These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Like rats from a sinking ship!

First post
Author
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#41 - 2014-01-05 21:01:00 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
EA employees move to CCP and CCP employees move to Riot. But the question is: where are the Riot employees going?
Putting on capes and jumping off tall buildings no doubt.

Something is fishy in Santa Monica! Shocked
That's just the stench of dead fish washing up on the beaches from the pockets of fukushima radiation off the coast. Don't worry, Japan says it's safe™ Only the small side effect of wanting to put on super hero cape and jumping off of a tall building.

Posting in EVE is dieing thread.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2014-01-05 21:03:10 UTC
Hint from someone with 17 years of software development industry, including 4 at PC games.

The most important develoeprs are NEVER knowsn to the public (except if they are the founders of the company).

Public relations and marketign people are important, but they are NEVER core on a software company.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#43 - 2014-01-05 21:12:19 UTC
I wouldn't say that 3-4 people going from one large game company to another large game company is all that exciting. I'm actually quite impressed at the time some of those people stayed at CCP considering Eve has been dying since 2003.

/shrug

On a slightly more serious note: I guess you could say that the "brain drain" is sufficient to offset their other awesome recent hires, but I'd say that there just isn't enough information to make a statement like that. Games aren't made or maintained by one guy, no matter how important. It's a team effort, and they've still got a lot of really awesome talent like Veritas, Mastermind, Erlendur, PrismX, Unifex, Punkturis, Karkur, Torfi, and so many more.

Sure, Soundwave and Navigator leaving will hurt. But kill the game? No. It's much too early for statements like that. Smile

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Diamond Zerg
Taking Solo Away.
#44 - 2014-01-05 22:01:14 UTC
If you don't like the thread guys, why do you keep bringing it to the top by posting in it?

(Irony above)
Hi.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#45 - 2014-01-05 22:03:02 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
If you don't like the thread guys, why do you keep bringing it to the top by posting in it?

(Irony above)

'Cause this is EVE-O forums, and that's what we do here. Cool

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Kamii Yo
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2014-01-05 22:41:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kamii Yo
Thatt Guy wrote:
most popular devs

Hmm...

That is HIGHLY questionable. After all SOMER-gate and some questionable decisions I am not sure that these devs leaving is so bad...

Eve could use a change - the current direction is going in circles.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-01-05 22:55:53 UTC
Kamii Yo wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:
most popular devs

Hmm...

That is HIGHLY questionable. After all SOMER-gate and some questionable decisions I am not sure that these devs leaving is so bad...

Eve could use a change - the current direction is going in circles.

*Tinfoilhat Mode*

The current "direction" is on maternity leave, IIRC.

Which is fine, but since the previous owner of that job description is one of the people who left for "Riot", well...

*/Tinfoilhat Mode*

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2014-01-05 22:57:43 UTC
Just see it as the start of a Diaspora ...

... an evangelical crusade where ex-Eve developers spread the word throughout the development community.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#49 - 2014-01-05 23:31:20 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
For the clueless masses: They are slowly infiltrating Riot.

It's not rocket science.

EA employees move to CCP and CCP employees move to Riot. But the question is: where are the Riot employees going?

Something is fishy in Santa Monica! Shocked

Better start checking for their corpses in space.
Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#50 - 2014-01-05 23:37:48 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:
If you can't be arsed to keep up with current events, don't post in a thread about them.
So you can't actually provide any rate — alarming or otherwise? And yet you made a thread about it?

Sigh..
Lets ask Soundwave... oh wait
Lets ask Uniffex.. oh wait
Lets ask Navigator... oh wait
Lets ask Skreggs... oh wait
Lets ask Zulu... oh wait
Roll

Bless have you never heard of "staff turnover"?

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#51 - 2014-01-06 00:04:42 UTC
Frankly, I wont be concerned about the rats deserting the sinking ship until I see posts in C&P about how Fozzie and Rise made off with all the corps office supplies.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2014-01-06 00:06:59 UTC
Logical 101 wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
I care more about random devs than random LolTwistedCoolcelebs going in and out of drug rehab

I think you missed der point, commissar.

People seem to think whatever game they're playing at the moment belongs to them, as do the people who develop and promote said game. Our troll OP has resurrected a very old and successful trolling format here, which leverages our desire for the status quo to never change. People are individuals, dude. The change jobs. They go elsewhere.

No one is going to be CCP Whatever for the rest of their lives.

Wrong.

That's like saying if chribba stopped playing EVE he wouldn't be chribba anymore.Big smile

CCP or no CCP, Zulu will always be Zulu, Guard will always be Guard, we love them, love to hate them, and they will never escape their past, :)
Amarr Citizen 1312151005
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2014-01-06 00:16:22 UTC
Confirmed EVE is dying please contract me all your stuff and I will see to it that it is properly disposed of. ..
Amarr Citizen 1312151005
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2014-01-06 00:17:40 UTC
Oh and if ultima online and everquest are still alive I don't think the eve servers are going down soon. But still contract me your stuff just in case
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#55 - 2014-01-06 00:17:45 UTC
After progodlegend unites eve in a non-blue donut, eve will be revived

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#56 - 2014-01-06 00:34:22 UTC
Amarr Citizen 1312151005 wrote:
Oh and if ultima online and everquest are still alive I don't think the eve servers are going down soon. But still contract me your stuff just in case

I'll take any over-flow.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

stoicfaux
#57 - 2014-01-06 00:58:01 UTC

It's not rocket science.

So CCP is expanding. Surreptiously.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

stoicfaux
#58 - 2014-01-06 00:59:21 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Frankly, I wont be concerned about the rats deserting the sinking ship until I see posts in C&P about how Fozzie and Rise made off with all the corps office supplies.

Well if you try to use a rapid launcher to stop them...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#59 - 2014-01-06 01:06:27 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

It's not rocket science.

So CCP is expanding. Surreptiously.

Gonna drop their sov like an alliance disband and name theft

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#60 - 2014-01-06 01:10:47 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
CCP or no CCP, Zulu will always be Zulu, Guard will always be Guard, we love them, love to hate them, and they will never escape their past, :)

That's all well and good, but at the end of the day, the job was the job. Their CCP names and responsabilities neither define them as people nor preclude them as developers from the same changes in career paths that we all encounter.