These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wormhole (c4) question

Author
Jade Sotken
Minuteman Co.
#1 - 2014-01-05 16:15:47 UTC
I've been looking into ways to make more money on my own, I have a corp behind me, but I'd also like to see if I could solo a C4 in a sub cap, or a loki, is it possible or is it only an OP tengu that can solo a site solo? if you've done this, how would I fit the ship I use?
Centis Adjani
Adjani Corporation
#2 - 2014-01-05 16:21:50 UTC
Below is a separate Forum 'Wormholes' in the section 'EVE Gameplay Center'.
Take a look there and especially at the sticky threads.
Forest Archer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-01-05 17:48:32 UTC
And sa short answer is no you can't do C4s in anything active tanked excepted maybe a maurauder

Always willing to help all you have to do is ask, though if you're in the other fleet I may not help the way you want. Just a heads up. Pub Channel: Lost Souls Trading Post

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#4 - 2014-01-06 03:07:52 UTC
C4s will absolutely murder anyone that asks questions in New Citizens Q&A that is solo.

If you can duo L5 missions and understand wormhole operational security, then you might be able to complete (inefficiently) C4 sites solo, but if a hostile player gets past your defenses, your expensive ship is toast.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#5 - 2014-01-07 20:26:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
I would imagine that a well fit marauder in bastion mode might be able to tank enough dps to do one solo, but the minute you're scanned out by others then kiss your expensive multi-billion isk ship goodbye. The guys who hang around C4's tend to know how to fight.

EDIT: Instead of asking yourself this, ask yourself why - in a multiplayer game like EVE - you are trying to figure out ways to do things solo. Best solution - get some friends and do it in company. Safer, much more fun, and you can deal with anyone unlucky enough to drop on your grid (unless he has a blob behind him).
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#6 - 2014-01-07 21:49:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
I would suggest 4 ships for a C4, not because of DPS, but because of the energy neuts.

We used to do them with 4x Tengu with passive resists and remote shield transporters. It was very hard to stay awake because it was so boring easy.

As others have pointed out, a Marauder could easily solo, but would be a target.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-01-08 04:33:34 UTC
Remote rep Dominix are also a popular choice for C4s. Three of them can run any of the sites excluding data/relic pretty easily. If you are truly solo, I wouldn't suggest running C4 sites. Even if you can pimp out a marauder that can handle the site, you will be very vulnerable to other players without scouts and backup. However, you say you have a corp behind you, so do as you will.....and I'll just hope to roll in to your hole :D

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament