These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Extra! extra!! ccp bufing afk play and nerfing legit play once again!!!

Author
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#61 - 2014-01-07 12:58:42 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
I'm completely missing the point of this module. Do people randomly fly to scanned locations, uncloaked, at zero, or do they warp cloaked to take a look first?

I think the latter. So, pointless module is pointless.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#62 - 2014-01-07 13:47:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
It's a module with a niche use. Why is CCP out to get everyone again?

Looks like fun. Coming soon to a Lowsec/WH near you.

Also agree with victoria - if people are just sitting in it - someone is going to warp something cloaked that direction. It's good to stage an ambush in someone elses wormhole... or your own (until it gets scanned down).
Treborr MintingtonJr
S.N.O.T
S.N.O.T.
#63 - 2014-01-07 13:56:54 UTC
Sounds like a module you would use to hide fleets of ships, especially capitals from dscan.

If they were hiding one afk ship, the deployable structure is actually easier to scan with probes so I don't see any problems here.
StuRyan
Space Wolves ind.
Solyaris Chtonium
#64 - 2014-01-07 14:05:52 UTC
huh?

Sounds like a it could be a fun game play, hiding a fleet so target doesn't know where they are.

However, it be easier to make the module do something with local - ie hide characters from local.

Whilst we're at it could do with a hide local chat button, the amount of smack in eve is horrible.
Deunan Tenephais
#65 - 2014-01-07 14:23:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Deunan Tenephais
If this thing ever make it live, I propose we nickname it "a schrod", for :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Of course, the one warping to it will be the cat: either dead or alive.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#66 - 2014-01-07 14:25:23 UTC
I can see use for this! Awesome!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#67 - 2014-01-07 14:27:28 UTC
Chribba wrote:

LORD CHRIBBA OF THE VELDNAUGHT has spoken
This debate is finished!

How do I jump to where people started posting after me in a thread?
I keep going to the first page.
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#68 - 2014-01-07 14:42:07 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's what cloaked scouts are for.

Except for the fact that this module effectively eliminates every 'cloaked scout' shiptype apart from nullified probing t3s...

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

TharOkha
0asis Group
#69 - 2014-01-07 15:41:18 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Except for the fact that this module effectively eliminates every 'cloaked scout' shiptype apart from nullified probing t3s...

Why? you can still warp NOT TO ZERO...
Deunan Tenephais
#70 - 2014-01-07 15:47:34 UTC
Seriously people, you fly an inty, warp to 100km, take a screenshot with the overview broad open and warp out.
It will take a few seconds at most.
Prie Mary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#71 - 2014-01-07 16:19:17 UTC
I am torn, I like the idea of being stealthy and hiding someones gang. But this feels game breaking.

Where they are so cheap, and id assume easily probable, this will make 0.0 ratting/ carebearing safer then empire, fill a system with them, then use your own and roaming gangs will never find you.

Removing local would be a far more interesting twist on this, as it would make deep safes (far enough from objects to not be on D-scan) useful again

Dont just [u]think[/u] outside the box, [u]Live[/u] outside of it...

Prie Mary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#72 - 2014-01-07 16:20:12 UTC
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
Seriously people, you fly an inty, warp to 100km, take a screenshot with the overview broad open and warp out.
It will take a few seconds at most.

I was going to say bubbles... but........... yeah intys immunity Pirate

Dont just [u]think[/u] outside the box, [u]Live[/u] outside of it...

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#73 - 2014-01-07 16:39:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Pix Severus wrote:
Quote:
This structure prevents anything inside its 30km radius from appearing on either DScan or Probe Scans. The Scan Inhibitor structure itself however does show up on both types of scan and is very easy to probe down.

What's the problem?

While I'm still butthurt over what Fozzie did to the rapid missile launchers, I gotta say that anything giving the gank squads a reason to pause is a good thing. There's nothing wrong with masking forces. Is that a lone miner ripe for a gank, or is that an intie gang?

But all that it would take is a warpable hit and a warp-to while cloaked - if even necessary - to see what's there.

I can see this module also being a great decoy. Evidently its presence implies something important to hide.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2014-01-07 16:45:47 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Chribba wrote:

I'm so glad you're not in charge of balancing anything. May you never be.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2014-01-07 16:47:39 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
TharOkha wrote:
Eram Fidard wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Unless there's a bubble inside the MSI.

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
ANYWAY .. just out of curiousity can you light a cyno inside one of these things? ... and just how many caps and supers can you actually fit inside a 30km radius sphere in space ?

There's nothing to indicate you can't, and a large control tower's radius is 30 km which should give you some indication. You can stuff quite a few supers inside a large pos.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2014-01-07 17:49:31 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
covert ops

You're not going to want to warp a covops anywhere in the direction of one of these in nullsec, especially if you have to scan it down first.

Approaching these from a safe is unlikely to hit a bubble.

Make safes first before warping in and it should be ok. I would be wary of warping directly from celestials, gates and stations, but then my other character doesn't scan from these locations either. It's always from a safe made either just before scanning, or previously made.

However if someone is vigilent/OCD/paranoid/smart/bored enough to place a full sphere of bubbles around one, then good luck to them. My bad if I lose a ship and that's part of the game. For the most part though I find people do the least amount that is still effective, so it's unlikely that there will be bubbles on an approach from a well made safe.

What if the bubble is anchored at 0 on the scan inhibitor? There will be no possible approach vector, and unlike with stargates, you can't burn towards the gate to escape. I'd be most worried about small bubbles being used in conjunction with the scan inhibitor because it insures that the target lands in a very small area.

EDIT: I'm assuming the scan inhibitor is in a mission pocket or safe, or other unscannable area that won't have tacticals available.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Lin Fatale
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2014-01-07 17:50:17 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
the idea of the module is to cloak whats there, not to prevent it from showing. it creates risk for the attackers... they could be landing on a deadspace pocket with a few pve ships and crappy t1 logis, or landing on a grid filled with tons of 720mm at the edge of optimal ready to blap them.

i think its great, and it will be used mainly by people baiting lowsec pvp heroes to their deaths.

eventually some carebears will use them to pretend they aren't flying a drake or some other crap, and lowsec pirates will have to leave them alone or take the gamble.

the attackers are mostly in disadvatange already.
- small gangs have to invest hours to go through empty 0.0 space to find interesting things
- they have to fight the local camps / instalock falcon camps
- the owner of the space has jumpbridges to cut down every possible route if they want
- owner of the space usualy brings higher numbers, counter ships etc.
- the ratting areas have 10-30 bubbles on the gates
- the ratters have most of the time intel of hostile gangs so they can hide already
- ratters have mjd fitted and still a good chance to get out

there is only a small chance to survive all that AND find AND tackle a ratter.
And now on top of this with the new modules there is another really high chance that your small gang will just get trapped and rapped.

Fleet movements and restulting opportunity to generate fights is the engine for 0.0
If nobody moves because its not worth to move, the game is dead.

And unfornuately CCP is working in that direction for years now.
And that former eve players like fozzie and rise are supporting this way, I cant even find words for that... really disappointed

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#78 - 2014-01-07 17:51:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
As I mentioned in the original thread, I think these modules are indeed more about carebear love than anything else, and shows where CCP's mindset is on the road to nerfdom....

The unlimited micro jump module is carebear love, so they can hop around in their mission pockets faster. Makes it even harder for a mission flipper to get tackle on an agressing bear as an added nerf hisec bonus.

The dscan/probe hiding module is clearly carebear love, so again they have another layer of protection between them and the mission flipping pirate. The pirate must now actually warp (or his cloaky alt) into the bears pocket to see whats actually there, slowing down his overall flipping output considerably.

And of course the existing modules like the tractor unit have way too many structure hitpoints, making it far to difficult to kill said ship-launched structure before the little bear reels it back into cargo again. Structure hitpoints on these modules s/b a third of what they are -- their shields and armor as well, they are fricking ship-launched temporary modules for crying out loud.

In summary, all I see here is an intent to provide nerf-hisec carebear love, dressed up as functionality for all players.

Meh. F#$(*#$ing carebears.
Frumpylumps Faplord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2014-01-07 18:19:11 UTC
Lin Fatale wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
the idea of the module is to cloak whats there, not to prevent it from showing. it creates risk for the attackers... they could be landing on a deadspace pocket with a few pve ships and crappy t1 logis, or landing on a grid filled with tons of 720mm at the edge of optimal ready to blap them.

i think its great, and it will be used mainly by people baiting lowsec pvp heroes to their deaths.

eventually some carebears will use them to pretend they aren't flying a drake or some other crap, and lowsec pirates will have to leave them alone or take the gamble.

the attackers are mostly in disadvatange already.
- small gangs have to invest hours to go through empty 0.0 space to find interesting things
- they have to fight the local camps / instalock falcon camps
- the owner of the space has jumpbridges to cut down every possible route if they want
- owner of the space usualy brings higher numbers, counter ships etc.
- the ratting areas have 10-30 bubbles on the gates
- the ratters have most of the time intel of hostile gangs so they can hide already
- ratters have mjd fitted and still a good chance to get out

there is only a small chance to survive all that AND find AND tackle a ratter.
And now on top of this with the new modules there is another really high chance that your small gang will just get trapped and rapped.

Fleet movements and restulting opportunity to generate fights is the engine for 0.0
If nobody moves because its not worth to move, the game is dead.

And unfornuately CCP is working in that direction for years now.
And that former eve players like fozzie and rise are supporting this way, I cant even find words for that... really disappointed

poor baby, you might actually have to take some risks for being an aggressor now. Adapt or die.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#80 - 2014-01-07 18:27:13 UTC
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
If this thing ever make it live, I propose we nickname it "a schrod", for :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Of course, the one warping to it will be the cat: either dead or alive.

Schrod-box. As in the Box that Schrodinger proposed...

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
Eram Fidard wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Unless there's a bubble inside the MSI.
Unless the scout is driving an Inty... As has already been pointed out.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc