These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Like rats from a sinking ship!

First post
Author
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#21 - 2014-01-05 18:06:52 UTC
Logical 101 wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:
Lets ask Soundwave... oh wait
Lets ask Uniffex.. oh wait
Lets ask Navigator... oh wait
Lets ask Skreggs... oh wait
Lets ask Zulu... oh wait

See, I thought developers were contractually obligated to work for one company their whole lives.

This information is stunning and Previously Unknown™ to us.

And just look at all the deep industry insider information we're getting in this thread. EA... Riot... you guys should start your own version of People magazine, only instead of celebrities and politicians, you could fill it with articles about people no one gives a **** about. I predict great success.

I care more about random devs than random celebs going in and out of drug rehab :P
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#22 - 2014-01-05 18:19:07 UTC
Cypherous wrote:
I care more about random devs than random celebs going in and out of drug rehab

I think you missed der point, commissar.

People seem to think whatever game they're playing at the moment belongs to them, as do the people who develop and promote said game. Our troll OP has resurrected a very old and successful trolling format here, which leverages our desire for the status quo to never change. People are individuals, dude. The change jobs. They go elsewhere.

No one is going to be CCP Whatever for the rest of their lives.
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2014-01-05 18:26:20 UTC
Logical 101 wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
I care more about random devs than random celebs going in and out of drug rehab

I think you missed der point, commissar.

People seem to think whatever game they're playing at the moment belongs to them, as do the people who develop and promote said game. Our troll OP has resurrected a very old and successful trolling format here, which leverages our desire for the status quo to never change. People are individuals, dude. The change jobs. They go elsewhere.

No one is going to be CCP Whatever for the rest of their lives.

I understand people aren't going to like this topic, but do you really have to launch personal attacks?
Can't anyone discuss anything on these forums with out being called a troll?

Because I said any of that?

I said devs are leaving at a faster and faster rate, as shown by the numbers.

Lots of high profile devs leaving in the last 6 months.

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2014-01-05 18:29:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Thatt Guy wrote:
Sure. Just make a cogent point with something other than panic-mongering backing it up.

Quote:
Because I said any of that?

…and those numbers are? Because so far, you've listed four people who have left a company of 300+, most of them after having worked there for a very long time — your calling this “alarming” (and we'll skip the “rate” part for now, just to be nice) pretty much exactly matches what Logical was suggesting.
Dave Stark
#25 - 2014-01-05 18:29:32 UTC
what about ccp mintchip? heard a rumour that they got rid of her and apparently her posting in the dust area of the forum stops very abrutply. (not that any one really cares about mintchip but i feel it's a relevant thread to post the question in)
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#26 - 2014-01-05 18:31:52 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:

No, you're a troll in this case because you're obvious.

"Like rats..."

Catchy, if a bit too heavy. Go lighter next time, and you'll get more than 0/10. Oh, and the "when will they shut down the server?" line, that was a dead giveaway too. You need to employ more subtlety.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#27 - 2014-01-05 18:41:04 UTC
The only one that will be missed is Soundwave, he was a great lead dev.

The Tears Must Flow

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-01-05 18:42:03 UTC
Looks like that guy should just give me his stuff

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#29 - 2014-01-05 18:52:05 UTC
Everyone here is a troll.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Decian Cor
Stronghelm Corporation
Solyaris Chtonium
#30 - 2014-01-05 18:57:09 UTC
OP is actually trying very hard to be "That Guy" right now. Cue golf clap.

[u]Unfiltered for the masses.[/u]

http://imgur.com/mzSl1Ie

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#31 - 2014-01-05 18:59:12 UTC
Cypherous wrote:
Logical 101 wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:
Lets ask Soundwave... oh wait
Lets ask Uniffex.. oh wait
Lets ask Navigator... oh wait
Lets ask Skreggs... oh wait
Lets ask Zulu... oh wait

See, I thought developers were contractually obligated to work for one company their whole lives.

This information is stunning and Previously Unknown™ to us.

And just look at all the deep industry insider information we're getting in this thread. EA... Riot... you guys should start your own version of People magazine, only instead of celebrities and politicians, you could fill it with articles about people no one gives a **** about. I predict great success.

I care more about random devs than random celebs going in and out of drug rehab :P

Let's all read themittanidotcom articles about it.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#32 - 2014-01-05 19:38:09 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
what about ccp mintchip? heard a rumour that they got rid of her and apparently her posting in the dust area of the forum stops very abrutply. (not that any one really cares about mintchip but i feel it's a relevant thread to post the question in)

The first rule of CCP Mintchip is do not discuss CCP Mintchip.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#33 - 2014-01-05 19:53:31 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

o snap, did something happen?

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#34 - 2014-01-05 19:57:03 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I can confirm nothing.

Rumors of trollmageddon are just that.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#35 - 2014-01-05 20:07:16 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I can confirm nothing.

Seems like I missed something hilarious.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#36 - 2014-01-05 20:10:49 UTC
Oh come on.....don't be 'Thatt Guy'......

it had to be said.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#37 - 2014-01-05 20:25:27 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Alavaria Fera wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I can confirm nothing.

Seems like I missed something hilarious.

Yah.
High drama *and* high comedy *and* gratuitous slapstick, all at once.

There's an excellent article on Minerbumping-Dot-Com - Go there and search the subject name.

Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2014-01-05 20:31:19 UTC
there is currently 52294 players online, i think that is the most i have seen since i joined an it increases every time
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#39 - 2014-01-05 20:32:39 UTC
Bel Tika wrote:
there is currently 52294 players online, i think that is the most i have seen since i joined an it increases every time

Not a record, but a good number. :)

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#40 - 2014-01-05 20:51:25 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:

Lots of high profile devs leaving in the last 6 months.

Do you have the numbers for all people leaving CCP since it opened, in order to make that statement?

"Lots of high profile devs" = "The devs I have heard of"