These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Gonditsa Revealed

Author
Alt Alter
Alt Ops
#21 - 2014-01-04 23:10:53 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Oh, dat shame I feel when NPC alts call me names...

People post on their mains?

Yea i too am shocked by this revelation. And suggest we hunt these people down for this slight.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-01-05 01:42:42 UTC
Decian Cor wrote:
So, there I was, sitting in station about three jumps out. Myself and a few other subcaps had been lying in wait for quite some time up to this point. When the call finally came through, "ALL BLUE SUBCAPS BURN TO GONDITSA", my heart started pounding and my jimmies became rustled. Each warp to the next gate seemed to take an eternity, and I cursed my Talwar for being so ridiculously slow. But the adrenaline was pumping, and I knew this would be my moment.

Jumping into system, I warped immediately to the anchor. Upon landing, what I beheld was a spectacular show of vivid and dazzling lights of the likes I had never seen before. For a moment, I stopped and stared in awe, and thanked God I wasn't epileptic. Cynosaural Fields were lighting the skies everywhere, and masses upon masses of ships where appearing on the field from every direction.

I then started burning towards the first primary, skillfully maneuvering my ship between the floating wreckage of our enemies. I locked his gigantic dreadnought immediately and began firing all of my Upgraded Malkuth Light Missile Launchers at him. I set up a 20km orbit at 2000km/s and his gigantic guns were instantly useless against me. His pitiful existence ended in a bright blue explosion, further rustling some jimmies from the rest of the fleet. After a big cheer from the mates, I managed to destroy at least TWO brave newbie frigates, an atron and a griffin.

Then I was locked up by some marauding space asshat in a Thorax, and my ship was blown to pieces and spread about the field, adding to the spaceship graveyard outside the forcefield. But my escape pod was too quick for his sensors, and I escaped unharmed.

BUT I WASN'T DONE YET.

I managed to find a Thrasher for sale 2 jumps out, and some fittings a further 2 jumps out. After scrambling around and fitting up the most epic destroyer I could, I was back on the field. I didn't even have rigs fitted. But my Thrasher still managed to pound out over 13 THOUSAND damage to yet another dreadnought before I was vaporized a second time.

And that's it. That's how it all happened. We changed the course of EvE and New Eden on that day. And I will never forget those who fought by my side, those who survived to fight again, and those we lost.

"I was there."

Best post in GD for a while. Ignore the Ftards.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Savnire Jacitu
Abysmal Gentlemen
We Didn't Mean It
#23 - 2014-01-05 02:15:25 UTC
I really enjoyed reading this, you should write some more things up in the future.

Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-01-05 02:24:46 UTC
I remember my first cap battle. We killed a Nyx and made another self-desruct so he could "save his pod". Unfortunately, that pod was not fast enough for my insta-locking Stilleto.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Melanine
Covert Intelligence Agency
#25 - 2014-01-05 04:11:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Melanine
Ptraci wrote:
Eram Fidard wrote:
Heh, I remember seeing a cluster of gonditsa capital kills on eve-kill. Good for you for being there, first capital fights are not to be forgotten.

Heh, cluster is only half right. Add to it another word starting with F and ending in K, and this clusterf...k describes the Gonditsa situation very well. I'm currently blue with the defending party. It turns out they were defending a POS repping party on an R/32 moon. They expected to be hot dropped and had set up a counter drop. Apparently some information was leaked, and a counter-counterdrop was prepared. I wasn't in the fight fortunately but I'm given to understand that things didn't go exactly as planned, some people who were expected to be blue in fact joined up with the reds, you know, typical EvE style: intrigue and betrayal.

The result was heavy losses on the defending side - exacerbated by one fleet commander who apparently told the dreads to stop firing (while still under fire). But also some casualties were inflicted.

Yep a typical day in EvE.

Shadow Cartel got called in super late, which got a bunch of dreads killed on the defending side that didn't need too. On top of that, Void showed up to help defend, but didn't tell anyone they were going too, so the defenders ended up shooting them(because Void wasn't in the same fleet) thinking they were hostile, at which point Shadow jumped out(Shadow and Void are bros), and Void ending up killing a bunch more caps on the defending side.

Total cluster ****.

That being said, from the point of view of a 3rd party line member who had his dread survive, it was ******* hilarious.

BeerThirty.com ~ More than just your favorite liquid breakfast.

ROXGenghis
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-01-05 04:31:43 UTC
It really was an awesome fight. Much more fun than the thousand-plus TIDI fests I've had in sov 0.0.

There was no TIDI. Individual pilots' fates were not up to chance; you could actually maneuver. Local topped at about 250. There were at least 4 different groups shooting each other. There were dozens of dreads and carriers, but also extensive subcap fleets flitting about the field. There was a strategic objective. There were third parties. There were fourth parties. There were temp blue arrangements that started after the fight began and ended before the fight was over. There were brawling BS wings, mid-range cruiser wings, and long-range ABC wings. There were vets and newbies both having a great time.

gf
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#27 - 2014-01-05 04:45:58 UTC
The story needs more drake.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-01-05 12:36:58 UTC
Decian Cor wrote:
If anything, people like you and the rotten egg should be happy that new players like myself are still coming in and having fun.

ignore them. the thrill of adrenaline and the excitement of those first pvp battles are distant memories for them and they are jealous that you can still experience it. gj on reshipping and gj on having a good time on an internet spaceship game.
hope eve brings you many more glorious victories or at least events you can spin as such.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#29 - 2014-01-05 12:51:20 UTC
Melanine wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Eram Fidard wrote:
Heh, I remember seeing a cluster of gonditsa capital kills on eve-kill. Good for you for being there, first capital fights are not to be forgotten.

Heh, cluster is only half right. Add to it another word starting with F and ending in K, and this clusterf...k describes the Gonditsa situation very well. I'm currently blue with the defending party. It turns out they were defending a POS repping party on an R/32 moon. They expected to be hot dropped and had set up a counter drop. Apparently some information was leaked, and a counter-counterdrop was prepared. I wasn't in the fight fortunately but I'm given to understand that things didn't go exactly as planned, some people who were expected to be blue in fact joined up with the reds, you know, typical EvE style: intrigue and betrayal.

The result was heavy losses on the defending side - exacerbated by one fleet commander who apparently told the dreads to stop firing (while still under fire). But also some casualties were inflicted.

Yep a typical day in EvE.

Shadow Cartel got called in super late, which got a bunch of dreads killed on the defending side that didn't need too. On top of that, Void showed up to help defend, but didn't tell anyone they were going too, so the defenders ended up shooting them(because Void wasn't in the same fleet) thinking they were hostile, at which point Shadow jumped out(Shadow and Void are bros), and Void ending up killing a bunch more caps on the defending side.

Total cluster ****.

That being said, from the point of view of a 3rd party line member who had his dread survive, it was ******* hilarious.

Im just happy my dread didnt die either, first time I took it out and actually got involved in a serious fight.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#30 - 2014-01-05 13:18:32 UTC
OP is full of win. Never let the naysayers get you down, there are ALWAYs people looking for the opportunity to **** in your coffee. Keep that coffee covered, work on those dodge skills, and you're good to go.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#31 - 2014-01-05 14:51:37 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:
OP is full of win. Never let the naysayers get you down, there are ALWAYs people looking for the opportunity to **** in your coffee. Keep that coffee covered, work on those dodge skills, and you're good to go.

Seconded OP. I'd rather read about small actions like this than "nerf falcon/cloakycamping/slowcats/omg goonz" for the millionth time.
Rhatar Khurin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2014-01-05 16:47:40 UTC
Sounded like fun!
Spurty
#33 - 2014-01-05 18:49:27 UTC
You got back on the bike and came back for seconds

You are now officially hooked :-)

Ignore the numpties that wish they had so much fun.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Major Xadi
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#34 - 2014-01-05 20:46:28 UTC
I think Naydra got a bad rap here. She was calling Schmata's post a bad egg. Not the OP.
Also, the op is the kind of stuff I like to read on GD. Keep the stories coming.
Previous page12