These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Maybe it is time for Low sec without supers?

Author
NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#21 - 2011-11-23 20:23:54 UTC
Ecky X wrote:
lol @ the amount of butthurt in this thread. Get pwned by something in the game = Oh My God, so overpowered! Nerf that! lawl Go back to Teletubies Online m8

The fact is without lowsec accessibility, capitals would be trapped in pockets of space.

Deal with it.

Brilliant idea then!
CCP heres your fix to the super capital problem.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#22 - 2011-11-23 20:24:20 UTC
Ecky X wrote:
The fact is without lowsec accessibility, capitals would be trapped in pockets of space.

I'd be totally cool with this.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Klausan
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2011-11-23 20:26:31 UTC
ITT a lot of pubbies getting mad about being bad at this game and getting owned
OninoTimmo
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-11-23 20:26:56 UTC
Can we just restrict low sec to only frigates so we can have HONOUREABLE pvp and if anyone blobs we can just petition them to ccp and ban them?????
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#25 - 2011-11-23 20:27:20 UTC
Klausan wrote:
pubbies

Roll

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Baden Luskan
Freeworlds Collective
#26 - 2011-11-23 20:27:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Baden Luskan
After seeing how entirely lop-sided that fight was, I would have to agree that CCP may have new insight to the way players use their big shiney toys. Looking at the ships involved on both sides, Id definatly have to say that PL decided to take the fun out of the whole thing for everyone else. However, that is how it has been for years in Eve. The "bittervets" feel a compelling need to constantly ruin fun for everyone else so they feel that they are still important and self-relivent.

I think this speaks to a bigger problem in Eve, and one that keeps alot of poeple from wanting to stay around. I do not know anyone that likes a bully, and even fewer that like being bullied. This, however, is the prevailing attitude in the game, and it is almost to the point where it is a cancer on the game's populus. The CCP whelp fleet is just one of many examples of a group of old players deciding to play bully and set up a situation where the"taking candy from a baby" situation occurs in their favor.

I mean, look at the forums. You see more trash talking an epeen stroking than you do useful information. People purposly derailing useful threads just to do this, and the behavior is encouraged as being "cool." Its this kind of behavior that will always run off new players, never allowing Eve to get new blood, and keeping those bittervets bitter because they have nothing to do.

I am thinking a pandora's box might have been opened here, and CCP needs to take a hard look at the game's player base and decide if they want to continue to let a group of players dictate how the game is played or start taking control of their game a bit more and let players know how the game is played.
Jennifer Starling
Imperial Navy Forum Patrol
#27 - 2011-11-23 20:29:19 UTC
Apollo Gabriel wrote:
I for one would love to have supers NOT in low sec, or at least not above 0.2 or similar to create a "shallow" water zone where men can kill me without using their supers, no hot drops, just skill against mob attack :)

Maybe CCP would agree now?

Good idea.

Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2011-11-23 20:29:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
agreed, lets do this. perhaps make it a part of the low sec buff.

low sec should be all about exploration, small gangs, and maybe a little bit of "ownership warfare" with respect to POS's, customs offices, etc. this would allow for a very nice integration with FW buffs. FW is also struggling when it comes to cap presence.

leave cap blobs, hotdrops, and drama for nullsec. really though, caps should be rare, difficult to upkeep, and highly vulnerable to subcap fleets
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-11-23 20:30:19 UTC
Totally in support of this. Always have, always will.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

NykoMe
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-11-23 20:31:49 UTC
Baden Luskan wrote:
Id definatly have to say that PL decided to take the fun out of the whole thing for everyone else. However, that is how it has been for years in Eve. The "bittervets" feel a compelling need to constantly ruin fun for everyone else so they feel that they are still important and self-relivent.

Don't know about you mate but I had EPIC FUN!
Mik kyo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2011-11-23 20:34:00 UTC
Why do you think that your scub pubbie fleet should beat an elite pvp fleet?

Can't beat us unless you play the game bros.
Tyears
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2011-11-23 20:35:03 UTC
Baden Luskan wrote:
qq

maybe if you weren't bad this wouldn't be a problem
Tover Chris
Suicide Kings
#33 - 2011-11-23 20:38:01 UTC
Klausan wrote:

...you are a pubbie...
Freyya
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2011-11-23 20:39:16 UTC
Klausan wrote:

Yes, because not having isk printing moons and such to buy supercaps, or supercap pilots off the market for that matter, constitutes as being mad about being "bad" at this game and getting owned.

Well done pubbie, you might just win the next nobel prise for "getting it"...

As usual people with their shiny toys feel threatened by other people having a normal conversation about an idea and fall back on "i'm better than you and you suck so you're jealous of important little me having a shiny toy".

Queue "Lol U mad bro?" or any of the other standard 100 uses replies.

To answer that: Sure, if it makes you feel better Blink.

Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2011-11-23 20:42:40 UTC
Freyya wrote:
Klausan wrote:

Yes, because not having isk printing moons and such to buy supercaps, or supercap pilots off the market for that matter, constitutes as being mad about being "bad" at this game and getting owned.

Well done pubbie, you might just win the next nobel prise for "getting it"...

As usual people with their shiny toys feel threatened by other people having a normal conversation about an idea and fall back on "i'm better than you and you suck so you're jealous of important little me having a shiny toy".

Queue "Lol U mad bro?" or any of the other standard 100 uses replies.

To answer that: Sure, if it makes you feel better Blink.

Did you expect that unorganized 400 frigates and some 90 goonie BS that ran away as soon as we cynoed in would kill our superfleet or what?

Durr Hurrr Durr
Ivan Zhuk Likes Men
#36 - 2011-11-23 20:45:02 UTC
steave435
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-11-23 20:46:36 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Ecky X wrote:

I'd be totally cool with this.

....Which means that only the defenders would be able to use caps, and thus have a HUGE advantage for several reasons, the main one being in the ability to win fights by using them, and secondly the fact that the attackers need to have those caps to reinforce stuff with.
necrodon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2011-11-23 20:46:42 UTC
gg ccp

would come again
Mik kyo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2011-11-23 20:47:28 UTC
So basically you guys are saying you can't beat us so you want to change the rules?
And once you change the rules you will be able to ownownown the brave warriors of Pandemic Legion?

lol
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2011-11-23 20:47:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
Mik kyo wrote:
Why do you think that your scub pubbie fleet should beat an elite pvp fleet?

Can't beat us unless you play the game bros.

supercap blobs and elite pvp are incompatible concepts. this was supposed to be a productive thread, now all the mouthfoaming PL retards are posting to brag about their 'win'. Roll