These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bumping miners, got a fix for it.

Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#81 - 2014-01-05 18:05:14 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:

I'm sorry I'm a pretty simple person. I don't understand how this effects me.

If you arent AFK mining and you arent bumping or ganking then it doesnt, not directly.

Except in regards to the fact that your thread exists because you feel that there are many miners yearnign to be free from the spectre of ganks and so you offered them a solution.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#82 - 2014-01-05 18:54:58 UTC
Alyth Nerun wrote:
They may insult us, petition us and wish us death in RL because we trow them into the cold water. But as soon as I log and my neutral alt remains in the system, I hear how excited they are about chasing me from belt to belt in an effort to stand up to our oppression. How glad they are that finally something happened, even if they lost a ship or got bumped out of the belt. Some will find their way out of their monotony this way. They occasionally write me and say thank you for the wake up call and that they will move on from their isolation to experience the sandbox.

Now you're just ... that's a bit of a stretch isn't it

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Haedonism Bot
People for the Ethical Treatment of Rogue Drones
#83 - 2014-01-05 19:29:24 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

The problem is idleness.

And you know what they say about idleness.

Idleness leads to masturbation. Masturbation makes you go blind. Bump a miner today and save him from going blind. Someday he will thank you.Big smile

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#84 - 2014-01-05 20:07:28 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
This is not a fix.

I do applaud you, however, for GTFO of highsec. Most will not even take that simple step to avoid the bumping cowards.

Why do he need to get off highsec? you on drugs or what? stop ******* trolling you moron. And answer his question/frustration.

Everyone needs to 'get off highsec.'

As for drugs, you should probably get off whatever it is you're on that makes you post like that.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2014-01-05 20:45:45 UTC
Decian Cor wrote:
Slightly off topic, but would an assault frigate be able to destroy something like say, your average renter in a procurer?

I've killed a proc in an af before. You can do it, it just takes for-freakin-ever if they have tanked it.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#86 - 2014-01-05 21:05:03 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Decian Cor wrote:
Slightly off topic, but would an assault frigate be able to destroy something like say, your average renter in a procurer?

I've killed a proc in an af before. You can do it, it just takes for-freakin-ever if they have tanked it.

And no one came to help? How shameful.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2014-01-05 21:37:20 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Decian Cor wrote:

And no one came to help? How shameful.

In all fairness, it was a war target... mining alone... almost no one ever comes to help.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#88 - 2014-01-05 21:54:11 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:
They may insult us, petition us and wish us death in RL because we trow them into the cold water. But as soon as I log and my neutral alt remains in the system, I hear how excited they are about chasing me from belt to belt in an effort to stand up to our oppression. How glad they are that finally something happened, even if they lost a ship or got bumped out of the belt. Some will find their way out of their monotony this way. They occasionally write me and say thank you for the wake up call and that they will move on from their isolation to experience the sandbox.

Now you're just ... that's a bit of a stretch isn't it

Shhhhh, I just try to get that IW Scorp..
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2014-01-06 15:56:58 UTC
If your looking for a home try my corp. I advertise it because we are legit about our players. We pay attention and give people the proper attention and advice they need to succeed. If you look at my resume I have been AROUND. They treat me well and I love it.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#90 - 2014-01-06 16:00:59 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
If your looking for a home try my corp. I advertise it because we are legit about our players. We pay attention and give people the proper attention and advice they need to succeed. If you look at my resume I have been AROUND. They treat me well and I love it.

Would you consider someone who was wanting to reform her naughty ways?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2014-01-06 16:03:23 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Talk to my CEO or the recruiting officers. They will talk to you.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#92 - 2014-01-06 16:05:02 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Talk to my CEO or the recruiting officers. They will talk to you.

Ah ok.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2014-01-06 19:34:33 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Null sec. You see most people who reside in high sec are victims of bullying. I myself was a victim not so long ago, sniff lump in throat. I then found the protection of null sec. Better ore and most bullys wont come down here. They are scared. Scared that their little schemes will blow up in their faces. I will give you an example.

When I first started a great person, now freind, extended to me the olive branch and I joined after going through bad corp after bad corp. Once I made it to their system, it was the first time I actually had people backing me up. I was mining and a neut locked me, he was in a dramiel. I scared little miner cried for help and it arrived in a blink. A Machariel (if thats spelled right, I have a headach) flew in and took him out. I continued to mine. In high sec if the machariel engaged him after can flipping me he would get popped.

So there you have it. Move to null with a great support system and you will have the game but the asteroids.

And this friends is a heartwarming demonstration of the good the new order has done for eve. I congratulate you on your move to more interesting horizons. I too would love to move to null-sec, but unfortunately an educator's work is never done.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2014-01-07 12:49:31 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Null sec. You see most people who reside in high sec are victims of bullying. I myself was a victim not so long ago, sniff lump in throat. I then found the protection of null sec. Better ore and most bullys wont come down here. They are scared. Scared that their little schemes will blow up in their faces. I will give you an example.

When I first started a great person, now freind, extended to me the olive branch and I joined after going through bad corp after bad corp. Once I made it to their system, it was the first time I actually had people backing me up. I was mining and a neut locked me, he was in a dramiel. I scared little miner cried for help and it arrived in a blink. A Machariel (if thats spelled right, I have a headach) flew in and took him out. I continued to mine. In high sec if the machariel engaged him after can flipping me he would get popped.

So there you have it. Move to null with a great support system and you will have the game but the asteroids.

And this friends is a heartwarming demonstration of the good the new order has done for eve. I congratulate you on your move to more interesting horizons. I too would love to move to null-sec, but unfortunately an educator's work is never done.

However an educator must expand their horizons as far as academics goes. Maybe teaching about null sec could be a future worth investing in?
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#95 - 2014-01-07 13:01:51 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Hey there RAIN. I hope you don't mind but I did go ahead and look at your bio and just wanted to call your attention to the fact that there is only one "R" in the word "harass" and there are actually two "N"s in the word "innovation".

RAIN Arthie wrote:
I should just log off forever, but that would make you happy. You talk trash to me, and I love you for it. You blow up my ships and troll me, but I laugh it off. You war dec me and harrass my players, and we still play. However I, the marketeer/ manufacturer, have money. Money is power. Money out weighs words. You are dime a dozen. I am desired for business and inovation while you are just another person in the crowd. If the best you have, is to gank a person, son your in real trouble.
Quote: RAIN Arthie

My intent is not to be a spelling/grammar nazi (because I am by no means perfect) but mom was an English teacher and always used to tell me that if you've got something important enough to say, it's important enough to say it right.

I will now return you all to your regularly schedule programming.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

BLACK-STAR
#96 - 2014-01-07 13:09:37 UTC
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#97 - 2014-01-07 13:10:44 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

My intent is not to be a spelling/grammar **** (because I am by no means perfect) but mom was an English teacher and always used to tell me that if you've got something important enough to say, it's important enough to say it right.

I will now return you all to your regularly schedule programming.

My mum was a speech therapist, and Im resisting the urge to find fault with "mom" lol

But thats just a wee josh tae keep'y hoopy, y'ken?

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#98 - 2014-01-07 14:51:00 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

My mum was a speech therapist, and Im resisting the urge to find fault with "mom" lol

He's nae gonna fash himsel aboot "mom". (Assuming he is American, its normal usage then)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#99 - 2014-01-07 14:53:08 UTC
Mythrandier wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

He's nae gonna fash himsel aboot "mom". (Assuming he is American, its normal usage then)

I know, just messin

Though people acloser to home have started using it, and that chaps my ass

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#100 - 2014-01-07 15:00:01 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

I know, just messin

Though people acloser to home have started using it, and that chaps my ass

Aye, as long as people closer to home don’t start using "I could care less" then its all gravy old bean.

That’s the one American English phrase that literally makes no sense, you are saying "I COULD care less about this topic". I.E you care enough about it that caring less is still an option. Which is the exact opposite of the point its supposed to make, that you COULDN'T care less about said topic...

Anyway, sorry for derailing, carry on :)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.