These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Maybe it is time for Low sec without supers?

Author
Apollo Gabriel
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#1 - 2011-11-23 20:02:05 UTC
I for one would love to have supers NOT in low sec, or at least not above 0.2 or similar to create a "shallow" water zone where men can kill me without using their supers, no hot drops, just skill against mob attack :)

Maybe CCP would agree now?

Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-11-23 20:03:34 UTC
I endorse for the simple fact that I can't use bombs in losec.
"If."
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#3 - 2011-11-23 20:03:47 UTC
I agree, but I also predict a tide of incoming hate from people who'd stand to have easy ganks snatched away from them.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Gazmin VanBurin
Boma Bull Corp
#4 - 2011-11-23 20:06:57 UTC
I also agree, Im not allowed to deploy bubbles or drop bombs in low sec, why should supers get to jump around in there.
xxxak
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-11-23 20:07:54 UTC
I would support this, just for the lulz

[u]The nerfs to supercaps will cause more super pilots to join the largest alliances who can properly "support" their deployment, further concentrating firepower/wealth in EVE. The end result will be fewer "fun" fights, and will hurt EVE in the long run.[/u]

Alexandros Balfros
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#6 - 2011-11-23 20:09:31 UTC
Pretty sure its to make sure they can actually move around in EVE, i imagine there will be situations where you can't actually leave a region because there isn't a 0.0 within range
bornaa
GRiD.
#7 - 2011-11-23 20:10:04 UTC  |  Edited by: bornaa
I support this!!!
This would make low sec much more sexy for small fleet/small gang/solo pvp
And a home for smaller alliances...
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Tyears
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2011-11-23 20:10:48 UTC
They already can't DD, deal with it. Maybe you shouldn't be in a such a scrub alliance with such few supers?
Jonas Xiamon
#9 - 2011-11-23 20:10:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonas Xiamon
I agree with this; imo low sec is for the little man... Who like to kill things, super caps are a tool of "the man" to keep down the little man.

I usally write one of these and then change it a month later when I reread it and decide it sounds stupid.

Kuhn Arashi
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-11-23 20:11:38 UTC
I too, also agree.

however, lowsec is often used as a staging system for the 0.0 guys, more often than just a few easy ganks.

And with recent nerfs to supers, and the removal of 2 jump bridges per system, throwing this in there too would
just make them rage too hard, and I don't think the forums could take it. Sad
Tover Chris
Suicide Kings
#11 - 2011-11-23 20:11:59 UTC
Tyears wrote:
They already can't DD, deal with it. Maybe you shouldn't be in a such a scrub alliance with such few supers?

Like you... oh, wait.

Amarr Empire.
Dominatus Crispus
Nation of Muppets
#12 - 2011-11-23 20:12:49 UTC
Tyears wrote:
u mad? why no speak with your main?
Velarra
#13 - 2011-11-23 20:14:01 UTC
Apollo Gabriel wrote:
I for one would love to have supers NOT in low sec, or at least not above 0.2 or similar to create a "shallow" water zone where men can kill me without using their supers, no hot drops, just skill against mob attack :)

Why stop only there? Why not remove Supers, Gate Guns & Sec loss from lowsec entirely?

saltrock0000
State War Academy
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-11-23 20:14:34 UTC
i agree with OP totally

\'''\<(o_O)>/'''/

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#15 - 2011-11-23 20:15:02 UTC
I think there should be an even more complicated, graduated set of rules for every security level and a long list of modules and ships that are or aren't allowed to be used to their fullest extent.

The list should be entirely arbitrary of course, and quite extensive, encompassing every possible offensive module, and be specific down to the hundredth of a security status point.

This would absolutely enhance my Eve experience and bring the learning curve sharply back into effect.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2011-11-23 20:16:37 UTC
Its ok guys, if you see a super that annoys you, just tell us we will get rid of him for free, just provide the cyno
bornaa
GRiD.
#17 - 2011-11-23 20:16:49 UTC
Apollo Gabriel wrote:

If moving of supers is the problem for this... then you look at bolded part...
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Tyears
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2011-11-23 20:17:38 UTC
Dominatus Crispus wrote:
Tyears wrote:
u mad? why no speak with your main?

Pretty sure you're the one mad that you can't kill a few supers.
Ecky X
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-11-23 20:20:47 UTC
lol @ the amount of butthurt in this thread. Get pwned by something in the game = Oh My God, so overpowered! Nerf that! lawl Go back to Teletubies Online m8

The fact is without lowsec accessibility, capitals would be trapped in pockets of space.

Deal with it.
Gazmin VanBurin
Boma Bull Corp
#20 - 2011-11-23 20:22:23 UTC
Jack bubu wrote:
Its ok guys, if you see a super that annoys you, just tell us we will get rid of him for free, just provide the cyno

do you have a 1800 number we can call? Big smile

As has been said titans can already not use DDs, so why not just make it so SCs cant use fighter bombers in low sec
123Next pageLast page