These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Renaming some autocannons to actually be called autocannons

First post
Author
Vincintius Agrippa
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#101 - 2013-12-09 20:47:17 UTC
Who gives a **** what you call the guns, fix missiles and caldari ships.
Only YOU can prevent internet bullying!
Mournful Conciousness
Embers Children
TOHA Conglomerate
#102 - 2013-12-10 10:22:28 UTC
Vincintius Agrippa wrote:
Who gives a **** what you call the guns, fix missiles and caldari ships.

They were fixed, and fixed good...

(and it was about time)

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#103 - 2013-12-10 10:24:03 UTC
Glad you like. :D

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Mournful Conciousness
Embers Children
TOHA Conglomerate
#104 - 2013-12-10 10:43:53 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Glad you like. :D

Respectfully FoxFour I have to agree with the other people in this thread who said that they preferred the pre-rationalised names of modules, skills and guns. It gave the game a nice flavour.

Some people call it dumbing down, and some call it simplification.

I have played Eve exclusively for over 3 years. The reason I have played it in preference to any other game is actually its complexity and richness, which I like.

The one area I'd be grateful if you would look at is the hot-drop-preventing-small-roaming-fleet problem.

I'd love to roam lowsec and nullsec with a group of 5-7 friends, but every time we tried it we got hotdropped the moment we engaged anything.

This shuts the door to a whole area of fun gameplay. It's a real shame. I was hoping the new cyno blocker would help, but it's not the right tool for the job (cost, setup time etc).

Eve would be a better game if you could fix this.

Many thanks.

/MC

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Markku Laaksonen
EVE University
Ivy League
#105 - 2013-12-10 14:55:33 UTC
I preferred unique names for mods rather than the Upgraded / Limited / Experimental / Prototype scheme for Metas 1-4. Gives the game a nice feel. Ability to sort the market would fix a lot of problems with knowing offhand whether (for example) Arbalest launchers are better than Malkuth launchers. Sort by Meta, immediately see that T1 M0 launchers are at the top, followed by Malkuth, Limos, etc...

Also, why is this still stickied?

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy

Careby
#106 - 2013-12-16 13:52:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Careby
I notice a few blueprints currently have a mismatch between what they are named and what they produce:

6x2500mm Repeating Artillery I Blueprint produces 6x2500mm Repeating Cannon I
800mm Repeating Artillery I Blueprint produces 800mm Repeating Cannon I
Dual 650mm Repeating Artillery I Blueprint produces Dual 650mm Repeating Cannon I

Edit: Bug report submitted
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#107 - 2013-12-17 12:41:03 UTC
I'll just add my voice to the crowd asking for non-camel-case names. "Autocannon" not "AutoCannon".

Is there any option of modifying the market search so that searching for "auto cannon" will list all items in the "autocannon" category, regardless of name? This way you can satisfy the base requirement (be able to find auto cannons available nearby) while not upsetting the folks who like the variety of item names (auto cannon, repeating cannon, machine gun).

Sorry I'm so late to the party though.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#108 - 2013-12-27 09:25:06 UTC
any chance of unstickying this thread??

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Coyote Laughing
#109 - 2014-01-04 09:18:24 UTC
I'd be happier if the dual and quad barrels were replaced with some kind of defensive turret, like an anti-missile system or drone "anti-aircraft" gun - which can be used offensively at close ranges.

Changing the name to "multi-" is another option, rather than dual and quad, or 250mm autocannon array (for example).

l8r \o/

Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#110 - 2014-01-07 13:11:33 UTC
HiddenPorpoise wrote:
Repeating autocannon is a silly name.

+1, repeating artillery made sense. However it is not your fault that the average IQ of your player base is 65.
xXNavidsonXx
Frenzied Faoladh
#111 - 2014-01-16 18:55:55 UTC
Every time you rename something like this you are destroying part of someone's creative dream and design.

It's like changing the color of the eyes of your neighbor's child so it matches the rest of the street's children.

Also I fly Minmatar and repeating artillery was, and always will be, intimidating and awesome. Stop.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#112 - 2014-01-17 00:42:51 UTC
I'm agreeing with whoever mentioned that the camelcase "AutoCannon"should just be changed to "Autocannon"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Klyith
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2014-01-17 01:09:49 UTC
Petitioning to rename all large autocannons to "Carronades" in support of my Aubrey-Maturin roleplay. Also all minmatar ships should receive a 30% speed boost when tacking perpendicular to the solar wind.
I am disposable
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#114 - 2014-01-18 10:04:43 UTC
Why on earth is this thread still stickied? Rofl...
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#115 - 2014-01-18 10:56:16 UTC
I am disposable wrote:
Why on earth is this thread still stickied? Rofl...

I was about to ask the same thing...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Vincintius Agrippa
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#116 - 2014-01-24 18:01:15 UTC
Where the hell is the variety? huh? Different modules produced by different corps should have different names. sorry.
Only YOU can prevent internet bullying!
Markku Laaksonen
EVE University
Ivy League
#117 - 2014-02-06 01:59:13 UTC
Why don't we put some solvent on this glue and unsticky this thread?

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy