.8. Could easily be 5.0 with a few hours work, if I wanted. So yeah... I've done 'my bit.' I also don't stand to gain from this, cause... I don't run sites. My -10 is too valuable to me.

Incursions are an entirely different thing. Outposts that start in High sec, L4 missions... those are not the same. Tossing out fail statement, TY.

Criminals don't expect to get everything.... read can't access any of the major markets, can't stay in high sec without getting blapped, have to sec up before coming back to live in high sec and also get rid of all kill rights..... Again, not expecting to get everything at all. Only asking that the standard progression for escalation is enforced on these new sites as well. High -> Low -> Null.

Your failure to understand this point is well understood. This is not the thread you are looking for. Move along.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#42 - 2014-01-07 15:19:12 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:

Yep, a guy chose to Pirate. He also chose to use one of the income streams available to him(without alts) and those same mechanics made it not just unlikely for him, but completely impossible.

true, however, the mechanic wouldnt be an issue if he wasn't -10.

it is entirely possible to run sites in low sec and then to complete the escalation in hi-sec without being shot at by the locals provided u dnt have low sec status.

the arguing point here is: piracy is a choice, and it has consequences just like this one.

im fully aware that high seccers aversion to low sec is their own volition, but its not an irrational one. they are often inexperienced in the game and, in low sec, stand out like a light house. Add to that the fact that few PvP viable fits will complete the escalation in a decent time, and bringing buddies makes the reward less worth while than just running more sites or missions. When a low sec escalation comes up, they are often skipped because the risks make the reward meaningless.

TL:DR
Just like a carebear can choose to not go into low sec to pursue the impossible and/or un profitable, a pirate can choose not to screw up his sec status.

+1 for treating them the same.
However, it could have just been an oversight by CCP. time will tell.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#43 - 2014-01-07 15:24:32 UTC
Didn' read the entire thread, but I was under the impression that escalations always went to lower security systems? Example, hisec escalation ends in lowsec (not all the time), lowsec escalations end in null. At least this is what has always happened with me.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#44 - 2014-01-07 15:27:42 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:

Criminals don't expect to get everything.... read can't access any of the major markets, can't stay in high sec without getting blapped, have to sec up before coming back to live in high sec and also get rid of all kill rights..... Again, not expecting to get everything at all. Only asking that the standard progression for escalation is enforced on these new sites as well. High -> Low -> Null.

criminals do not have restricted access to the markets. criminals travel through hi sec very often. the criminal status simply prevents them from stayin on grid for about 1 minute.

so they cant rat in hi-sec, which they mostly arent interested in anyways. Criminal status' accomplish little more than giving u a red background on everyone elses overview to make u look scary.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Loki Feiht
Pathfinders.
Shattered Foundations
#45 - 2014-01-07 21:12:25 UTC
Its also worth pointing out the obvious and saying that if exploration escalations are his bread and butter why is he still -10?

More NPC - Randomly Generated Modular Content thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=220858

Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2014-01-07 22:02:03 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Kenrailae wrote:

criminals do not have restricted access to the markets. criminals travel through hi sec very often. the criminal status simply prevents them from stayin on grid for about 1 minute.

so they cant rat in hi-sec, which they mostly arent interested in anyways. Criminal status' accomplish little more than giving u a red background on everyone elses overview to make u look scary.

So I can get in my Itty 4 and just go to Hek or Jita or Rens or Amarr no problems right?

Nope.

I'll revise my statement: Can't realistically access the major markets for anything more than would fit in an interceptor and even then still having a high probability of getting caught on the undock.

This doesn't bother us ^ We accept that.

A tengu will run a low sec site with ease, and can warp cloaked, and sneaky with extreme ease. And A tengu capable of this is only about 550m, if that. Pretty easy.

A tengu won't run a high sec escalation with low sec status because concord will still blow you up.

As I said to the other guy, this isn't about pirates wanting a break or to not be 'punished for our lives of crime.'

Just asking for the escalations to flow how they should : High -> Low -> Null.

Us older pirates aren't bothered too much either way. Between our alts, friends, and other sources of income, the occasional escalation going to high sec is an acceptable loss. Where the problem comes in is where younger players trying to get by in low sec get these. They don't have as many resources, don't have as many(or any) alts(And standing by the get an alt to do it argument is just, for lack of a better term, stupid), and these low sec sites are one of their few, viable, consistent isk making options. We're not asking for fewer penalties, we're not asking to have our hands held, we're not asking to be treated special, we're not asking to be given privilege, we're not asking for CCP to give us a break. We're only asking for sites to escalate in the fashion they are supposed to, which is in a high -> low -> null pattern.

If this concept escapes you, then please move along.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#47 - 2014-01-07 22:28:34 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Didn' read the entire thread, but I was under the impression that escalations always went to lower security systems? Example, hisec escalation ends in lowsec (not all the time), lowsec escalations end in null. At least this is what has always happened with me.

That used to be the case. CCP copy-pasted hisec exploration sites into lowsec though, so they're behaving as if they were still in hisec. This means that their escalations can (and do) end up in hisec.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-01-07 23:59:59 UTC
it definitely sounds like an oversight. CCP forgets the pirates sometimes I think. What is made available for people with low sec status is pretty pathetic in comparison to what is available to people with a high sec status.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#49 - 2014-01-08 00:24:51 UTC
Signed.

Just ignore Meyr and the like - they are deliberately derailing a valid issue. The current mechanic clearly doesn’t support the stated intention.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Nevil Kincade
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2014-03-24 14:14:21 UTC
This needs CCP's attention

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
Previous page123